Evolution of Popcorn

by Brittany on February 16, 2012

Good morning :D

I’m so glad to see that you guys were as crazy about the black bean spaghetti as I was! In an effort to fulfill your requests of finding the store where this goldmine is sold, I was forced to stalk my friend Stephanie through text all yesterday evening. She finally clued me in that she bought it at a store called “Nutrition Smart” in Palm Beach, Florida, but since that didn’t really mean anything to me up here in Orlando, I found the stuff here via a quick Amazon search.

And by the looks of it, there seems to be a soybean variety listed too! Where have I been!?

oats in a jar

Ah, yes. This is where I’ve been.

For breakfast this morning, nothing could possibly stand between me and my empty jar of Sunbutter. Into a stovetop pot went:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (using chia seed method)
  • Sliced banana
  • Frozen mixed berries
  • 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
  • Cinnamon
  • Stevia
  • Topped with: Artisana Cocoa Bliss Coconut Butter

cocoa bliss oats

Because there’s no such thing as having too much nut butter.

(..Okay maybe there is. But it sounded hardcore 8) )

The Life Stages of Popcorn

It was brought to my attention in the comment section of a recent post that Popcorn has grown substantially since that fine day in September when I first brought him home. I guess I was in denial about his quick growth spurts, but when I sat down and started comparing pictures over the months, it was pretty hard to avoid.

September 2011:

IMG_8239-001

January 2012:

IMG_8917

IMG_0268

Today:

IMG_3136

He’s outgrown most of the clothes that we bought for him as a puppy, and I’ve been looking around for a new crate because he cant even stand up in his carrier anymore.

Not only is he much bigger in size, but Popcorn has made strides in the potty training, crate training, and behavior departments. Potty training is nearly complete except for a few accidents here and there, but he sleeps the entire night in a closed crate, and goes to the bathroom as soon as I’m up in the morning to take him out. Looking back at old posts of me struggling to get him to sleep the entire night and ring his bell whenever he needed to go out (which didn’t last..HAH) make me feel like I’m living with a totally different dog.

Oh, the woes of growing fur babies!

A bit to think about: Ever had a pet that seemed to grow up right before your eyes?

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 16, 2012 at 6:49 am

awww!! Growing up so fast :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Icky Sticky Baked Date Pudding!My Profile

Karlee @ BringingBackBalance February 16, 2012 at 7:30 am

Aww your little (fur) baby is growing up! And there is NO such thing as too much nut butter… At least not in my world :P
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..For the Love of Squash!!My Profile

natalie @ southern fit foodie February 16, 2012 at 7:43 am

Awww he is growing up! So cute. Yes, both my dogs grew up so quickly! I loved they were crate trained and house broken, but man I miss those snuggly little babies and their puppy breath!

Alexandra February 16, 2012 at 7:51 am

I can’t believe how fast that little man has grown. That picture from September is just so darn adorable!! :)
Alexandra recently posted..Questions…My Profile

Jordan Lynn (Ciao Cow) February 16, 2012 at 7:54 am

Popcorn is just too cute!
Jordan Lynn (Ciao Cow) recently posted..Shower Me With SugarMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 16, 2012 at 8:06 am

It seems like he has been part of your family for longer than that- so much joy and so many memories that little guy has brought to you! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Itty Bitty BlessingsMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl February 16, 2012 at 8:22 am

Popcorn is a full blown teenager! My goodness! I always feel like it is so bittersweet! I always look back at pictures of my little puppy and miss those tiny puppy days. However, I do NOT miss the potty training. :)
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..27th Birthday RecapMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 16, 2012 at 8:23 am

Aw, Popcorn is growing up fast. I adopted my dog, so I never got to see him as a puppy although in my mind he hasn’t aged at all in the three years I’ve had him! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..At-Home WorkoutsMy Profile

Sarah February 16, 2012 at 8:45 am

aww your puppy is precious :) I really want to try the black bean spaghetti so I’m checking out amazon right now!
Sarah recently posted..WIWL2EWMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 16, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’ll never get tired of hearing about your pup. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Chile Egg CasseroleMy Profile

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 16, 2012 at 9:11 am

ok, maybe even if there is, i just want to say that i agree with you – there is no such thing as too much nut butter. ;) and how do you make your OIAJ always looks SO perfect and amazing?! mine always look ugly and my oats never fill the top of the jar. ha!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Vitalicious!My Profile

Brittany February 17, 2012 at 8:27 am

I’m telling you, it’s alll about the chia seed method!
Brittany recently posted..Slowing Down A Fast-Paced MindMy Profile

Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things February 16, 2012 at 9:38 am

What a cutie! Pets are so much like kids…you just want to keep them puppies forever :)

Thanks for doing some investigating for us; I’m definitely going to have to get some of that black bean spaghetti!
Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things recently posted..YouTube TuesdayMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 16, 2012 at 9:39 am

