Santa Nails & Inadequate Bacon

by Brittany on December 2, 2011

It’s Friday!  :D

Before anything else, check out these santa nails I found on Pinterest last night!

Pinned Image

Source

Just for the record, if anyone happens to be a nail artist who would like to pass along some Santa nails to my finger tips as a Christmas gift, my nails are all yours!

(The Santa references in my morning posts are out of control 8) )

Breakfast this morning was a big bowl of cereal with an interesting assortment of bacon.

IMG_7952

1 cup Rice Chex cereal, frozen blueberries, sliced banana, unsweetened coconut flakes, and unsweetened almond milk.

I opened a new package of Applegate turkey bacon this morning, and two of the strips were lacking in the “completeness” department. One was a mini piece, while the other was so thin that I felt like I was putting a sheet of turkey paper on the pan. Naturally, I compensated by considering both of these teeny pieces as one whole normal slice.

In size order ;) :

IMG_7958

Plus an unpictured cup of coffee with the last of my vanilla coconut milk creamer. I’m in a dilemma because I used the last of the carton, but only have a couple more mornings of waking up in Orlando. Knowing me, I’ll probably pick some more up at the store and bring the rest back with me when I travel home for the holidays. Hey, coffee is coffee! Priorities ;)

Today marks day 2 of my 25 Days of Thanks series–

25daysp

Day 2: I am thankful for my faith. Although it is a relatively new addition to my life, it is absolutely the most fulfilling. I’m so fortunate to have the ability to openly express my beliefs in a public setting through worship & prayer, without receiving threats or harassment from my own government (which is sadly the case in many nations.) When I’m feeling low, I’m thankful that I have the ability to open up my Bible and find “just the right passage” to remind me that I’m not meant to try to get through the hardships of life on my own.

Baptism 475-1

25 Days of Thanks Spottings:

A bit to watch: Popcorn going nuts for a full minute and a half–

nicole December 2, 2011 at 6:43 am

hahahahaha! gwendolyn just went nuts viewing popcorn going nuts! x
nicole recently posted..eating from the trashMy Profile

Alexandra December 2, 2011 at 7:45 am

Get it popcorn! Man that boy knows how to boogy haha ;) by the way, those santa nails are the most amazing thing EVER.
Happy Friday!
Alexandra recently posted..KFC Vietnam conspiracy, pineapples, and a vlogMy Profile

Kristin December 2, 2011 at 7:48 am

I’m not usually one for tacky nails, but those are actually pretty cute. I think I’d secretly rock them ;) I’m so glad you found safe your place with your faith, it’s a truly beautiful thing. I don’t know what I’d do without it <3
Kristin recently posted..It’s begining to look a lot like ChristmasMy Profile

Leashieloo December 2, 2011 at 7:54 am

Omg those santa nails are SO CUTE! I wish I had a steady hand, those are perfect for the holiday!
Leashieloo recently posted..MerrymakingMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 2, 2011 at 8:03 am

Those Santa nails are really cute! I wonder if I can get something similar using my beloved Shellac!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..SkepticalMy Profile

Lindsay @ biking before bed December 2, 2011 at 8:28 am

Those santa nails are adorable. I would never be able to pull off anything that amazing.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Flank Steak Tacos with Cilantro Yogurt SauceMy Profile

Giulia @ Tutupa's Lab December 2, 2011 at 8:58 am

ahahah that Popcorn video is hilarious! He kinda looks like one of those bugs who get stuck on their backs and can’t get on their feet anymore!
Giulia @ Tutupa’s Lab recently posted..ACE MuffinsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:22 am

HAHA he totally does!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Brittany @ RunWithBritt December 2, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hahhahahaha that video of Popcorn is priceless!
Brittany @ RunWithBritt recently posted..The End of a Tradition.My Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm December 2, 2011 at 9:18 am

Oh! Your faith is such a great thing to be thankful for! I like this one!!

Loving those nails and Popcorn and Sydney totally need a doggie date! hahah. I feel like Sydney could hang!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Meatball & Goat Cheese BakeMy Profile

Laurie December 2, 2011 at 9:21 am

I love those Santa nails!!! Popcorn is so funny!!! Love that video!

Kelsey December 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

OMG! I WANT TO HAVE MY NAILS PAINTED LIKE THAT SOOOOOOOO BAD!!! They are super cute!
Kelsey recently posted..Christmas Countdown Chains!My Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 2, 2011 at 9:39 am

Hahaha oh Popcorn! My father in laws dalmatian would always just start going crazy like that and tries to bite the floor, we always called it “carpet sharking” so cute!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Head Cold & Randomness FridayMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am

haha does he rub himself against the walls too?
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Liz @ Something To Chew On December 2, 2011 at 9:51 am

I WANT THOSE NAILS! So cute!!

