Mac Attack

by Brittany on January 13, 2012

Good morning & happy Friday!

First let me start off by saying that I loved reading through your comments and recommendations about what I should do with my unfortunate computer situation. Actually, I would say that the comment section turned more into a PC/Mac voice-off, but there’s nothin’ wrong with that 8)

mac vs pc

Source

Although I’ve always been a PC girl by default, I wont lie—I’m pretty intrigued with all of this pro- Mac talk going on! I’d love to find out what the hype is all about and take one for a test drive. Unfortunately, the decision is more up to my wallet than it is to me, so we shall see :D

Dinner last night was rated easy-peasy on the complexity scale. Sometimes a girl just needs to stick with some simple canned soup, am I right?

canned soup and green beans

I had to make an early evening coffee date with a friend, so with 20 minutes to prep dinner and no creative inspiration, I stuck with a roasted vegetable & chicken Select Harvest soup that I had on hand. Actually, it was more of a plain roasted vegetable soup because (in traditional Brittany-fashion), I picked out all of the funky little chicken cubes & replaced them with kidney beans.

Can’t forget the roasted green beans + ketchup on the side!

green beans ketchup

Breakfast:

I woke up with a craving for something new, so after a quick scroll through my breakfast recipe page I decided to roll with my Vegan Wheat-free French Toast. Except in this version, I added a tablespoon of hemp protein powder into the milky mix before soaking the white rice bread slices.

strawberries french toast

Plus some sliced strawberries on top for aesthetic value 8)

sliced strawberries

I also whipped up a serving of my beloved “banana sauce” topping, which is basically just a mashed banana + a dash of water + Stevia, heated in the microwave. Some Sunbutter was also drizzled on for good luck.

banana strawberry french toast

I promise, it tasted much better than it looked ;)

And just to give you an idea of the temperamental beast that I’m up against, this is what I’ve been fighting all morning…

bipolar computer

Oh come on, you know you have The Sims on your laptop too 8)

A bit to think about: What’s the most obscure/interesting/amazing/mentionable program that you have on your computer?

Alexandra January 13, 2012 at 8:24 am

Yikes about the computer screen on the fritz! If only computers could be fixed with mashed banana sauce haha
I think the most amazing program I have on my computer is either sea world tycoon or roller coaster tycoon! :D
Alexandra recently posted..Puppy Love and Old MenMy Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body January 13, 2012 at 8:38 am

Oh Boy, computer problems can be so annoying. Good luck with that! I agree, sometime a girl does just need to stick with canned soup :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Cookies for Breakfast??My Profile

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense January 13, 2012 at 9:03 am

I have a love and hate relationship with computers… I do have to say that since I bought a Mac I’ve had less problems. No virus issues which is nice.
Love the french toast!
Have a great weekend =)
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Lemon Chia Seed Cake (Gluten-free + Vegan)My Profile

Kat January 13, 2012 at 9:33 am

sorry to hear about your computer!! Honestly, mine usually craps out after 3 years or so and I have NO idea why. The screen will go black and never come on or it will start fritzing out like yours. Ive had my hardrive wiped and all that, it will work for a few days, then die again. So annoying!
Kat recently posted..Remember Your BlessingsMy Profile

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) January 13, 2012 at 9:38 am

Sorry about your computer! If you can, definitely get a Mac! They’re really protected against viruses and stuff. I also think they’re easier to use, but that’s probably because I’ve only ever had a Mac! ;)
And your french toast actually looks amazing! :)
Alexandra (Veggin’ Out in the Kitchen) recently posted..Past + Future = PresentMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 13, 2012 at 9:38 am

Oh man, it’s dying Brittany!!! Im sorry!
I just recently discovered and downloaded Windows Live Writer and I dont know how I blogged without it! I love it. Other than that, I am semi boring on my computer, but I used to love the Sims!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Random Friday & A Shameful PictureMy Profile

Rebecca January 13, 2012 at 9:53 am

Wow, that is one goofy computer!
I used to love the Sims and Roller Coaster Tycoon. I don’t really have any random/mentionable programs on my laptop, though.
Rebecca recently posted..I need to stop procrastinating.My Profile

Chelcie @ Chelcies food filss January 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

Gahh I’m sorry about your computer!!..I love the idea of your banana sauce even if it doesn’t look that pretty:)
Chelcie @ Chelcies food filss recently posted..Burning down the HouseMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 13, 2012 at 9:59 am

There is almost nothing worse than a bum computer :( ….I use a PC at work and a Mac at home- both have their up’s and downs for sure but I was sold on the no virus thing for Mac (since that is what caused my personal PC to go to the trash :( )
HAPPY FRIDAY!

natalie @ southern fit foodie January 13, 2012 at 10:01 am

My computer is getting close to biting the dust as well – I’m the worst about overcharging my battery! I must do better! I’m interested to see what you get – maybe you can help me decide when I have to replace my Toshiba.

