When Will craves fast food, I can easily think up an extensive list of reasons why he should avoid it.
When he craves soda, I can simply explain that water would be wiser.
But when the boy craves baked goods, specifically the mini m&m blondies in the Starbucks bakery display, I just cant find it in my heart to crush his dreams. In fact, my lips start spewing out crazy statements like “I can make those better AND cheaper!” (no offense Mr. Starbucks-baker)
Peanut Butter Mini M&M Blondies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized pot, melt the brown sugar and butter over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Allow to cool for 10 minutes until mixture is slightly cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Stir eggs and vanilla extract into peanut butter mixture on the stovetop (it will be very thick!) Pour peanut butter mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Fold in 1 cup of the mini M&M’s.
- Pour batter into greased 9×13” pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of M&M’s and press the candies lightly into the batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Well, at least I wasn’t lying 8)
A bit to think about: Are you an easy target for bakery displays?