WIAW “Eat More” Edition

by Brittany on May 2, 2012

Halleluiah.

Finals are finally done, and I only have two summer courses left until I graduate! Over the past few months it’s become very clear to me where God wants me post-undergrad, so mid-way through the summer I will be packing up my thaaangs and moving out of my apartment and away from Orlando. Without Will.

But more on that later—for now, let’s check out what I’ve been eatin’ lately, shall we? ;)

Per usual, this is a recap of what I ate on Tuesday (WIAT)

Remember that almond butter jar that I bought less than a week ago? Yep. Already demolished 8)

oats in a jar

And I ACTUALLY had the stomach-patience to wait 25 minutes for steel cut oats from scratch!

• 1/4 cup steel cut oats
  • Sliced banana
  • 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
  • Cinnamon
  • Stevia
  • Vanilla extract
  • Topped with the chocolate peanut butter that Ashley made from scratch and sent to me a while back. Boy, is that girl talented or what? ;)

nut butter oats

& coffee + vanilla coconut milk creamer.

coffee
A few hours later when I felt hunger looming, I threw together something strange—Greek yogurt, a microwaved sweet potato & PB2

yogurt sweet potato

aaand it was followed by a peanut butter butternut squash muffin a little after that.

butternut squash peanut butter muffin

One thing about this eating more thing—I feel like I’m CONSTANTLY noshing! Because I’ve actually given myself “permission” to do this, there has been so much less pressure on the food that I eat, times that I eat, etc. I find that by taking away most of the self-imposed food rules that I had before, I don’t rush through my meals like I used to and don’t think about what I’m planning to eat next nearly as much.

Intuitive eating + more food in one package? I’ll take it :D

Next up was lunch–

tofu salad

A spinach salad with leftover light teriyaki tofu, avocado, and Makoto ginger dressing.

tofu spinach salad

Followed by a huge bowl of puffed millet, almond milk, Stevia & Sunbutter.

puffed millet bowl

Popcorn and I set out for our daily walk and upon our return I finally started reading Catching Fire. Am I the only grandmother/college student who cant sit down to read a book past 6:00 PM because I start to fall asleep?

I’ll take that as a yes.

Dinnertime!

chickpea pizza

A brown rice tortilla pizza that was pretty similar to the one I had this weekend (goat cheese, broccoli, red peppers, chickpeas, dried basil), except with the inclusion of sliced radishes.

Plus more roasted veggies + chickpeas on the side, later doused in natural ketchup.

roasted veggie bowl

Probably one of the most satisfying day of eats in a loooooong time. Now if only I didn’t run out of that cookie dough ice cream… 8)

Time to pack, I’ve got a road trip on the agenda today!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 2, 2012 at 8:03 am

Congrats on finishing the semester! Hope your road trip today is a blast! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Confession & WIAWMy Profile

Alexandra May 2, 2012 at 8:19 am

I bet you feel awesome being done for the semester, just think how close you are to graduating! Woo!!
And your eats rock– I love that sweet potato Greek yogurt idea mmm :)
Have a safe road trip home!
Alexandra recently posted..Picture-riffic ProcrastinationMy Profile

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life May 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

I totally agree, when I give myself permission to eat I feel like I am eating all the time! The truth is though that I am hungry and not over-stuffing myself so I obviously need those extra calories! It’s amazing what our bodies say when we listen! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Almost at the Starting LineMy Profile

Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers May 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I’m in the same boat, trying to eat more to get healthier and have better workouts–sometimes I feel like I’m eating all the time, but it’s AMAZING how much better my body feels!
Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #1My Profile

Marla May 2, 2012 at 8:23 am

Hi Brittany! Not sure if this is too personal a question but I was wondering how many calories you are aiming for now? I’m in a similar situation and just trying to figure it all out. thanks!

Brittany May 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

Hey Marla!

I’m trying not to get too specific with numbers on the blog because I don’t want to influence anyone’s personal eating targets (everyone is different!) but I will tell you that the minimum intake I’m aiming for aligns with this chart: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/estimated-calorie-requirement

I hope that helps :)
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Lori Lynn May 2, 2012 at 8:32 am

Congrats on getting through finals. That’s always a good feeling to be done!
Lori Lynn recently posted..TuesdayMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups May 2, 2012 at 8:33 am

That’s quite the teaser up there! Can’t wait to hear more. Congrats on being so close to being done and finding some clarity in what to do.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..The Rusty SpoonMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 2, 2012 at 8:37 am

YAY for being done!! Safe travels :) . Seeing your chickpeas reminds me that I have an unopened can…I think I’m going to try roasting them for the first time!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Things Happening in MayMy Profile

