Try as I might, I have yet to come up with a truly healthy reason to eat an entire box of cookies. So instead, I focus on trying to make my favorite less-than-healthy snacks as nutritious as possible. A simple search will yield dozens of results for healthier alternatives to chocolate chip cookies, but this protein variant is my favorite. It only requires 5 ingredients, is not laden down with excess sugar, and provides a decent amount of protein per cookie. This recipe will make 12 cookies total.
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 scoops (60g) unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 C quick oats
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash your bananas (the riper they are, the easier they will be to mash) and mix together all of the ingredients, adding the mini chocolate chips last
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon your batter onto the sheet; bake for 12 minutes
This recipe is great because it is simple, quick, and you won’t feel guilty later for grabbing a cookie or two.
Nutrition information per cookie
Calories: 88.9, Fat: 2.7g, Sodium: 48.1mg, Carbs: 11.2g, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 3.8g, Protein: 6.2
A traditional brand name chocolate chip cookie will run you 100 calories, 5g of fat, 80mg of sodium, 13g of carbs, 0g of fiber, 8g of sugar, and 1g of protein so the protein cookie is the clear winner here when it comes to which is better for you.