Bacon Influencer

by Brittany on December 30, 2011

Good morning!

Man oh man are my poor little muscles killin’ me this morning! I rolled out of bed and stared down my foam roller, seriously considering rolling my way into the kitchen to make breakfast. After a few moments of thought, I decided that was probably not the most efficient way to get my day moving, so I resorted to sketching in a very important date with it later this afternoon.

Needless to say, today will most definitely be a rest day—which is perfect timing too because I’ve got a shopping date with the madre!

For the first time in a loooong time, I wasn’t really feeling bananas for breakfast. Instead, I used a Gala apple to create this beauty.

bacon apples mini waffles

If you’re wondering what the HECK is in that pile of beige (or yellow? maybe orange?), allow me to zoom in–

apples and mini waffles

I chopped up the apple, put the bits in a bowl with some water, covered the container, and heated it for about 3 minutes to get that “warm apple” effect. Then I toasted 8 Van’s mini waffles, threw the apples on top with some cinnamon and almond butter, and called it delicious.

apples and mini waffles nut butter

But really it WAS delicious. Especially with some turkey bacon & cinnamon Dunkin Donuts coffee (+ floating grounds) on the side.

coffee with grounds

Speaking of, this morning I was notified by Klout that I’m influential about bacon.

Fullscreen capture 12302011 74757 AM

Now if that isn’t the honor of a lifetime, I don’t know what is 8)

A bit to think about: Any great plans for New Years?

A bit to read:

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body December 30, 2011 at 8:22 am

Your breakfast looks scrumptious, I’m sure it was delicious! And those mini waffles are adorable :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Tardy with GamesMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

Baconfluential?
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Friday Five – Blog EditionMy Profile

katie @katieDid December 30, 2011 at 8:26 am

Haha I’m jealous of your bacon status!

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 11:05 am

Haha it’s truly a dream come true
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon InfluencerMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 30, 2011 at 8:54 am

Hahaha klout is so weird sometimes. Klout has informed me that I’m influential about cars and the masters golf tournament…um, say what?? That is so totally rando haha. Your breakfast looks absolutely amazing!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Mix1 Protein ShakesMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 11:05 am

HAHA masters golf tournament?? cars??

It looks like you might have to target a new angle with your blog ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon InfluencerMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 30, 2011 at 9:01 am

Delicious way to start the day! Mmmmm! ……The fact that you got that status should be moved into yesterday’s post- another success!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Dear Body,My Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 30, 2011 at 9:14 am

You go girl! Bacon influencer is a great title haah ;D What exactly is Klout?

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 11:08 am

It pretty much is a website that ranks other websites. Katy Widrick has a good review of it: http://katywidrick.com/2011/08/25/klout-gets-a-k-for-buzz/
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon InfluencerMy Profile

Lindsay @ biking before bed December 30, 2011 at 9:21 am

Klout never lies:) I consider you the turkey bacon queen.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Trader Joe’s and Great HarvestMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 11:09 am

The best compliment I’ve received all year :D
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon InfluencerMy Profile

Lisa @ Healthful Sense December 30, 2011 at 9:45 am

That should be on a restaurant menu somewhere! Looks delicious =) Love the warm apples + cinnamon + nut butter flavors together!!
I’m off to read your 2011 recap… have a lovely day =)
Lisa @ Healthful Sense recently posted..Top 5 Posts of 2011My Profile

Kat December 30, 2011 at 9:54 am

isnt it wonderful waking up sore? or am I the only freak who enjoys that feeling lol. I am STILL sore from my hour long yoga session a few days ago. My hamstrings have yet to recover!
Kat recently posted..Home AgainMy Profile

Sarah December 30, 2011 at 10:02 am

Mini waffles, yum! At first I read that you had eaten 8 waffles…and skipped the mini. Oops!
Sarah recently posted..Things I’m Coveting Now – Workout EditionMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 11:10 am

HAHA, Hey– I’d believe it
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bacon InfluencerMy Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks December 30, 2011 at 10:09 am

I’m going to a beer garden with some friends for New Years! Can’t wait!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..I’m Dreaming Of A…My Profile

Alexandra December 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

I love the mini waffle apple creation, I bet it tasted like apple pie! :)
And Bacon influencer is a title I’m quite jealous of haha
Alexandra recently posted..NoobMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups December 30, 2011 at 10:26 am

I think you’re more influential about turkey bacon! Your breakfast looks great!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Lunch at Anthony’sMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

haha love the bacon thing!
and no good NYE plans here, yet we may go out for a bit.. need to get out more and try to meet people being in a new city and all.
I think I will have to try those waffles, the minis are so cute!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..The Last Random Post….of 2011.My Profile

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) December 30, 2011 at 10:39 am

Haha – that’s great :)
Your breakfast looks super yummy. I love Van’s waffles! And the warmed apples thing sounds so quick and delicious! I definitely need to try it sometime! :)
Alexandra (Veggin’ Out in the Kitchen) recently posted..Christmas Recap and Donut Recipe!!!My Profile