Linz @ Itz Linz May 2, 2012 at 8:37 am

yummy eats per usual!! congrats on your new adventure coming up! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz WIAWMy Profile

chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

all of your eats look so delicious and satisfying! good for you for listening to your hunger cues more, it takes a lot of courage to do so, but i think you’re doing a really good job so far:)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Greek PitasMy Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body May 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

Yum, everything looks fantastic! I’ve run out of hemp protein powder, but really want to find some more. It’s not easy to come by in my parts apparently though, because I haven’t seen it in any stores :( Enjoy your travels :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Another Ugly “A” WordMy Profile

Nikki May 2, 2012 at 8:51 am

Ahhhhh roadtripping :) Sounds like fun! I am glad you are enjoying your food, and even though you picked it up with some extra food, you still ate things that were healthy and satisfying! Looks like you’re on to something ;)
Nikki recently posted..WIAW–Everything edition!My Profile

Emily Butler May 2, 2012 at 8:52 am

I have yet to do the oat in a jar thing you always do, I almost felt guilty just throwing out my last two sun butter containers, thinking “Brittany would not approve” haha now my coconut butter jar is almost empty, that might my first attempt, since that stuff is so expensive, don’t want to go wasting that now do I! Interesting combo with the greek yogurt, I woke up this morning feeling like greek yogurt, kamut puffs, banana, and PB2! similar, I’ll skip the potato though, I had sweet potato for dinner last night :)
Emily Butler recently posted..“Pooridge Recipe” and The Three Bears!My Profile

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Haha noooooo! You should have the near-empty jars to me!!
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It May 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

Three cheers for a bigger appetite! I’m jealous of that salad – the tofu and the dressing look so amazing.
Have fun on the roadtrip!

Kristin May 2, 2012 at 9:10 am

Congrats on finishing your last semester woo! So exciting :)

I think it’s great how positive you’re being about all the changes you’re making for your health. You’re doing a great job! And I think I just might need to try that sweet potato/greek yogurt/pb2 combo, even though it does sound a little strange :p
Kristin recently posted..Where the heck have I been?My Profile

Brittany @ Britt's Blurbs May 2, 2012 at 9:14 am

Mmmm! Those eats look delicious!

Excited to hear about your summer plans! I’m graduating in December and can’t wait to see what God has in store for me. This is such an exciting time in our lives!
Brittany @ Britt’s Blurbs recently posted..Dinner Date & WIAWMy Profile

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

AND stressful! But exciting nonetheless :)

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog May 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’m so jealous you finished the semester, I’m currently working away on a paper & presentation for tomorrow night & then I’m free. I can’t wait!!!
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..East Coast Paddle.My Profile

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I hope it went well!!!!

By the way, my photoshoot is scheduled for mid-May ;) SOOO excited!!
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Kat May 2, 2012 at 9:41 am

ummm holy yum to this entire post! great job on just EATING!!
Kat recently posted..Healthy Chocolate Chip NibbletsMy Profile

Theresa May 2, 2012 at 10:00 am

woohoo! yay for being done with finals! your day of eats looks YUM!
Theresa recently posted..The unsuspecting burrito…My Profile

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

SO proud you girl!!! ahhh yayyy! you’re doing so well! isn’t it just so freeing to be able to eat up without any food rules or restrictions?!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #32: Road Trip EatsMy Profile

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm

YES! It’s amazing how easy of a concept it is– yet we confuse it with all of our bogus rules!!!!
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

That puffed millet looks fun – I’ve never tried it before. And I think I’m going to have to jump on this tortilla pizza trend!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Spicy Roasted Cauliflower and WIAWMy Profile

Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

Your food always looks so good! Every time I see something I always think “I have to try that”! Good job :) Have a great Wednesday!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Tropical Smoothie RecipeMy Profile

Stephanie @My Freckled Life May 2, 2012 at 11:09 am

Hmm, radishes on a pizza? I’ve never thought of that before! But it sure looks really good – I may have to try it sometime!
Stephanie @My Freckled Life recently posted..Welcome to May!My Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile May 2, 2012 at 11:15 am

Finishing classes is the best feeling ever! Ahh sorry you’re moving away from Will. I can’t wait to hear why though! Looks like you are fueling with delicious foods :D yumm!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..WIAW – On the GoMy Profile

Becca May 2, 2012 at 11:22 am

That is alot of yummy looking food. I think it is great that you are eating when you want :) Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job!
Becca recently posted..TravelMy Profile

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Thanks Becca 8) It’s a work in progress!
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Sara @my less serious life May 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

i’ve been dying to see this post – to see how your intuitive eating has changed your wiaw! looks like a great day of food. also – can’t wait for your update on your upcoming move without wil. i know this is scary, but it sounds like you are sure of this so that is something!

i am about 1/2 through the intuitive eating book and really like it! certainly changing the way i guage my hunger. had an extra afternoon snack yesterday because i ‘listened’ to my body instead of thinking i’d already had my one snack so i couldn’t have another. i’m learning!

