Easter Drivin’

by Brittany on April 9, 2012

Wow, you guys sure do know how to make a girl feel special! Thank you all for the kind words and comments regarding my success in passing the NASM exam this weekend. Quite honestly, I’m still in a state of shock that it’s completely over and I FINALLY have time to read for fun again. Halleluiah!

Speaking of Halleluiah, Happy belated Easter, Passover, or first-weekend-in-April!

This was Will and my first official Easter as Christians, and it was very different to actually spend the day celebrating the rising of Christ, rather than grieving over everything being closed (which is what I would usually be doing.) In a way, I feel like a baby being exposed to so many new things for the first time. Just last year I was stuck in a state of feeling “comfortably numb” and today I couldn’t imagine feeling any more alive.

We started the morning bright and early at church in our finest Easter threads

willme

and followed it up with a drive around town.

driving

driving

Will asked if there was something specific that I wanted to do before heading over to spend the day with his family, and I couldn’t think of anything that sounded better than froyo on a sunny Florida day. Surprisingly we were able to find one frozen yogurt joint (Sweet Swirlz) that was open, and popped in to cool off with a big bowl of creamy goodness.

But I felt horrible for the poor girl behind the counter working on Easter :( At least we came to keep her company!

willfroyo

Per usual, I filled my bowl to the rim with a combo of vanilla, red velvet, and cookies and cream (my top 3 favorites) + tons of fruit, chocolate chips & coconut flakes

froyo

And per usual, we’ll never know what was REALLY in Will’s bowl because of his standard layer of cool whip.

cool whip froyo

The rest of the day was packed with BBQ, good company, and more convertible driving.

easter

will drive

beautiful sky

mewilldrive

Be back later to fill you in on my post-NASM Thai food celebration! As if you guys didn’t see that one coming.. ;)

A bit to think about: Tell me about your weekend!

natalie @ southern fit foodie April 9, 2012 at 8:16 am

Love the convertible pics! My weekend was filled with family and food! We got together with Daniel’s family on Saturday and my family yesterday. We also went to church, and it was a truly amazing service!!!

Isn’t it amazing to have a true purpose to celebrate Easter? To know that we serve a LIVING God is the most assuring and exciting feeling ever!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Broccoli Cheese Mini FrittatasMy Profile

Alexandra April 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

Your pictures are so beautiful, you’re really getting a hang of that camera!! It sounds like you guys had SUCH a fun Easter together! Nothin beats celebrating Christ, sunny convertible rides, loved ones, and froyo ;)
Alexandra recently posted..Recent obsessionsMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thanks Alex! :)

Faith @ For the Health of It April 9, 2012 at 8:47 am

Ooh, I love your aviator sunglasses – that shape looks awesome on your face. Congrats again on the certification!

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Faith!

By the way, I’m still grieving over the fact that I didn’t REALLY see you at Costco :(

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 9, 2012 at 8:48 am

Aw, I’m so glad you had a great Easter!! Love all of the pictures that you took in the car :D. I need to start bringing my camera more places, but it’s just so big that I don’t always know how to lug it around haha.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..I Love It When…My Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Thanks girl ;)
I know, I need to get a more “attractive” camera bag– My purse barely comes with me and I carry around my huge case everywhere I go! haha

Stephanie April 9, 2012 at 8:56 am

Happy Easter (and happy “your life is yours and not PT-test studying” again)!

Your day sounds great. I’m Orthodox Christian, and Easter for us is next week. I’m psyched, because I am going back to NJ (where my family is) from Missouri (where I am in PhD-land…) for the weekend.

This past weekend, however, I did the following: 2 hours of dance classes at my gym on Saturday (Sh’bam and Body Jam launches!), lunch with a former student immediately after that, I finished revisions on an essay that’s been bugging me (and I am ALMOST done with all of the essays for my comprehensive exams), and then yesterday I went on a 13.5 mile run, cleaned my apartment, and had my two honors students over to my place for dinner to talk about their individual honors credit projects over chicken, asparagus, and quinoa! Yay!
Stephanie recently posted..Oh hot damn…My Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Well, a happy upcoming Easter to you! And wow– it sounds like you had quite the productive/active/yummy weekend :D

Emma @ Microcosm of Life April 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

I love your card wind pictures!

And a belated CONGRATULATIONS on passing the exam! We all knew you could do it, obviously, but congrats are still in order :)
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Drive, Hike, EatMy Profile

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life April 9, 2012 at 9:18 am

That makes me so happy that you had a great Easter! I totally agree that when you focus on the true meaning of Easter, it really does make such a difference in how you look at the holiday :-) Congratulations also on passing your NASM exam!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Do the Next ThingMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Thanks Jana!

Rachel April 9, 2012 at 9:27 am

Whatta fun day!!! Ps – I just realized I have the same Chanel earrings ! :P too cool haha. Happy Easter!

