Sometimes one good chocolate chip protein cookie recipe isn’t enough. Some days, it feels like there is simply not enough chocolate in the world. Of course, this once again raises the question of how can I get my chocolate fix without breaking the calorie bank? My favorite go-to method for cookies is remove the bad stuff (white sugar, processed stuff, etc.) and add in some protein to ramp up the nutrition. This recipe will yield 14 delicious, chocolatey cookies.
Ultra Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ an avocado
- 2 scoops (60g) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ C rolled oats
- 4 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbs dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash your bananas (remember, riper bananas are easier to mash) and avocado then mix together the remaining ingredients
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and dole out your batter with a tablespoon; flatten slightly with a drinking glass or the back of your spoon
- Bake for 10 minutes
Like my other protein cookie recipe, this option calls for very few ingredients, doesn’t take a lot of time to prep and bake, and is absolutely scrumptious!
Nutrition information per cookie
Calories: 68, Fat: 2.3g, Sodium: 2.1mg, Carbs: 9g, Fiber: 1.7g, Sugar: 3.7g, Protein: 4.5
Remember, standard store bought cookies carry way more of a calorie punch coming in around 100 calories, 5g of fat, 8g of sugar, and only 1g of protein for just one cookie. When your sweet tooth strikes, turn to these ultra chocolate cookies instead.