Scoping The Horoscopes

by Brittany on January 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

Today is ESPECIALLY exciting for me because it’s my last official “week day” before my birthday on Monday! Or as Courtney would say, it’s Day 5 of birthday week ;)

Dinner last night had to be quick & painless, as I literally had 15 minutes to prep & eat my meal before heading out the door. Lately I’ve had a lot of evening plans involving student & college responsibilities, and I’ve acquired a mighty fine collection of canned soups for those special occasions.

Last night Muir Glen’s organic garden veggie soup was the star of the show.

muir glen garden vegetable

I didn’t realize that the soup had noodles (booo wheat), but luckily they were pretty big and easy to spot, so I simply picked them all out before heating it up. No biggie 8)

A few chickpeas were tossed into the soup for some added protein, and the bowl was served with a side of green bean fries + ketchup, plus a slice of Ener-G white rice toast for dipping purposes.

soup, toast, green beans

And I’ve gotta say—the garden veggie soup was a hit! Canned soups are one of those things that are either a major hit or miss in my book, but this one tasted just as fresh as something I could’ve prepped from scratch in my own kitchen! Plus I was digging the potato addition :D

garden veggie soup

Canned success!

Horoscope Reading:

Who knows why, but when I woke up this morning—I had horoscopes on my mind!

Fullscreen capture 1272012 81003 AM

Between the ages of 18 and 20, I made it a point to check my horoscope on a daily basis, then find little teeny aspects of my day that would match up with the vague description and end up saying things like “HOW did the stars know!?” It was definitely a fun little thing to get into at the time, but after a few inconsistent months-worth of readings, I kind of just fell out of the habit.

When checking my email this morning, I couldn’t help but to click over to the little horoscope section just to see what the stars were sayin’–

Fullscreen capture 1272012 81707 AM

Umm, noted?

Breakfast:

In case you were curious, this is the kind of romantic breakfast you get when you try to milk the natural lighting of a rising sun.

cereal bacon dim

1/2 cup Whole O’s, 1 cup puffed brown rice, sliced banana, frozen blueberries, coconut shreddings, Stevia & almond milk.

cereal

Plus some bacon de turkey.

bacon

When I asked Will what time he would be coming over this morning and if he wanted to possibly go to a yoga class with me today, he mysteriously informed me that he couldn’t see me until later because he has some “major shopping to do.”

Hmmmm, maybe that’s what my horoscope meant about patience?… 8)

A bit to think about: Have you ever been a horoscope reader?

Faith @ For the Health of It January 27, 2012 at 9:03 am

I think horoscopes are a bunch of bunk, but I had to laugh recently…the night before I left for NYC, I had a major panic that I hadn’t set aside enough money for the trip and that my budget for my bills was going to be all messed up. I called the coach to ask him to check over my math and he pulled together a down-to-the-penny budget for me to show me that everything was going to be more than fine…and the next morning on the drive to the airport, the morning show I listen to ran a horoscope segment that told Leos to “stick to a detailed budget”. I almost peed my pants when I heard that!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Comment on 15 Years of Nuggets by Brittany @ Itty Bits of BalanceMy Profile

Kat January 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

Nope not a horoscope reader. I used to when I was younger, but they were always SO off. I mean REALLY off. Like the way they descripe and auquarias is nothing like me, but then again I am not your typical girl, so it really isnt the horoscopes fault ;)
Kat recently posted..Gymboss TabataMy Profile

Molly January 27, 2012 at 9:29 am

I’ve read horoscopes before but I take them with a grain of salt. haha i don’t believe them.
Molly recently posted..Estuvo lloviendo gatos y perros afuera ayer.My Profile

Rebecca January 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

I used to read my horoscope just to see what it said. Sometimes it would be slightly accurate, and other times it would be ridiculous, hah.
Rebecca recently posted..Three hours!My Profile

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 10:24 am

haha aint that the truth!
Brittany recently posted..Scoping The HoroscopesMy Profile

Michelle @ Blogitness January 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

I never read my horoscope. I used to as a teenager…most of the time it was just off of the wall!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Health and Fitness FridaysMy Profile

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 27, 2012 at 9:40 am

I’m not a big horoscope person, but I am a big fan of MG soups. They’re usually pretty darn tasty.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Tiffos RancherosMy Profile

Cait's Plate January 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

I’ve definitely gotten into reading horoscopes. Sometimes they can be scarily accurate!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Dinners LatelyMy Profile

Jessie January 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

I used to read horoscopes.. but not so much anymore.

And WOO! Your b-day is Monday, too? Mine too!

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Yey! Happy birthday to you!
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn The Photo BombMy Profile

Pure2raw twins January 27, 2012 at 10:33 am

I used to read my horoscope all the time. I admit I was a little obsessed, back in high school and college, but ever since I got out of school. I never read them any more. not sure why, just don’t.
hugs
Lori
Pure2raw twins recently posted..easy mini cake recipeMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 27, 2012 at 10:47 am

Is it embarrassing that I read mine every morning?? haha I like to see what it says :)

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Haha not at all!
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn The Photo BombMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’ve read my horoscope in the past (who hasn’t!) but I don’t do so regularly! I’m an Aquarius too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..10 Things Trainers Wish You KnewMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 27, 2012 at 10:54 am

I used to like to reasd horoscopes too and find little things that matched up for fun!
I dont really read them much now but I like to read the monthly outlook ones in magazines like Cosmo and stuff, still sorta fun! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Rrrrrandoms – Breakin’ Plates And Takin NamesMy Profile

Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things January 27, 2012 at 11:21 am

I used to be a horoscope reader until I realized that my days all had three stars or more…every day. I’m not opposed to always having good days, but there is something suspicious about never having bad ones…

You will have to share what Will gets you for a birthday gift! I LOVE surprises :)
Michelle @ Our Dream, Made Out of Real Things recently posted..Husband of the Year AwardMy Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm January 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

Hahah .. maybe that is what it means by patience!

