Match Me

by Brittany on January 22, 2012

Thank you guys for all of the awesome birthday ideas that you’ve been leaving in the comment section all morning. Not only do you guys have a lot of great recommendations for my upcoming celebration, but I’m really enjoying hearing all about your favorite birthday experiences!

Mine would probably be my 16th birthday when a group of friends and I went on a day-long scavenger hunt that my mom had set up around downtown Miami. We had to take pictures as proof that we completed each task, so not only do I have memories of the crazy shenanigans we all got in to, but I have incriminating photography of it as well.

Almost as incriminating as the shots from my 21st birthday in this morning’s post, but that’s a whole different beast 8)

Morning Run

All of this talk about running got me in the mood to hit the pavement this morning. Alana actually told me about a super secret trail (which really is in plain sight..) right by my apartment that I had no idea about! I strapped on my neon shoes, put on my neon running turtleneck, and hit the road.

turtleneck running

What can I say, I like neon? :D

About 1.5 miles down the trail I decided to turn around and head back home, making it a solid 3 mile run. It was really refreshing to be on a trail alongside other runners, bikers, and walking families, as opposed to a random assembly of traffic and buildings.

As soon as I was back inside, my tummy got to work.

yogurt bowl

A quick snack of a chopped Gala apple, Greek yogurt, stevia, and cinnamon was thrown together and photographed on my living room carpet.

yogurt apple bowl

Yeah, I went there.

After digesting and showering, it wasn’t long before my twin arrived–

matching

I swear, we did not plan to match on purpose, nor have we have ever done so before. Will insisted that I was the copycat though, considering the fact that I had a closet to pick another outfit out from and he didn’t.

Not that I changed ;)

We headed to Panera for some study time, took forever trying to connect to the internet, I gulped down a big mug of green tea, and then it was lunch time! Because in the upcoming weeks we have a lot of big occasions coming up (my birthday, our anniversary, Valentine’s day), we’re trying to save our “going out” money for those special dates. Panera was not on the menu, but a big kale feast was!

garlic kale potatoes

A bunch of garlicky kale was sautéed on the stovetop and a sliced garlic-spinach chicken sausage was thrown on top. As a side, I roasted my favorite honey gold potatoes and loaded myself up with some ketchup for dipping purposes.

All of the food was served on my favorite zebra plate :D

garlic kale and sausage

Itttt’s laundry time! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

A bit to think about: Have you ever planned to match with a significant other/friend/family member?

Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I have never planned on matching anyone (that I remember) but my coworker and I have the same dress and try to let each other know before wearing it so we don’t match :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Date & Pecan Scones with Maple GlazeMy Profile

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

That’s so funny. When I’m in a relationship I often match that person completely by accident. There must be some chemistry behind color choices..
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Some Things That Are Going To Make Me Crash My CarMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’d believe it!
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Lindsay Loves Veggies January 22, 2012 at 4:57 pm

For my friend’s Christmas party this year, Keenan and I bought matching sweatshirts from Wal-Mart that say “Christmas in the Northwest” and has Santa driving his sleigh through the rain. It was special. I also just realized today that there is a picture posted of us on Facebook in our matching sweatshirts. Even more special! It takes a special kind of man to wear goofy matching sweatshirts with his girlfriend, though, so I feel super blessed. :)
Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Hiking at Ollalie State ParkMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Haha! That you are!! Clearly I need to sneak attack Will with my matching attire for it to work ;)
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Jen @ The Well Wire January 22, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Ooh …. sliced garlic-spinach chicken sausage?! Where’d ya get that? Looks like a good salad!

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Target! It’s the Archer Farms target brand :D
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Jen @ The Well Wire January 23, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Of course it’s Target. Thanks!
Jen @ The Well Wire recently posted..Today’s TalkersMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 22, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Brandon and I never mean to match, but it happens quite often … and then we both refuse to change! ;)

Your kale looks yummy! Do you have an actual recipe for that somewhere? To just throw a bunch in a skillet with olive oil and garlic? How long do you cook it for?
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin: The Other (Delicious) White MeatMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Basically just put olive oil or nonstick spray in skillet with about a tablespoon of garlic (or more, depending on how much you like garlic), and throw in about 2-3 cups of kale. It shrinks down, so I usually do a lot.

