Stepford Saturday

by Brittany on March 3, 2012

Hey guys! Happy Saturday :D

Today’s looking like it’s going to be a good one– I literally have nothing on the agenda other than to get in some form of exercise (preferably in the AM), finish a quick homework assignment, and spend some follow-up quality time with my long-lost boyfriend.

Speaking of long-lost boyfriends, last night Will got off of work a few hours earlier than expected, so he came over and we watched The Stepford Wives on Netflix. I had seen the movie when it first came out, but honestly couldn’t remember a single thing about it, so it was like I was watching for the first time. Ah, the joys of having a short-term movie memory..
the stepford wives

Source

Although the movie was cute & entertaining, the BEST part of my evening took place when Will first arrived and finished prepping/eating dinner. Keep in mind that I just introduced him to the Livestrong Myplate program yesterday afternoon, and for the first time in his life he’s actually been made aware of how much he should be eating for his body-type. Allow me to play out the scene:

Will walks in my room with a full belly and lays down.

Will: “Ah, it’s so nice to finally get a chance to relax.”

Pause. Silence. Will gets up in a frantic rush.

Will: “Oh man!! I forgot to log my calories!!!!”

what the heck popcorn

You and me both, Popcorn.

(although I will admit that a little bit of me smiled on the inside :D )

Breakfast:

Same favorite, different twist!

cereal bacon

• 1 cup Puffed millet
  • 3/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins
  • 1/2 cup puffed brown rice
  • Sliced banana
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Stevia

cereal

The balls of puffed millet are so teeny tiny and light that they give me all the reason in the world to load ‘em into my breakfasts. Literally, a cupful of these airy babies have 60 calories– Hence, why I end up with overflowing breakfast bowls 8)

Served with a pile of turkey bacon on the side.

bacon

Make it a great one!

A bit to think about: Ever seen The Stepford Wives?

natalie @ southern fit foodie March 3, 2012 at 8:35 am

I’ve never seen that movie, but I remember thinking that it looked cute when it first came out. I also have a short term movie memory – I always tell Daniel “I do NOT remember this, are you really sure I saw this before?”

I know you are glad to have a relaxing weekend ahead of you – enjoy!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Chobani Giveaway!!!!!My Profile

Madeline (Food, Fitness, and Family) March 3, 2012 at 8:41 am

Stepford WIves kind of freaks me out as a stay at home mom lol. And TOO FUNNY about Will! Chris did that when I introduced him to the “My Fitness Pal” one. He made me log my recipes every night so it would be accurate haha. He is still having issues understanding the size of a meat portion though ;)
Madeline (Food, Fitness, and Family) recently posted..Crisis AvertedMy Profile

Brittany March 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Haha! Aw that’s so cute that he made you log your recipes! Today Will was like “How are we going to log in our froyo!?!”
Brittany recently posted..Will Work For FroyoMy Profile

Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 3, 2012 at 9:06 am

I love extra crispy/’burnt’ bacon! Is that strange lol? Yours looks perfect and right up my alley! ;-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Road TripMy Profile

Emily Butler March 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

I watched it a long time ago with my mom, but it’s been awhile, we have Netflix so maybe I will take a break from gossip girls and watch it again! By the way, I decided to finally try a new twist on my morning oatmeal and use my powdered peanut butter (no banana I don’t like them unless its in a chocolate protein smoothie) and OMG!! So delicious!! glad I finally took the dive and tried something different, I just could eat it all day!

Leah March 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one to have a short term movie memory! I need to see movies about 3 times in order to be able to remember what happened…. :) I remember nothing about that movie either!

Brittany March 4, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Haha I’m so glad that I’M not the only one! Will laughs at me all the time
Brittany recently posted..Will Work For FroyoMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life March 3, 2012 at 10:11 am

Oooh, that bacon looks extra crispayyy. I saw the Stepford Wives when it first came out. I recall a short period of being obsessed with sundresses right after seeing it…
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Thoughts of the WeekMy Profile

Nikki March 3, 2012 at 10:19 am

Hehehehe look at you making a great impact on Will! :)
Nikki recently posted..Thursday ThanksgivingMy Profile

Brandi March 3, 2012 at 11:05 am

I have seen the Stepford Wives, but it was a long time ago. I can’t even remember how the movie plays out. :)
Yay!! He logged his calories! :)

I hope you have a great Saturday Brittany!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

hahaa it must have been so odd seeing Will be conscious of his eating/health! :P Love Popcorn’s face there…..I can almost see the stinky eye.

And I saw the movie a loooong time ago!! And I have SUCH a great memory with people and stuff, but when it comes to movies, movie lines, etc., I remember almost nothing! Probably just the main point and how the characters looked. Mayyyybe I remember the ending. lol.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..A Picture is Worth a Thousand WordsMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 3, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I’ve seen that movie. I wasn’t a huge fan, but I can’t even remember why now … it’s been too long haha!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.My Profile

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I saw it once….was so weirded out that I forgot everything. hAH. glad you all had fun though!

Have a good Saturday!
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Whole Wheat PancakesMy Profile

Kierston March 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I love Turkey Bacon and your breakfast bowl looks super nom! Stepford Wives…I totally need to watch that movie again! p.s. Popcorn is super cute :)
Kierston recently posted..Don’t Set Yourself Up: Ask 4 Directions…My Profile

Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt March 3, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I love that movie, well maybe I just really like all the actors in it! Faith Hill had a fun role!
Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt recently posted..Pancakes or EggsMy Profile

Brittany March 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Is it sad that I didn’t realize that was Faith Hill until you said that? haha :(
Brittany recently posted..Will Work For FroyoMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} March 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I have never seen that movie but have heard good things about it! Dont you just love having “nothing” on the agenda for a Saturday? It’s perfect! haha
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..my bucket list part 2My Profile

Linz @ Itz Linz March 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm

i haven’t seen it, but have heard good things!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Cheers To SaturdayMy Profile

Tara Burner March 3, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Stepford wives freaked me out!
toooo funny to Will and of course popcorn…cute as ever!
Tara Burner recently posted..Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri ReviewMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl March 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm

That is SO funny about Will. I think if that sentence ever came out of Chase’s mouth my heart would stop! haha!

I have only seen part of Stepford Wives. Chase refuses to watch it with me, so I have to wait until I get a chance to watch it without him. It sounds like such an interesting, albeit crazy, premise. However, I must admit, I love love love all the cute summer dresses they wear–does that make me a bad person.
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..AWP 2012: Part IMy Profile

Brittany March 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Not at all! Let’s move to Stepford just to borrow some outfits, but not the robot part.
Brittany recently posted..Will Work For FroyoMy Profile

Christina March 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Haha thats so funny that Will is becoming a calorie counter! But a good way for him to track what he’s eating!
I liked the Stepford Wives. It was a funny movie! I love Netflix! They have lots of old movies that were good ones!
Christina recently posted..SouthernersMy Profile

Lisa @ RunWiki March 4, 2012 at 7:12 am

Love your puffed millet idea. I love to add a little texture to my food and since does not have a strong flavor you could really add it to so many things. Bonus that it is so low calorie. :)
Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted..Save vs.Splurge- Spring Marathon OutfitsMy Profile

Stephanie @My Freckled Life March 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm

That is too funny about Will! My fiance wont track calories or anything, but every once and awhile he’ll bust out with a comment like “I had the whole wheat pasta for dinner tonight. The girl in front of me got regular pasta and I almost wanted to lean in and tell her how much better the whole wheat pasta is for you!” Oh boys…