Okay, time to lighten up the heavy topics up in hurr.
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post called “Friday Things” which ended up being a compilation of random thoughts and updates that were going on in my life. No better time but the present to bring it back!
1. Whole Foods clam chowder is where it’s at,
and the watered down sweet potato-quinoa soup is NOT.
2. Popcorn has discovered that he can scratch his back by rolling around like a beetle on my carpet. He now spends about 3/4ths of his day in this position.
..Because I know that you all were dying for an update on Popcorn’s latest activities
3. Thanks to the great folks over at NASM, I was offered the opportunity to further my CPT certification by studying for/adding on the credential of Fitness Nutrition Specialist.
The concentration is designed for anyone interested in nutrition, whether they have a personal training certification or not. It consists of an online course with a computer-based textbook, and is designed to “eliminate the sea of noise, confusion and misinformation about nutrition.” Um, talk about PERFECT TIMING for me! Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge in the area, but this will specifically be helpful as I strive to learn more about own my personal nutritional choices.
4. Speaking of nutritional habits, I walked into my kitchen yesterday evening to find Will creating quite the feast..
Why yes, those would be bacon wrapped chicken tenderloins, topped with muenster cheese. And yes, that would ALSO be a salad on his plate.
Ah, the sweet smell of progress
5. Tahini & I are becoming best friends. Our relationship is especially flourishing when I find it thrown all over a big plate of roasted veggies.
6. Thanks to my fantastic roommate, Will & I were blessed with a last-minute opportunity to go see the national tour of The Lion King on Tuesday night.
The show was AMAZING, and we were especially impressed with the 9-year-old boy who played Simba. Oh, how I miss my musical theater days..
7. Popcorn and I have been loving our walks as of late. I used to really underestimate the value of just getting outside and trolling through the neighborhood, but lately it’s been sounding like an ongoing brilliant idea. Add in some beautiful Florida weather, my neon laces, & a few tracks of Hillsong United and I’m more than game.
8. I FINALLY finished Mere Christianity and it has officially made it onto my list of all-time favorite novels.
Being a relatively new Christian (not even a year-old yet!), I’ve had MANY unanswered questions resting on my heart that would sometimes allow spiritual doubts to creep in. C.S. Lewis is such a gifted and brilliant man that his logical approach to accepting Christ truly eliminated a lot of these reservations for me.
Each chapter contains SUCH eye-opening material that it’s not exactly what I would call a “speed read”—I found that I got the most out of the novel by reflecting on each new topic one at a time before moving on to the next section.
9. Brown rice tortillas make great pizza crust.
Especially with green peppers, goat cheese, organic shredded chicken, and dried basil
…and burnt crust 8)
A bit to think about: Any great plans for the weekend?