Man Wardrobe

by Brittany on February 27, 2012

Mornin’ folks! Catching up from the weekend? Check out:

Sometime last week, Will and I fell into a pretty thought-provoking topic of conversation. As we were walking to our car from Ichiban Restaurant in the sketchy depths of downtown Orlando, we observed a few people with.. ahem.. interesting wardrobe choices. Lets just say that the women we saw walking the streets would have been wearing more clothing if Popcorn lent them his lion jacket or sweater suit.

This got me thinking as I posed a question for Will—if either of us were in a body of the opposite gender, what kind of outfits and fashion decisions would we make for ourselves?

Will insisted that he would be a “t-shirt and jeans” kind of girl, which I assume would be a very common answer for a majority of guys.

t shirt jeans
Source

I, on the other hand, said that my man-wardrobe would be made up entirely of slacks and/or nice jeans, button up shirts, and possibly a blazer or sports jacket.

michael buble
Source

Michael Buble wouldn’t hurt either.

Breakfast

No peach/nectarine confusion this morning! Thanks to last week’s informational Google comparison search and all of your deep insight regarding how to tell the difference between the two (peach= fuzzy, nectarine= not), I knew exactly what I was eating before I even began the preparation process.

nectarine yogurt bowl

Into the Christmas bowl went:

• 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins
  • 1 cup puffed kamut
  • Chopped nectarine
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla extract
  • Stevia
  • Coconut butter, heated up beforehand for a drippy texture

nectarine bowl

When the coconut butter is added on top of a cooler ingredient like fruit or smoothies, it’s texture hardens into whatever shape that it drizzled into. This makes it easy peasy to ensure that every spoonful has a bit of coconut lovin’ :)

This morning I originally had an early doctor’s appointment, but had to switch to a different office because of insurance issues. Looks like today will be full of studies instead! Wooooo.

A bit to think about: If you were the opposite gender, how would you dress?

Alexandra February 27, 2012 at 8:06 am

Your breakfast looks delicious! I love the combo of all those flavors!
I think if I was a dude I’d probably just wear t shirts and jeans or athletic clothes– I guess I wouldn’t be much of a fashionista haha ;)
Alexandra recently posted..this is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from meMy Profile

Kristin February 27, 2012 at 8:12 am

Haha I can totally picture the downtown Orlando style all too well…definitely some classy people down there ;) I have to agree with you though, I’d definitely wear cute button downs and blazers on a daily basis!

Speaking of sushi downtown, have you guys tried Bento? If not, I highly recommend it! Their noodle and sushi dishes are delicious, but the real star at the place is the jelly tea. It is so unbelievably good! And there’s even a froyo place right next door in case you save room for dessert :p
Kristin recently posted..Easy DIY Home DecorMy Profile

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement February 27, 2012 at 8:14 am

I agree that I love the dark jeans + blazer combo. I like it with an untucked shirt and casual shoes. I feel like with that sort of casual but classic look, you can go anywhere and feel properly dressed. Good Call. My husband would probably be a cardigan girl…he buys me all sorts of girly sweaters and dresses whenever he shops for me.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..Campus Running ContinuesMy Profile

Miz February 27, 2012 at 8:15 am

SO SO SO CREATIVE.
Id be cowboy boots, jeans and….french cuffed shirts or olda**thermals :)
depends where Im going :-)
Miz recently posted..3 steps to committing to your workout time.My Profile

Nikki February 27, 2012 at 8:57 am

I think I would be a sweats and gym shorts kind of guy haha. That’s practically what I wear now as a girl…
Nikki recently posted..Lazy Pants WeekendMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 27, 2012 at 9:37 am

If I were a guy Id probably keep it simple! Jeand and tshirts or button down shirts!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Mellow Weekend & Is It Summer Yet?My Profile

Corrie Anne February 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

I would definitely wear ties. I think ties are so sexy. Why don’t guys wear them more? Lol.
Corrie Anne recently posted..Zoup! + 7 Minutes of BurpeesMy Profile

