Deepie

by Brittany on March 10, 2012

What a precious moment in my life.

yellow flower

In three months, I’ll have the ability to pick up my life, move it wherever I want, do whatever I want, with whomever I want. Pressure is an understatement.

Part of me is nervous that I’m going to make the wrong decision, but it’s at times like these that I rely on God the most. If it were up to me, we all know that I would end up under a bridge somewhere eating Puffins and turkey bacon all the livelong day (Okay maybe not, but just roll with me here.)

yellow macro

All I’m trying to say is that being home these past few days has been quite the wakeup call. Oh life, why must you cause me to meander through so many deep thoughts/so many macro pictures of yellow flowers?

Have a beautiful weekend!

Christina March 10, 2012 at 7:59 am

I have learned that there is really no “wrong” choice when it comes to your choices for your life. Ok, not comepletely true. There are some decisions that you could make that are absolutely horrible. In taking the next step with your life, like where to move, where to work, ect. You can’t make a wrong choice. Some choices may work out better but it’s all a learning experience. And I’ve learned that it’s much better to experience something than it is to sit and wonder “what if”.
Don’t feel pressured! You’re smart enough and no matter what, you’ll be just fine!
Christina recently posted..Shrimp ChipsMy Profile

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot, Christina! You have a good point– As long as my intentions are good, I don’t think my response will be bad!
Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Carrie@ Bakeaholic Mama March 10, 2012 at 8:12 am

I truly believe there is a master plan for all of us. So whatever choices you make are the ones that are meant to be!
Carrie@ Bakeaholic Mama recently posted..Extra Cinnamon Pull Apart Bubble Bread w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese GlazeMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 10, 2012 at 8:18 am

I know you’re going to be successful in whatever you choose to do, but I also understand the fear of the unknown. Thank the Lord that we can trust in HIM during times of uncertainty. Brandon and I are dealing with a lot of big decisions and financial stress right now, so we are really leaning on Him during this time! :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time home!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My butt-kicking workout + Whatcha ReadingMy Profile

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 10, 2012 at 8:44 am

in making big life decisions, i’ve realized that sometimes there’s not always a RIGHT or WRONG answer. if you trust in God and desire to please Him, He will use you wherever you plan to be. i’m praying for you girl! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Eating Healthy While TravelingMy Profile

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Alexandra March 10, 2012 at 8:54 am

I love this :) I’m so glad to be able to know God is our rock and will be with us through thick and thin. I know He has a fabulous plan for your life and i can’t wait to see how it all unfolds!
Alexandra recently posted..Bad News BearsMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life March 10, 2012 at 8:56 am

Oh man, you and I are in such similar boats (not identical, but very similar). Let me know if you ever want to talk about stuff, I have been lost in my own thoughts/emotions lately too!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Skin On, Skin OffMy Profile

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I would actually LOVE that– It’s a date! Gchat sometime?
Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 10, 2012 at 9:32 am

He will guide you! No matter where your road takes you, you will never be alone and He will be in control. Pray for His will and you’ll be good to go! :) *hugs* The future is a beautiful thing!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!My Profile

Emily Butler March 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

What an exciting time for you, I’m sure God will make it clear when the time comes where he wants you :) blessings!

natalie @ southern fit foodie March 10, 2012 at 10:01 am

Isn’t it amazing that we have such freedom and opportunity? I know that the Lord will lead you where wants you to be. One thing He has really been teaching/revealing to me lately is that even if we screw up our lives BIG time and make choices based on our own will, He can STILL use us if we turn to Him and seek Him. I have no doubt that God has BIG PLANS for you! :)
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Chobani Giveaway Winner!!!My Profile

Julia March 10, 2012 at 10:22 am

I often struggle with big decisions in my life. Luckily, even when things didn’t seem to be working out as I had wanted or planned for, in hindsight, God has proven to me so many times that knows best. Have you ever read John Piper’s “Don’t Waste Your Life”? Reading through that helped me feel more at ease with decision making….he talks about how you just make a decision with whatever information you are given and then turn the results over to God, knowing that he has a plan. Obviously easier said than done, but that thought always gives me comfort…takes the pressure off of myself.
Julia recently posted..Curry fries, training plan, and the BIG SUR MARATHONMy Profile

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

That book sounds right up my alley– thanks for the recommendation Julia!
Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Stephanie March 10, 2012 at 10:39 am

I think you’ll be great. That’s easy for me to say, maybe, because I’m in my 30s, I’ve moved around a lot, I’ve had a ton of different jobs, I’ve made mistakes, and I am thinking about this from a very different vantage point. But-still-I think you’ll be geat. Brittany! One of the biggest things that I think you have going for you (especially as I look back on my own story and on my friends’ stories) is that you have a very strong passion for something and you have a great community of support around you between your friends, your partner, and your family.

