Where The Heck Have I Been?!: Winter Edition

by Brittany on January 5, 2013

popcornbag

Is this pink snakeskin puppy carrier for my MALE dog any less horrible since it was a Christmas gift and not a self-purchase?

pursepup

Because I’m hoping that’s the case ;)

In all reality, it’s been a little over a month since I was regularly posting here on Itty Bits, and to be honest my little hiatus couldn’t have been more perfectly timed (which I’ll get into more deeply in another post.) My Christmas break was spectacular, and not only did I get to enjoy a full week off of work, but I also was able to soak in more family time than I have since my move down to Miami. With less scheduled blog time/ more free time, I was even able to help out some family with wrapping and running errands a lot more than I typically am able to, which was definitely great news.

Other notable mentions? The bacon-wrapped almond-stuffed dates that I made for a party (which were devoured in 5 minutes flat)

bacon wrapped almond dates

And were SUPER easy to make! I stuffed the dates with almonds, sliced the bacon slices in half and wrapped each half around a date, stuck a toothpick through the whole thing, then baked them on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I also flipped the dates half-way through the cook time, just to be thorough.

Worshipping in the church Christmas choir (can you spot me?)

worship

Kicking off the New Year at my first official Bunco party,

newyears

and getting caught red-handed during a midnight kiss.

kissnewyears

Finding any excuse to whip up a latte with my new Aerolatte,

latte

aerolatte

(I think I’m up to 3 per day now, coffee & chai tea lattes combined.)

Apples To Apples galore,

applestoapples

Priceless photo opportunities of Sleeping Beauties,

momsleep

Christmas reindeer (or Mickey?) cookie making,

reindeers

and spending lots of time thinking up creative & quality Christmas gifts for my loved ones. Rest assured that my brother was THRILLED about sporting this one ;)

katie brandon

A fabulous start to 2013 indeed! Let’s hope that the rest of the year is just as good :D

A bit to think about: Any highlights from your winter celebrations?

Olivia Hill @ lifeasliv January 5, 2013 at 9:05 am

I looove Apples to Apples! My family and I play it all the time. Talk about a fun way to hang out with loved ones. :) I’m glad your hiatus is going so well! I guess it just reinforces how right of a decision this was for you. :)
Olivia Hill @ lifeasliv recently posted..Monstrosity Recap.My Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 5, 2013 at 9:29 am

Looks like you had a great holiday! I love Apples to Apples. But we tried playing it with my in-laws over Thanksgiving, and I don’t think they quite got the concept! ;)

We had a great Christmas down in Florida. It was nice to just relax with family and eat plenty of good food!

Love ya, girl! Nice to see a post from you! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Christmas in Florida: My idea of a “white” (sand) Christmas.My Profile

Kristin January 5, 2013 at 10:32 am

Ahh I was just thinking about you yesterday and that I should email you to see how you are and then of course you post..it was fate :p I’m so glad you’re doing well! I miss reading your posts but I can certainly understand the need to take a step back as I did last year for many months! Hope the new year is off to a wonderful start for both you and Will! Have a great weekend xo

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups January 5, 2013 at 10:40 am

We played Apples to Apples too! Such a fun game!! Glad you had a great holiday season!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Best year ever?My Profile

Megan L January 5, 2013 at 10:47 am

It has been years since a good bunco party. You should check out the game Time’s Up, it is a team game that has some elements of charades, and always gets lots of laughs in my family. Glad you are back!

Danielle@ Clean Food Creative Fitness January 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

So happy to read a blog of yours and I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time off with family! Sometimes its so great and so necessary to just take a break from everything :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

This post makes me smile. :) I’m so glad you were able to get so much quality time with your family and just take in the holidays! Thank you for your sweet card too! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Healthy Banana BreadMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 5, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Glad you had the extra time to enjoy your holidays!

Purelymichelle January 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm

glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday!!! love seeing all the beautiful pictures

Dawn January 5, 2013 at 8:58 pm

My chihuahua would kill me for putting him in a bag…any color. He only let me do that twice was he was a baby and never again.

Those cookies look to cute to eat!