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I’m so glad to hear that the book is helping you with your progress, Sara! It was verryyyy difficult for me to do (especially once I found out I wasn’t eating enough!!) but now I’m just taking it day by day & it’s getting much easier :)
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Annette@FitnessPerks May 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Those eats look/sound awesome! I am SO happy for you, lady!

By the way, I too eat alllll day long. And it’s AWESOME. I’ve never felt better and more fabulous in a long time. It’s key to having the hormones and insulin levels more stabalized which = happier me :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Overcoming A FearMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Everything looks great, Britt! I’m super curious where the Lord is leading you to go after graduation!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Every fiber in my being hurts.My Profile

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 2, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Mmmm, dinner looks great! Although I must agree with you, the ice cream would have been a nice touch. ;)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..WIAW: The Homebody PartyMy Profile

Cinnamon @eatpraytri May 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm

LOVING that coffee mug! It’s so Mod. that pizza looks scrumdelish too!! And yes, ice cream would have been a huge plus! ;-)
Cinnamon @eatpraytri recently posted..First time WIAW!! {What I ate Wednesday}My Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Omigosh, I’m dying to hear about your plans- it sounds like big changes are a-coming! And yay for intuitive eating and letting yourself eat without the restrictions- you are doing a great job and still filling your body with lots of healthy foods! And that ginger dressing looks delicious!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Best of BeautyMy Profile

natalie @ southern fit foodie May 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm

YAY for being so close to graduation!!! I know what an amazing feeling that is!

Your food all delicious to me. We made homemade pizzas last night for dinner too!

I’m dying to know about your future plans……
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Weekend RecapMy Profile

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 2, 2012 at 6:13 pm

You certainly are eating more in style! This is all amazing…and healthy so I think it’s okay to nosh on! ;) hehe
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Peanut Butter Protein FudgeMy Profile

katie @KatieDid May 2, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Congrats on being almost done… I’m done in a matter of days and it feels so surreal and hasn’t hit me yet at all. Excited to hear about your future plans, sounds like good things coming your way!
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Crossfit Progress PicturesMy Profile

Shelby @ everydayvegangirl May 3, 2012 at 1:17 am

I love PB2! So good! Your eats look so good! I love to use leftover tofu on salads. I just bought some puffed millet and have yet to find much to do with it? Do you usually just eat it like cereal?

Brittany May 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Yes ma’am! Sometimes I’ll top smoothies with it too, and I know some folks like to throw it in granola :)
Brittany recently posted..WIAW “Eat More” EditionMy Profile

Laura@keepinghealthygettingstylish May 3, 2012 at 7:38 am

I think your my foodie twin! Everything looks so good especially the sweet potato and the millet puffs – I’ve been snacking on them loads too!
Laura@keepinghealthygettingstylish recently posted..WIAW– Eating the whole barMy Profile

Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

wowww so many changes, but I’m excited to see what’s in store for you!! And I’m really liking how you’re eating! (not that my opinion changes anything in the end:P) Everything is so delicious and wholesome looking..good job my lovely sista!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Monday RecapMy Profile

kaceyt May 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

congrats on finishing up finals! the yogurt, sweet potato and pb2 combo is definitely different, but it actually sounds good…i might have to try that:)

Paige @ Running Around Normal May 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Congrats on being done with finals!!! I remember that being SUCH a good feeling.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Cuteness Overload and Jarred SauceMy Profile

julie @ peanut butter fingers May 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

so exciting that you only have TWO classes to go! time will FLY by!!! and woohoo for being done with finals. :)
julie @ peanut butter fingers recently posted..Unexpected StretchMy Profile

Rach May 3, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Your oats look so great! And girl, congrats on surviving finals! :)
Rach recently posted..How well do you know me?My Profile

Baking Serendipity May 3, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I love the peanut butter and sweet potato combination! Definitely something I’ll have to try. And I can’t wait to hear more about your future plans. Congrats on being so close to graduation :)
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Taco CupsMy Profile

Living, Learning, Eating May 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Yum, your eats look delicious! I’m loving the healthy ‘tude. :)

But huh, whaaaaaaaattttttttt? Out of Orlando? I’m SO curious!
Living, Learning, Eating recently posted..Giveaway!My Profile