Mix together and cover. The end! It’s easy peasy :)
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Stuff like that always happens to me when it comes to matching people! I never mind though. It looks cute anyway :D

natalie @ southern fit foodie January 22, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Scavenger hunts like that are so much fun – we have done them for a church party before.

When I was really young, my best friend and I would match our outfits all the time. We were convinced that SOMEONE would believe that we were twins (even though we looked nothing alike and she was about a foot taller than me lol).

I can’t wait to hear your birthday plans!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..20 Question SurveyMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 22, 2012 at 7:52 pm

The matching outfits are cute — planned or not!

Oh, & I love the zebra plate!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Getting Back on TrackMy Profile

Pure2raw twins January 22, 2012 at 8:10 pm

too cute, love the matching outfits!! Gary and I have done that before too on accident too. it does happen. Michelle and I do it too sometimes ;)
Pure2raw twins recently posted..7 random facts about usMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I have to ask– because you are twins, did your parents make you match when you were younger? haha :)
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Pure2raw twins January 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

haha not really, when we were real young we did get dressed the same, but as soon as we could pick what to wear, nope! liked being different.
Pure2raw twins recently posted..baked cheezy quinoa casseroleMy Profile

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats January 22, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I’ve never actually planned to match with a significant other, but I once dated a guy who was so like me that we would frequently come out in matching clothes. It happened so much that it became embarrassing! :-)
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Beauty as a Requirement for…Flight Attendants?My Profile

Kyle @ TriathleteTalk January 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Neon turtle neck, classic! I missed reading your blog the last few days with no internet :(
Kyle @ TriathleteTalk recently posted..Fresh As I ReturnMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Welcome back, Kyle!
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Emma January 22, 2012 at 9:43 pm

My bf and I pretty much always match with our jeans and black North Face jackets on an almost daily basis. My mom and I always lean toward purple and end up looking the same when we go out to dinner! Ya’ll look cute =)

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 22, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Kale feast looks yummy! Neon is good! I somehow ended up getting lime green for my winter running gear. :) It wasn’t planned at all!
I have never matched with anyone….planned anyway. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Impromptu Family trip!My Profile

Corrie Anne January 22, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I love to match. I can’t help it. My husband and I wore our matching race t-shirts today!!!
Corrie Anne recently posted..Race Recap: Frosty’s Frozen 5 & 10My Profile

Rebecca January 23, 2012 at 12:01 am

Very cute matching shirts! :)
I don’t think I’ve ever planned on matching, but I know that on “Twin Day” in junior high, two of my best friends dressed alike. I think I’ve unintentionally matched with people, but never intentionally.
Rebecca recently posted..Frustration after FunMy Profile

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 23, 2012 at 12:23 am

awwww so cute that you guys accidentally matched!! I hope I have that accidental day with Greg someday, lol. I’m hoping also that we’ll both get some crazy cheesy lookin’ shirts soon and wear them around town, hah! My friend and her husband wore shirts that had a big white tiger on it, but it was intentionally ugly. :P
ps: you guys are one of my fave couples! so sweet and joyful always…
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Fitness with No ExcusesMy Profile

Brittany January 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Aw! That is so sweet for you to say :D Same goes for you and Greg– you two are going to be one beautiful husband and wife!
Brittany recently posted..The Season of Girl Scout CookiesMy Profile

Linz @ ItzLinz January 23, 2012 at 7:44 am

would you think i was a dork if i did? haha. there have been several occassions where i plan colors.. if i am wearing a dress with red in it, i’ll have my hubby wear a red tie… not over the top matching, just a couple similar colors. :)
Linz @ ItzLinz recently posted..Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile

Sarah @ feeedingBrain and body January 23, 2012 at 8:06 am

One year for Halloween me and my friend dressed as ‘twins’ by wearing matching clothes but other than that I can’t think of any other matching days :) the pic of you guys in your matching outfit is so cute :)

P.S I love your neon running gear :)
Sarah @ feeedingBrain and body recently posted..What do you do? POUR vs MIXMy Profile

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) January 23, 2012 at 8:50 am

I did a scavenge hunt like that at my friends birthday! It was soooo much fun!

I used to plan to match with my mom. Still do sometimes! :)

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} January 23, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Awe you guys are totally cute..seriously haha
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..food award: snacks galore!My Profile