Linz @ Itz Linz April 9, 2012 at 9:29 am

Great pix! My weekend was filled with lots of wonderful family time and to top it off last night Jonny and I got ice cream! hehe :) :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..SpiralizerMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Ooo! I’ve been on such a froyo kick, I can’t even remember the last time I had real ice cream haha

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 9, 2012 at 9:31 am

i LOVE that first photo of you and will!!! glad you both had a great Easter celebrating the rising of Christ! isn’t Easter so much more meaningful now?? :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Easter Day ShenanigansMy Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks April 9, 2012 at 9:42 am

ahh i am just getting caught up on my blog reading right now! congrats on passing nasm!! super exciting!! and so glad you enjoyed your first Easter :-)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Spring Has Sprung!My Profile

Nikki April 9, 2012 at 9:50 am

Heheheh I love those pictures in the convertible!!! So glad you were able to celebrate with faith and family! :)
Nikki recently posted..Happy Easter!!My Profile

Kat April 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

love these pics!! sounds like you had an awesome resurrection Sunday :)
Kat recently posted..Giving into Easter CandyMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I love that :)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 9, 2012 at 10:17 am

Gorgeous pictures ! So glad you enjoyed your morning at church and the rest of your Easter Sunday :D
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Easter SundayMy Profile

Brittney April 9, 2012 at 10:58 am

That next to last picture of the clouds from the front seat is making me VERY jealous of you! Such a pretty day!!! I was stuck looking at the inside of Dollar Tree all day (but I can’t complain- I was given Saturday, one of the busiest days of the year, off because it was my birthday :) )

Shelby April 9, 2012 at 11:19 am

Those pictures are GORGEOUS that you took! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 9, 2012 at 11:21 am

LOVE THE PICS!!

Heather April 9, 2012 at 11:26 am

Florida looks beautiful!

My Easter wasn’t so great. :( I was that person behind the counter for 8 hours who had to work and then I came home to a stray cat I feed that had killed 3 baby bunnies (on Easter!). Yeah, I was devastated.

But, I’m glad you had a beautiful day! And congrats on passing the exam again! :)

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Aw, I’m sorry to hear that Heather :( Poor Easter bunnies!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life April 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

Oh what a lovely day, church and then a convertible drive! Mine was similar as it was sunny in Vancouver so after church we went for a drive but the lack of convertible makes a big difference haha. Plus the air isn’t as warm as down in FL so probably it wouldn’t have been as practical ;)
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Better-than-Starbucks’ Java Chip Frappuccino – Protein-Packed!My Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Glad to hear you had a nice Easter!

Yesterday was spent with both my family & Chris’s family. And of course there was lots of food!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Looking PositiveMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Love the car photos! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Easter EatsMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm

You guys are so cute!! :) As you saw on my blog, Brandon and I hiked Stone Mountain on Friday. On Saturday, I ran 11 miles while Brandon went golfing. That night, we went out for some pizza at Mellow Mushroom and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. On Sunday, we served at our church, and then enjoyed some fellowship with other church members at a BBQ. It was a pretty awesome weekend!! :)

And now … I’m in Florida! ;) I drove down this morning (helllooo 4am) to visit my mom!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..King of the Mountain … and a Giveaway.My Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Come save me from my night class!

Cinnamon @eatpraytri April 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Oh my goodness I want to live in this post its so pretty! That pic of you in the car is spectacular! Happy first Easter as Christians!! The day really does take on a WHOLE new meaning! He is risen!!
Cinnamon @eatpraytri recently posted..Movie Monday: The HelpMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race April 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Oh yay! Congratulations!!! :D

What a great Easter you had too! Loving the pics!
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..Easter 2012My Profile

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life April 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Those sunglasses and driving pics are too cool for school :) You’re sooooooo much younger and hipper than I am!!! Glad you had a great weekend. We had fun with Babycakes and her first Easter egg “hunt”… which was more like an egg “pick-up” because the eggs were scattered all over the grass with a new one about every 3.6 inches! Ha!!!
Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life recently posted..Reboot Part 1: Grocery List, Menu, & CostMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Haha! How sweet :)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm

So glad that you had such a wonderful Easter!! How nice that you were able to go to church before meeting up with Will’s family– my church service was beautiful and it just wouldn’t feel like Easter without it! My weekend was different than expected but wonderful all the same! One of the highlights was watching the movie HOP with my Grandma and hearing how happy it made her and how much it made her laugh! :)
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Change of PlansMy Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Girllll you so pretty! Take me to Florida… please?! Looks like you had such a lovely Easter :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Maybe It’s Not All About MeMy Profile

Brittany April 9, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Thank you, Tessa! Come visit!!!

Nescett @ bananaoats April 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Super fun photos!
Nescett @ bananaoats recently posted..Time to FocusMy Profile

Emily Butler April 9, 2012 at 6:26 pm

You look so pretty! love that dress, looks like you had a really nice Easter. And yes convertible riding is so fun, we have one too, love it, makes me feel like I’m awesome haha!!
Emily Butler recently posted..Friday and Saturday FunMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Congrats a million times over on passing your test- I was out of town and away from the internet- but CONGRATS! I’m so excited for you!
Easter is full of so many blessings and it is so wonderful to take the day to reflect on his resurrection. To think, one day we will be in His glory! Eeeek, surrounded by that love, so much to look forward to! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Delightful Sugar CookiesMy Profile

Leah @ DeLeahLicious April 9, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Super cute pictures in the car!
Leah @ DeLeahLicious recently posted..Seeking MotivationMy Profile

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen April 10, 2012 at 6:41 am

I am kind of jealous of those car pictures. As in, I wish I had them of myself to hang on my wall or something. [Does that make me narcissistic?]

I’m also jealous of that fro yo. :)
Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen recently posted..A Vegan in Cattle CountryMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 10, 2012 at 10:07 am

love the pic of you in the mirror with your camera and hair blowing…great shot! :)

Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions April 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I just love hearing about your experiences as a new Christian! I grew up in the faith, so for me it has all been part of life since before I can remember. It’s neat to hear another perspective! I agree with you too ~ Easter makes me feel so alive, and so very, very blessed.
Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..Happy EasterMy Profile