Oh yes! Kona is still a puppy at heart at almost 6 years old but she grew up very quickly. So proud! :) haha
popcorn was such a tiny little pup. I love the picture of him drinking out of the cup
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Day In The LifeMy Profile

Kat February 16, 2012 at 10:09 am

Seriously popcorn is way too cute. I totally know what you mean though! It feels like yesterday that Opie was in ym arms being bottle fed! My little baby now only jumps in my arms when she wants my food! lol
Kat recently posted..Love Day BabyMy Profile

Rebecca February 16, 2012 at 11:08 am

Aw, he has grown! But at least he’ll stay relatively tiny forever! :)
We had a puppy for a while when I was in junior high, and the first day we got him he was TINY! He grew up quite a bit in the year or so that we had him. And then we gave him to my cousins and he kept growing a bit there, too. And he always seemed to develop more spots every time we saw him! It was strange. Like, “Is he part Dalmation???” Haha.
Rebecca recently posted..Happy Valentine’s Day!My Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks February 16, 2012 at 11:14 am

I can totally relate to this. My dog, Spanky, seemed to literally grow within one month. He went from 9 lbs as a puppy to 28 lbs as a grown four year old dog! Insane!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..A Week OffMy Profile

Theresa February 16, 2012 at 11:41 am

sighhhhh tell me about it…nacho was a whopping two pounds when i first brought him home and he fit in the palm of my hand..now 8 years later he’s 9 pounds of ferocious..hahaha. its sooo insane how quickly the time goes by!
Theresa recently posted..Valentines day recap and New Hope Pt 2My Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm February 16, 2012 at 12:43 pm

What a fun post! He is growing up so fast! In size and maturity!! Aww so proud of him!

I love looking back at pictures when dogs were just pups. I could carry Sydney in the palm of my hand when I first got her, and now I have to use both!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Power YogaMy Profile

Julie February 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm

ah! i was looking at pictures of the first time i spotted my fur baby!!!! he’s grown up so much!!! i miss his wittle baby face!

Brittney February 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

In response to your question, YES! My little Piper is not so little anymore! I am going to email you a picture of her then and now since I don’t have a new bloggie yet to cover in her pics. (I’m a proud mama, what can I say?) lol

Brittany February 17, 2012 at 8:29 am

YES! Please do
Brittany recently posted..Slowing Down A Fast-Paced MindMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Aw those photos of Popcorn are killing me, he’s so cute – it’s the ears! They’re so adorably big compared to his body!

Jentry Nielsen February 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Nothing I love more than OIAJ!! :) My boyfriend tried throwing out the last little bit of our almond butter the other day…oh goodness I was not having that! ha
Popcorn is so cute, and is growing up so fast! ha

Jen@Tip Top Shape February 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I know exactly what you mean about dog training! Except in the case of my Cockapoo, Lily, we taught her how to ring the bell successfully but…now she just rings it whenever she wants to get out of the house not just to use the bathroom.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Yup… sigh… my little kitties got bigger, but they’re still adorable (at least to me).
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..The Workouts I’m Not DoingMy Profile

Heather February 16, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I have my own chihuahua and they just grow up so fast! Enjoy each and every moment with him!

Also, have you seen this? :)

Brittany February 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Thanks for the linkup Heather! Yeah I just saw it a little while ago! So cool :)
Brittany recently posted..Evolution of PopcornMy Profile

Carrie Purchase February 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I have a boxer puppy Neeka and she is growing up way too fast. You can check out pictures of her on my blog. We got her a Christmas and she is already over 20 lbs. She is the cutest puppy ever (dont tell my other dog) and I seriously fall in love with her every day!

Sarah @ Every Day's a Picnic February 16, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Popcorn’s nearly all grown up :-)
My in-laws have a puppy and every time I visit he seems a whole lot bigger
Sarah @ Every Day’s a Picnic recently posted..WIAW–Sunday, Long Run DayMy Profile

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm

How sweet is popcorn! I love his ears :)

Pure2raw twins February 16, 2012 at 6:45 pm

POPCORN IS TOOOOOO CUTE!!!
Pure2raw twins recently posted..doing headstand poseMy Profile

Pure2raw twins February 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm

hope it is okay, but going to pin Popcorn ;)
Pure2raw twins recently posted..doing headstand poseMy Profile

Brittany February 16, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Of course it’s okay! He lovesss the attention :D
Brittany recently posted..Hunger Games CookbookMy Profile

Christina February 16, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Aww shame Popcorn was adorable when you first got him! And he has grown into such a handsome man!
Yes, both of my dogs seemed to grow up so quick! One minute they were cute and cuddly but now they are one fat little beagle and one grouchy red heeler!
Christina recently posted..To Butter or not to Butter?My Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} February 16, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Popcorn is growing up so fast! lol I think all dogs seem to grow so fast – one minute they are puppies, the next, they are full grown. craziness.
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..i am still here..I promise.My Profile