I whipped these up yesterday for the sake of celebrating the onset of fall, and was overwhelmed by how awesome they turned out to be! These pumpkin muffins are gluten free, sugar free, vegan, and they taste GREAT. I even added some chocolate chips to a few for Will, and he approved too.
If the boyfriend approves, they must be good
Yield: 10- 12 muffins depending on size
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free Oats
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cups sweetener (I used Stevia, but you can also use sugar or agave nectar)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 15- ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, xanthan gum, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
3. Stir in pumpkin puree and water until combined. Pour mix into greased muffin tins until filled just below the top.
5. Bake for 27-30 minutes, depending on size of muffins. When muffins are done cooking, allow to cool for 5 minutes until serving.