Let it be known that I looove me some dark meat.
(And I’m not talking about Will’s Peruvian/Latin flava’, although it’s true that his hips don’t lie.)
I think back to the days when I thought that “healthy eating” consisted of three precisely measured ounces of white meat, 1/2 a cup of steamed greens, and a spritz of Pam cooking spray. In fact, I distinctly remember requesting that my protein be cooked with no butter/oil at restaurants, that my dressing ALWAYS be of the low-fat variety, and that my croutons be thrown into the scorching depths of hell.
Now, as I look down at my curvier hips, smile at my clearer skin, and appreciate my signals of womanhood, I can’t help but to say–
“hold the breast and pass me the legs?”
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking dish with foil.
2. Wash drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel. Try to dry them as best as you can because this will allow the skin to get crispy.
3. Coat drumsticks with coconut oil, then arrange them side-by-side on the pan. Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper on the chicken, flip them over, and do the same on the other side. Rub the spices into the drumsticks.
4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, flip chicken, then cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!