I love my workout timer (lame, I know) download on my computer. It’s just a basic interval timer, but I love it because I couldn’t do my bodyrock workouts without it!
natalie @ southern fit foodie recently posted..Vacation Recap: Christmas in CancunMy Profile

Theresa January 13, 2012 at 10:03 am

i have a mac laptop and i’ve been a mac user for a while…i love it! they are really expensive..but in my opinion, worth the splurge because they last forever. my old ibook lasted me around 6 years and was still working when i switched over to my current macbook pro…the only reason i switched was because i wanted a newer system, hahaha. thats my two cents :)

i dont have anything really fun on my laptop..i’d guess the most random program is MarsEdit (since you cant use windows livewriter on a mac..so i use that program to blog)

i LOVE the sims though, i should really get back into that..hahaha. have a great friday!
Theresa recently posted..Leftovers and the brilliance of smaller platesMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 13, 2012 at 10:19 am

hmmm that banana sauce sounds great :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Flash from the Past WIAWMy Profile

Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 13, 2012 at 10:22 am

Every single laptop I’ve owned has done that. I have to connect my personal laptop to my tv to use it because my screen is so shot. hope you have better luck with yours!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Must. Get. Sleep.My Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks January 13, 2012 at 10:42 am

I need to check out that breakfast on a weekend where I have a little more time to cook… literally every morning before work I have a bowl of greek yogurt because it takes me three minutes to prepare! Weekends are saved for smoothies and eggs :)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Q&AMy Profile

Mallory @ Have your cake January 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

i have a mac but i’m not one of those people who are overly obsessed/won’t use anything else. honestly, i’d probably have a PC (because it’s cheaper) if my dad hadn’t won me a macbook by entering into a programming contest a few years back! not only did he win me a macbook pro, but the BIG 17 incher. would NOT recommend that– incredibly clunky!!! it’s way too big for me! still VERY appreciative (obviously)but if i were to choose i’d get a 15 or 13!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..Snowy Thursday + Coconut BarsMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

Go Mac, go! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Roasted Vegetables with Farro and KaleMy Profile

Hannah @ eat, drink and save money January 13, 2012 at 11:46 am

I have no cool programs on my computer, but I do like Select Harvest soup! It goes on sale a lot and I feel like it isn’t too unhealthy.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life January 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Yikes! That does look on its way out! I have to say it: once you go Mac, you never go back haha! Apple does offer I think 3 or 6 month no-interest financing so you can pay it off slowly, that’s what I did with my last laptop. So it makes it affordable and they really do last forever!!

Okay, I won’t Mac nag anymore lol. Your breakfast sounds awesome – it’s always the weirdest looking things that taste the best, no?
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Your Favourite FalafelsMy Profile

Michelle @ Blogitness January 13, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I have a new laptop and refuse to put anything on it but what I need to work….I used to love playing Snood on my old computer!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Health and Fitness FridaysMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I have a MAC for work, and I don’t love it … but it’s also probably because I have to switch between PC at home and MAC at work … it’s very confusing! ;) I’ll be curious to see what you decide to go with!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger GamesMy Profile

Lauren January 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I would totally be picking out the little chicken cubes too :) Bummer about your computer. I hate having computer problems, but getting new electronics is always fun!

Cinnamon @eatpraytri January 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I have been a PC girl my whole life too, but my husband has a Mac Book Pro and it is pretty cool. Its a totally powerful machine. I work with PC’s all day at work so the thought of using a Mac at home is a little intimidating, but based on what I said yesterday, I think its inevitable. I’m excited to see what you end up with!!!
Cinnamon @eatpraytri recently posted..Back with a vengeance!My Profile

Cait January 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I have all sorts of geeky, computer nerd software that I find pretty awesome. I don’t have any games on my computer, but I play a bunch on my iphone, though (words with friends!).
Cait recently posted..3-Cheese & Mushroom Stuffed ShellsMy Profile

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) January 13, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Gah – computers can be such a pain! Luckily Peter is very good at fixing them, so I go to him with all my computer problems.
Your breakfast looks yummy – I like the idea of banana sauce.
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Cooking the BooksMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} January 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm

haha your computer screen is def tweaking out! haha You poor thing. It sucks when something that important breaks down :(
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Derrick Rose – Guest PostMy Profile

Emily January 14, 2012 at 1:36 am

Aww…your poor computer! I can’t stand when electronics are nearing their death. It’s so frustrating and sad- especially when it’s something I’ve had for a while.
Switching from a PC to a Mac is a HUGE change. It took me a long time to get used to my Macbook but, now that I have, I could never go back to a PC. I hope you get it all figured out soon!
And your french toast looks amazing! I haven’t had french toast in sooo long. I’m due. (:
Emily recently posted..Funky Fad FridayMy Profile