Lisa @ Healthful Sense December 2, 2011 at 10:01 am

Cutest nails ever!! And yes, so thankful for my faith!!
Have a great weekend <3
Lisa @ Healthful Sense recently posted..Healthy Dinner Recipes Part 6My Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 2, 2011 at 10:04 am

Happy Friday! :) …I’m thankful that today is Friday! I am also so very thankful for my faith- and that I live where I can talk and write openly about my faith without fear. We are lucky on many accounts!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 2, 2011 at 10:55 am

I think you win “most randomly titled post” of the day in my Google Reader. Love the Popcorn video! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Five Food FridayMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:24 am

Score! That’s the award I was going for ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

Oh my goshhh I need these done to my nails! Too adorable. I just watched the entire video of popcorn, haha!

Christelle December 2, 2011 at 11:18 am

Those santa nails are amazing!! I have an addiction to nail polish and at christmas I always to a christmas themed nail marbling. I usually get together with my sister and we do it together, it takes time, but it’s awesome! It’s also great to do at girls nights..there’s a bunch of tutorials on YouTube if any one is interested!

Faith @ For the Health of It December 2, 2011 at 11:39 am

I’m not good with my nails, AT ALL, but I’d love to take in that photo for my next manicure and get the plain, non-santa design done. Bring on the glitter!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Oh for OneMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:24 am

Don’t lie, you know that you would get the santa one on EVERY nail ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life December 2, 2011 at 11:51 am

Hahahahaa that popcorn video just made my day!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..TGIF!My Profile

Alicia F. December 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Love those nails! :-)
Alicia F. recently posted..Comment on THANKSgiving! by Kirstie @ Musings of a Happy LifeMy Profile

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free December 2, 2011 at 12:22 pm

2 pieces small bacon way better than one large piece. Yummmmy.
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars with Creamy FrostingMy Profile

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) December 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I love those nails! I’m going to a santa party soon, so I might even go as far as to print out that photo and take it to a nail technician.
Cute video of Popcorn :-)
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Big Budget Challenge ReviewMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Love the nails! :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Bored yet busy WIAWMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life December 2, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Those Santa nails are probably the most awesome thing I have seen in a really long time. Just FYI. :)
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Red Lentil Soup with Balsamic Onions and the Sahale Snacks Giveaway Winner!My Profile

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 2, 2011 at 2:32 pm

My daughter asked if I could paint her nails “Santa” nails. Yikes. I had to break it to her, that doing one color is hard enough for me LOL!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..It’s beginning to look a lot like ChristmasMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:25 am

HAHA Aw! Don’t worry, you can’t be much worse at nail painting than I am!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Lauren December 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I just pinned those nails yesterday, too! I think I might print it and bring it to my nail salon. I’ll get them if you do! ;-)
Lauren recently posted..Where did she go?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 9:26 am

Deal ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of BleachMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race December 2, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Popcorn: “It just feels sooooo good!”

Too cute! :D
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..Maybe TomorrowMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life December 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

That is quite the creamer dilemma! You could definitely bring it home with you since you can drive–the TSA might give you grief about trying to bring that on the plane though :)

2 deformed bacon pieces totally = one normal sized bacon piece.
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..‘Tis the Season for GivingMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} December 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Oh my gosh those nails are so cute! I am usually pretty plain when it comes to my nail color but I’de TOTALLY rock those on Christmas! haha

Hahaha that video is awesome!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..move over November!My Profile

Emily December 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Those nails are AMAZING! I just went and got my nails done today. They were a dark red before and I decided to change it up and go with a bright “candy-apple” red in the spirit of Christmas. (It’s almost identical to the red on the Santa nails) I’m loving it- the bright color is so much fun. :)
Popcorn is seriously the cutest thing ever. That video made my day!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter December 3, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I saw those nails the other day too and I was so jealous because they’re so cute!!
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..music.music.musicMy Profile

Kathleen December 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Those Santa nails are SO pretty!!!! I want some of those on my nails. :D
Kathleen recently posted..I Am a Writing-In-The-Margins Kind of GalMy Profile

Deanne Dotson December 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I’m not good with my nails, AT ALL, but I’d love to take in that photo for my next manicure and get the plain, non-santa design done. My daughter asked if I could paint her nails “Santa” nails. I love those Santa nails!!!
Deanne Dotson recently posted..Many CuresMy Profile