Brittany January 6, 2013 at 6:22 am

Haha Popcorn wasn’t too happy about it either!
Brittany recently posted..Where The Heck Have I Been?!: Winter EditionMy Profile

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food January 5, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Looks like you had some great holiday times! Glad to see you checked in! I hope everything is going well for you guys and I hope to hear more in the new year!

P.S. I’m sure Popcorn loves his new carrier! ;)

Brittany January 6, 2013 at 6:23 am

Thanks Kelly :) Hope all is well for you as well!

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri January 6, 2013 at 1:13 am

Love hearing from you! Looks like you had a great holiday season! ;-)
Cinnamon @ eatpraytri recently posted..The CinnaListMy Profile

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

I’m glad you had such a good holiday! I’m obsessed with my Aerolatte too – it makes drinking coffee and tea feel so much more exciting haha.
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..White bean, turkey sausage, and kale soupMy Profile

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 6, 2013 at 10:47 am

I love Bunco and Apples to Apples! It sounds like you have a fun holiday season.

P.s. Those reindeer cookies are absolutely adorable!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Roasted Vegetable Pizza on a Cauliflower Pizza CrustMy Profile

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 6, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I’m so glad you popped in! I miss you!! :) I’m so glad that you had a great holiday!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..S.M.A.R.T. New Years GoalsMy Profile

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen January 6, 2013 at 8:31 pm

So glad to see you’ve had a great time since you’ve been gone! My hubs and I got aprons kinda like your brother’s for one of our wedding gifts, but his looked like a tuxedo and mine looked like a wedding dress. I’ve only worn it once which really needs to change b/c I am forever staining up my clothes! Hope to hear from you more soon! Oh! Really quickly, my hubs and I had a…ahem *cough, cough*…disagreement the other day, and all I could think about was that quiz you took that showed that you and your Will have different love languages. Was that the 5 Love Languages of Love by Gary Chapman? Have you actually read the book or did you take the quiz online somewhere? I’m *really* interested in reading it b/c I think it could help us out A LOT. XOXO

Blogging Runner January 6, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Love the cookies they are so cute! Can’t wait for more posts from you!
Blogging Runner recently posted..Elliptical And A Crazy Cardio CreeperMy Profile

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 7, 2013 at 10:27 am

It looks like you had a great holiday! Sometimes it’s totally worth it to take a nice break from blogging and enjoy living life! Also, those aprons are adorable!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Seriously NeededMy Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola January 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yay it’s nice to have you back! Sounds like the time off was exactly what you needed and how nice that you were able to spend more time with your family over Christmas! I’ve been to a bunko party before and I think they are so much fun! What a great NYE celebration! And those cookies are so cute!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Scenes from the WeekendMy Profile

Sara @my less serious life January 8, 2013 at 6:24 am

yay for the update! we miss you but glad you are enjoying your time away from the blog. ps that coffee maker thingy roccccckkkks!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..chocolate-vanilla-peanut butter green smoothieMy Profile

Kat January 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I MIIIISSSSS YOU!!! :)
So glad you’ve been well. And I made cupcakes into reindeer, so I guess great minds think alike huh?
And I seriously need a frother in my life!
Kat recently posted..Time for changes.My Profile

Maren January 8, 2013 at 2:26 pm

First, the dog carrier… Adorable! I saw rock it with every outfit!

Second, I totally hear ya on the blog-cation. I took a pretty big one and it couldn’t have worked out better. I’m glad you are more refreshed and got to spend all that time with your family doing little things. the little things are what we value in the end after all.
Maren recently posted..Boy, how life has changed!!My Profile

Nikki January 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm

That picture of you and Will at midnight is priceless! What a wonderful catch-up post! :) Can’t wait to read more from you! Glad that the break was so helpful and healthy for you!
Nikki recently posted..WIAW: Meal Planning EditionMy Profile

Shel@PeachyPalate January 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I’d no idea you were back!!! Delighted! Glad to hear you enjoyed the break, heading straight to the next post for another update.

Kathy January 11, 2013 at 8:41 am

Happy New Year! It was so fun reading your post and the comments, too. So glad you and Will enjoyed a wonderful time with your families!