Shannon from Healthiful Balance December 30, 2011 at 10:53 am

Your breakfast looks amazing! :) I love how you have bacon every morning! :)
Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..Smoothie CreationsMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life December 30, 2011 at 10:53 am

Klout seems so interesting! Definitely going to check it out. You are definitely a turkey bacon influence on us all, and for that, we thank you.
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..The Final BatchMy Profile

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 30, 2011 at 11:12 am

You are very influential about bacon. In fact, you make me want it every time I see it on your blog! haha
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..It’s Friiyyyyday, It’s FriiyyyydayMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 30, 2011 at 11:14 am

Those mini waffles are so cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Maple Mustard Chicken & December GoalsMy Profile

Corrie Anne December 30, 2011 at 11:54 am

That breakfast looks wonderful. And being a bacon influencer is hilarious!!!! Congrats!!! Have fun shopping!
Corrie Anne recently posted..Turkey, Stuffing, & Cranberry Paninis + The Answers to the QuestionsMy Profile

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm

mmmmm yah–gotta love that sore feeling once in awhile ;) I too have a date with my PINK (!!!) foam roller later today :)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..You Never Regret A WorkoutMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance January 1, 2012 at 10:58 am

It’s pink!? You lucky girl ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..New Year, New VisitorMy Profile

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 30, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Where the heck are my mini waffles?! Ugh…..I must try and find them here!! They are so cute!!

Hahahaha, bacon….you’re funny!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Grain Free Peanut Butter Honey CakeMy Profile

liz @ iheartvegetables December 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Ohhh man!!! Apples and waffles?! Yes please!!! That’s a great idea!

Liz @ Southern Charm December 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Bahaha. I LOVE that! But let’s be real, are you surprised? We all know you’re the bacon queen :)

For NYE some friends and I are going to a bar to watch Rebirth brass band, they are so awesome and it’s open bar (with the price of our ticket).

I’m pumped!!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Blogger Treats & Foodie PenpalsMy Profile

Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner December 30, 2011 at 1:01 pm

No big plans for NYE, just dinner with Tappan and his family. NYE is usually overrated haha :)
Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Recap of 2011 Running Races (plus GIVEAWAY winner)My Profile

Mary @ food and fun on the run December 30, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Ha ha kind of amazing! Anything that you are able to brag about dealing with bacon is awesome! Love the mini waffle idea – looks yummy!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Ode to 2011My Profile

Jennie (the gf-gf) December 30, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Congrats, that’s a true honor :-)

I have a foam rolling question for you – I’ve learned a little about it in my massage classes as a form of self massage, and been taught that it should only be used on warm muscles. I’m curious, how do you use it as part of your warm up?
Jennie (the gf-gf) recently posted..Classic Food CombosMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 8:52 pm

That’s really interesting because through my PT studying I’ve learned that it should actually be used BEFORE stretching or warming up. They explained that it was because the gentle force would decrease muscle spindle activity and calm the underlying muscle.

I’m intrigued though! Why did they say you should be warm first?
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Rebel StatusMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl December 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm

HAHAHAHA! I love the bacon honor! :) I recently tried bacon for the first time in years and I have to admit I was TOTALLY missing out! So yummy!

Those mini waffles look yummy, too! They remind me of childhood!

I have no idea what we are doing for NYE. It always kind of stresses me out!
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Christmas is not about the gifts….kind of :) My Profile

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl December 30, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I like your pile of stuff. Looks yummy!
Yay for bacon Klout influence. ;) Nice.
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Fitness Essentials: Rock that BodyMy Profile

Michelle @ Blogitness December 30, 2011 at 5:02 pm

The mini waffles look great! I can’t remember the last time I’ve had mini waffles.
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Health and Fitness Fridays- Interval TrainingMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} December 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm

LOVE those Van’s mini waffles!! Have you ever tried any other types of Vans waffles? They are all absolutely delicious! And what a good idea to pair them up with some sliced apples – it sounds heavenly! haha
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..workout wednesday #3My Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Those mini waffles are just adorable :) Anything mini is always cute haha
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A New YearMy Profile

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I love turkey bacon, but I don’t know if I’d have the patience to make it everyday! Do you microwave it?
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The NYE Dress DilemmaMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 30, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I actually take the time to cook it on the stovetop, but it’s the first thing I start to cook so by the time I’m done assembling my cereal or other part of breakfast it’s done :)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Rebel StatusMy Profile

Nikki December 30, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Bahahaha bacon for the win! :) That’s really funny…you do love your bacon!
Nikki recently posted..Trav and I cook dinner!My Profile

Cait December 30, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Lol, influential about bacon – what an honor ;) Have a great New Years, Brittany!!
Cait recently posted..Until Next Year…My Profile