Popcorn Cupcakes On The Road

by Brittany on March 11, 2012

Thank you guys for all of the encouragement, motivation, and kind words in the comment section of my last post. It means SO much to know that I have your support through this unpredictably crazy time in my life, and I thank you so much for it. I wish that I could go into a little more detail regarding the changes that will be happening and the choices that have been pressing on my heart, but I promise— my secrets will be out sooner than you’re probably hoping them to be ;)

Moving on– since I arrived in Miami on Wednesday afternoon I have been tied down to my personal training study materials like it’s my job (which I guess it might be soon?) Other than conducting random flower photoshoots in my free time, I haven’t  really had a chance to see the sunlight, the Miami shoreline, or any in-town friends.

However, because I know that Brittany + sitting all day = recipe for disaster, I’ve been making it a point to head to the gym in the mornings before I even break open my books. The past two days have consisted of much longer workouts than I’m used to (psh, who’s avoiding studying?) and I’ve actually been loving the flexibility of going into the gym without any plans or premeditations in mind. I’m starting to realize that with me, the super secret strategy for success in eating/exercise is to not have a strategy to begin with. The moment that I feel restricted to one method of madness (ahem, Bodyrock Challenge, calorie counting) is the moment that I subconsciously rebel and start eating mouthfuls of chocolate cake and turkey bacon.

But not this morning! Today I woke up with a waning almond butter jar to take advantage of before hitting the road

oats in a jar

Into the mix:

• 1/2 + 2 tbsp Quaker oats
  • Unsweetened almond milk
  • Cinnamon
  • Truvia
  • Vanilla extract
  • Topped with a bit of Sunbutter

oats in a jar with sunbutter

I usually have either ground flax or chia seeds to mix into my oat combos to make the consistency thicker and the ending jar fuller. With no supply of either option on hand, I improvised by adding a bit of extra oats to the pot.

Mission accomplished! I couldn’t even fit the entire serving into the jar and had to make two separate trips to use up the pot leftovers.

almond butter oats

Because 1.25 oats in a jar is always better than 1 ;)

Time to pack up a few last-minute items before Popcorn and I hit the road! Speaking of Popcorn, I’m thinking of making him these cupcakes in edible doggie form.

popcorn cupcake

Source

Except no chocolate this time. Right Will? ;)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 11, 2012 at 8:30 am

Ah, those cupcakes are adorable!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..First Trip to QdobaMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 11, 2012 at 9:26 am

Aw those cupcakes are adorable! I read your post from last night, and just wanted to say that I know everything will turn out the way that it should. I have really come to believe that, and I know that no matter what, great things will happen for you! Hope you have a safe drive!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Beer, Blondies, and BootcampMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 11, 2012 at 10:00 am

I would have added more oats too! Only way to go! Enjoy your trip!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!My Profile

Leashieloo March 11, 2012 at 11:50 am

You MUST make those cupcakes for Popcorn, how ridiculously cute!
Leashieloo recently posted..Snapshots of the WeekMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} March 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Awe I wish I had a doggy to make those cupcakes for!! What a lucky little guy he is!!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Things That Make Me Smile =]My Profile

natalie @ southern fit foodie March 11, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Adorable cupcakes!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Raspberry Vanilla OatmealMy Profile

Paige @ Running Around Normal March 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hey Brittany :) Glad to hear you’ve figured out the best strategy (or non strategy) for you! Enjoy your time in Miami!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..A Date to the VineyardsMy Profile

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish March 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I am *exactly* the same way with my eating/exercise strategy! If I follow a plan too closely, I’ll find myself rebelling before I know it. ;) I’m currently doing LiveFit, and so far, so good, but there’s no way I could follow the strict meal plan! I like to listen to my body and eat according to my cravings. :)

Adorable cupcakes! I hope you share the finished product with us! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Friday Five {Featuring Homemade Samoas}My Profile

Julia March 11, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Your oats in a jar looks amazing, as do those cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.
Julia recently posted..How to mentally get through a long runMy Profile

Corrie Anne March 12, 2012 at 12:36 am

Oh – those cupcakes would be so perfect!!! I kinda feel the same way about sticking to one exact plan. I love working out, but if I have it scheduled – I don’t necessarily always want to do exactly that particular thing!
Corrie Anne recently posted..Whole Wheat Banana Flaxseed Pancakes + Yay Outdoors!My Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body March 12, 2012 at 7:48 am

I am always amazed at how people can manage to be so patient to decorate cupcakes/cakes only to have them eaten! Thos popcorn cupcakes are pretty amazing though :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Thick as MudMy Profile