One’s first job after college-especially when passion and a definite career path is in the cards-is a REALLY big deal and a HUGE step into the murky world of the unknown. I don’t want to diminish the enormity of that or take the way it feels away from you. But as some people have written above that no choice is ultimately ‘wrong’ (ie you can learn things from every decision you make, you can always make different decisions or move to different places etc. if one thing doesn’t work out…), I hope you can find comfort in that. Pray. Listen to your gut. Ask yourself, with every decision you make, if your choices come from what you really value or just from what seems the path of least resistance. And just trust that no matter what, as long as you are thoughtfully moving forward and acting responsibly towards your passions and dreams, the world around you will provide you with access to what you *need* even if it is not always aligned with what you may *want* at any given point in time! :)

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Thank you Stephanie! Without my support system, I would feel so much more at a loss about my future plans and ideas. Luckily I have great family, a chihuahua, a boyfriend, and wonderful friends (like you guys) to back me up :)
Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things March 10, 2012 at 10:43 am

Just remember that no decision you make will ever be “wrong,” there may be some learning moments, but all you need to do is pick yourself up and realize that you are capable of doing anything and being anyone…so make it count ;)
Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things recently posted..One & DoneMy Profile

Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 10, 2012 at 11:16 am

That is such an exciting yet scary feeling. The end of college definitely scared me but I quickly adapted. Good luck – I cannot wait to see where you end up!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..More Vegas PicturesMy Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks March 10, 2012 at 12:23 pm

We all have those days where we wonder, ‘what the heck is going on with my life!?’ — I think it’s totally normal and something we all have to stop and think about every now and then. With your determination, you’ll be totally fine!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Bunch-O-StuffMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups March 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm

It seems like the older we get, the more difficult and the bigger the decisions we need to make. Good luck! We’re here for you!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Wall Street CantinaMy Profile

Brittany March 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Thanks Jessica!
Brittany recently posted..DeepieMy Profile

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Some of the best times in my life have come from taking chances, good luck. You are a very wise person, I can only see good thing coming your way!
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Kicking It Saturday StyleMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} March 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Britt you will be fine – you have a GREAT head on your shoulder and I always say, whatever that’s meant to be will happen. It may take days, months, or even years (hopefully not in your case lol) but everyone has their own plan and it may just take time to figure out.
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Things That Make Me Smile =]My Profile

Sophie @ Love Live & Learn March 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I am glad that you have been able to have a wake up call, we all need them sometimes, and I am sure that whatever decisions you make will be the right ones for you.

I hope everything is going well for you, you deserve great things in life :-) I know things can be scary, especially the unknown, I’m in that place right now too! But if you can place your trust in God, as well as the people who care for you, life will turn out wonderful things for you!
Sophie @ Love Live & Learn recently posted..This Friday in Food.My Profile

Cait @ Cait Hates Cake March 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Brittany, good luck with whatever you choose! You’ve got a lot of people supporting you :) Best wishes!
Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..FXB, Tabata, & Karyn’sMy Profile

Corrie Anne March 10, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Ooo. I feel you. Those types of decisions can be exhausting, but inevitably they are so awesome!! :) Dream big. And go somewhere warm! Haha.
Corrie Anne recently posted..Whole Wheat Banana Flaxseed Pancakes + Yay Outdoors!My Profile

Stephanie March 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I totally understand where you’re coming from! I’m still trying to figure it out! I have learned that there is no wrong choice. Also, don’t stress much over it. I used to stress over what I was going to do with my life, but I’ve learned to look at it as an adventure. Through this adventure I’ve done things that I never thought I would do but ultimately have been working towards my final goal. And last, enjoy the ride! You’ll do great!
Stephanie recently posted..Changes :) My Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm

To me, everything is a learning process. If you decide to do one thing, you can either love it or hate it. If you hate it, change it!! You never know until you try :)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..New AppliancesMy Profile

Leah March 10, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Brittany-I am literally in the same exact place as you right now. I feel like my future is so unknown! I am the type of person that likes to be in control, and sometimes there is just so much we can’t control! Just think…a year from now we will look back and be amazed at how far we’ve come. Just know that I’m in the same boat girl!!!
Leah recently posted..Soul Sisters and Shoe ShoppingMy Profile

Mallory @ Have Your Cake March 11, 2012 at 9:50 pm

As a recent college grad, I totally relate to how you’re feeling! That was me about a year ago. Let me just tell you that the choices that feel are HUGE at the time aren’t really so daunting after all. Everything (well, most things) in life are temporary. If you make a choice and you hate it, chances are that you can somehow re-do it to make it better. I always say give things a year. If you are still miserable then try something new. But in the end you grow from it. I ended my relationship, moved to a new city on my own, started my first job, lived alone, etc all in a short amount of time. Did I feel lonely at times and not know what the hell I was doing? Of course! Those moments are far fewer now, and I’ve learned more about myself in the past 6 months than I had during my entire college experience. I’ll stop writing a blog post on your blog, but my main points are: 1) first and foremost- everything will work out. 2) being a new college grad is humbling. 3) you will realize you know nothing about life. 4) Sometimes the hardest choices are the right choices!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..Dating Recaps: CTG and First Date with MMy Profile

Brittany March 12, 2012 at 6:48 am

Thank you for the advice, Mallory! It’s true– every corner I turn DOES seem daunting and overwhelming, so it’s great to remind myself that things I do aren’t always going to be permanent.

And on completely unrelated terms– I can’t wait to hear about your newest date ;)
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn Cupcakes On The RoadMy Profile

Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions March 12, 2012 at 12:54 am

This is a beautiful post ~ I love your opening line. I think it’s a blessing that you’re recognizing how big of a moment this is for you, and all the choices open to you, while you’re in it. So many of us don’t realize that significance until we’re looking backwards at it!
Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..Friday ThingsMy Profile