1. Watching Popcorn prance through my parents’ backyard is quite frankly one of the brightest moments of my day. His freestyle skipping transforms him into some type of cross between a gazelle and a kangaroo
with an emphasis on the latter.
2. Catching up with long-time friends during winter break. Pictured below is my good friend Stephanie (we’ve known each other since the 6th grade!) who I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch with after one of my Christmas choir performances. She practically surprised me by spontaneously showing up. I’m telling ya’—once a good friend, always a good friend.
3. Receiving a care package from Swanson Vitamins, complete with a couple supplements and a massive 3 pound bag of organic coconut flour.
4. I know I’ve already mentioned this trillions of times, but I’ve recently been so captivated by any and every Joyce Meyer teaching that I can get my hands on. Whether it be in the form of her podcasts that I listen to while out on my neighborhood walks, or one of her many books that I’ve accumulated on my bookshelf, she always seems to have a specific message with my name written all over it.
How to Hear From God is my most recent addition, and I couldn’t be more enthralled by the way it’s impacted the way I react to my thoughts and feelings. I highly recommend this one to anyone else going through a quarter-life crisis
5. Giant jars of empty peanut butter that I can eat sweet breakfast scrambles out of.
With an extra long spoon, of course.
6. The “paleo challenge” that I’m conducting at work. As I’ve mentioned before, the physician that I work for believes in a high protein/high fat/zero grain diet, and we’ve seen numerous successes in weight loss patients who have decided to follow this type of plan. This weekend when I was tossing around new ideas for our website, the thought of conducting a month-long paleo challenge on an individual with an average weight popped in my mind, and Will (and my mother) were excited to step up to the plate.
The next day they both popped in to do a “before” full-body analysis complete with body fat readings, measurements and all. I’m very curious to see what happens!
(and also very excited that I get to eat lots of steak in the meantime.)
7. Popcorn snuggles. Any questions?
A bit to think about: Tell me about something that makes you smile.