Theresa February 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

what a funny conversation! i’d probably be a hipster guy…skinny jeans, grungy white vneck tee and converses..and ray bans. hahaha
Theresa recently posted..Windy runs and Fat SundaysMy Profile

Caroline February 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

It’s funny to think about – I think I would just dress in the types of clothes that I buy my boyfriend – button down shirts, polos, jeans – very J.Crew-esque :)
Caroline recently posted..Amazing Yogurt Marinated ChickenMy Profile

Cait's Plate February 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

It’s so weird but I actually LOVE thinking about outfits/clothes for guys!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Inspired StackMy Profile

Sarah February 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

I would love in comfy basketball shorts and sneakers! Basically what I live in now (workout clothes) but in boy form. Gotta stay comfy on campus all day! :)
Sarah recently posted..Coaching CarbsMy Profile

Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things February 27, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hahaha, it’s so funny that you guys were talking about this; Paul and I have this conversation all the time! He always says that if she was a chick he would wear lots of low cut tops and short shorts; I just tell that he can put that stuff on now and see just how comfortable it is :)
Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things recently posted..Group Fitness ClassesMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It February 27, 2012 at 11:47 am

I’d be a white hanes t-shirt + jeans guy (because that is the. sexiest. thing. ever. they can wear) or a tie with a button down for nicer occasions (equally sexy!)

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ha, I’d never thought about this. I have absolutely no idea. I’d probably play it comfy :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Jump Rope Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Haha I bet those outfits you saw were really interesting ;). I think if I was a man I would wear nicer fitting jeans and a waffle-tee type long-sleeve shirt. I love that look on guys!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Skin UpdateMy Profile

Sarah @ Every Day's a Picnic February 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm

That’s a really interesting question. I think that photo of Buble is nice, so I guess I’d go for something like that. I have to say that I think girls have a lot more fun with clothes than guys though.
Sarah @ Every Day’s a Picnic recently posted..That’s Better!My Profile

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) February 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Such a funny convo. I’d want to say, I’d dress like what you said, but I’d probably wear lots of jeans and t-shirts. so easy!!
Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted..Vegan Ceasar Salad DressingMy Profile

Presley February 27, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I would never wear a shirt. Ever. Especially if I looked like Ryan Reynolds.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I think for the first little while I would RELISH the fact that I could basically throw on the same thing every single day and no one would notice. Haha! But then I’d start playing with it, and mix it up a bit, throwing on some stylish threads…and then I would love working out shirtless. Way to cool off!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Academy Awards 2012 FashionMy Profile

natalie @ southern fit foodie February 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I’d probably roll with jeans (not skinny jeans), button ups or polos, or even just a cool tee. I think guys have it so easy when it comes to fashion!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..It’s Official!!!My Profile

Bonnie February 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Your breakfast looks amazing. I could go for that right now!

Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Bonnie recently posted..Will Work for Steak – Photo ShootMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Super soft tees and jeans. Boys always have comfier t-shirts. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Twist on a Tuna MeltMy Profile

Brandi February 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm

How funny! Hmm, I am not sure, but I would definitely wear something comfy. :)

Have a great day of studying!!

Julie February 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Hmm I dunno what I would wear. I’ve always though slacks and a nice button down looks good. But at the end of the day I’m jeans & tee girl or a work out gear girl and I think I’d be the same as a guy.
Julie recently posted..3 Steps to an Active Lifestyle : A Guest Post from MeghanMMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life February 27, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I would be ALL about flannel shirts and half-zip up sweaters. Maybe that’s just because I love when boys wear them!

Oh, and Polo Blue cologne. Drool…
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Cruise Recap (Part 2)My Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} February 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Mmm your bfast looks delicious..as always :)

I have a major weakness for guys who shop at J Crew (although, most girls probably feel the same way haha)..something about that sophisticated but preppy look gets me every time. Sigh. lol
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..workout wednesday #6My Profile