Whenever I come across my horoscope I read it, but rarely do I seek out reading it. It’s funny when it’s right about my personality. But at the same time it’s usually WAY off about what’s going on in my life and my future!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..WIAW & Tone It Up UpdateMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life January 27, 2012 at 11:27 am

Haha I am such a horoscope addict, and that’s only because I have always been the exact epitome of my star sign – Cancer – and everyone close to me and around me is the exact epitome of theirs. I keep waiting to find someone who isn’t but I have yet to!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Meal Planning 101My Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 27, 2012 at 11:55 am

I used to be obsessed with reading my horoscopes in my teen magazines haha…and usually they dealt with relationships. Your horoscope today sounds intense! But I think it could be valuable advice for anyone.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Giveaway Winner and A Delicious MealMy Profile

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I don’t really ever read horoscopes…..but yours def sounds intense. Good luck, hah ;)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..11 Things SurveyMy Profile

Theresa January 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm

i read mine from time to time..but some of them are just so silly that i cant ever take them seriously lol!

p.s. i love amys organic soups!
Theresa recently posted..Greek date night and KombuchaMy Profile

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Yes! Amy has some great ones! Any favorite flavors?
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn The Photo BombMy Profile

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I never take stock in them, but it’s really freaky how close they are to what you might have going on in your life! That one is mine by the way!! ;)

Oooooh, he has “shopping” to do…:)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola January 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I’m a big soup eater but my favorites are actually boxed soups that you find at Whole Foods! There are so many good ones! And I used to be into horoscopes too- I’ve never read them seriously but it’s sometimes fun to see if they really do relate to your life! Happy (ALMOST) birthday!!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..The Return of Fave 5 FridayMy Profile

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm

haha Will is funny with his response~ xD

And this is super random but I’m a random person!! does that toast have a huge crater in it?! (coming from the girl who always observes and analyzes her food) haha
And I never read horoscopes. Of course, I used to dabble in lil things like that when I was little b/c they were just there! But to be honest, and I really don’t mean this to be offensive or legalistic at all, so I hope you don’t take it that way! I think that for some people this can become a potentially “risky” area to play with. I know that most magazine horoscopes and all that is just for fun/play, but I think that many times, it easily becomes a doorway for other stuff. However, if one isn’t inclined to be affected by it (just like a simple fortune cookie doesn’t), then it’s alright? I just simply believe that God wants us to even ask Him for the little things about our day, rather than reading horoscopes. I say this b/c Greg came from an extremely crazy background related to that and I love to share about it with people, but usually do so when it’s requested. All this to say that I’m just lookin’ out for my brothas and sistas in Christ. Does any of this make sense?! :P Love ya, Brit.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Taking it EasyMy Profile

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Don’t worry, Ellie! No offense taken at all! I’ve actually heard a lot of people claim that too, but I kinda just read them out of the fun of the whole shebang.

I’d love to hear more about Greg’s story!
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn The Photo BombMy Profile

chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I’ve never been a horoscope reader but I’ve found a lot of the time when I randomly read my horoscope its weirdly accurate!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..I love my friendsMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} January 27, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I dont really check the horoscope often but I used to when I was younger because it would get me excited when they said good things about my upcoming day! haha
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..10 things I wish I could tell myself @ age 16My Profile

Cinnamon @eatpraytri January 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Pics are looking awesome!!! How’s the new computer?
Cinnamon @eatpraytri recently posted..Friday Favorites 1/27My Profile

Brittany January 27, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Cinnamon! It’s great :D Running mucchhhh smoother than my old one
Brittany recently posted..Popcorn The Photo BombMy Profile

natalie @ southern fit foodie January 27, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I’ve never been into horoscopes at all. In high school I used to read them whenever I bought those teen fashion magazines.

Happy birthday weekend!!!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Memory LossMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 27, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I only read horoscopes to laugh at them haha … they’re so vague and could be twisted to fit pretty much anyone! :P I find fortune cookies to be much more reliable!! (JK!)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..New Kicks and Whatcha Reading WeekendMy Profile

KymberlyFunFit January 27, 2012 at 7:10 pm

My horoscope said to ignore all horoscopes! Ahhha haaa Have an amazing birthday! Line up the stars and get their autographs!
KymberlyFunFit recently posted..7 Reasons to Hire Us to Blog & Vlog for YouMy Profile

Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions February 4, 2012 at 1:33 am

Ahh mysterious shopping!!! How exciting! I think that you and Will are about one of the cutest couples ~ I wish I could meet you guys in real life. ;)
Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..January By The Numbers Recap & Rollover (+ A Non-Apology)My Profile

Brittany February 4, 2012 at 6:42 am

That is so sweet of you to say, Katie :)
Brittany recently posted..11 Things Long OverdueMy Profile