Ode to Pumpkin Recipe Roundup

by Brittany on November 23, 2011

Pumpkin pie.

Source

The dessert I look forward to every Thanksgiving.

The smooth consistency. The pumpkiny flavor. The warm ice cream topping. The crumbly crust. All come together to make one heck of a dessert worth waiting an entire year for.

Except this year, things will be a little different. Because of my recently-discovered egg white & wheat allergy, I’m going to have to fend for myself and create my own vegan, wheat-free version of the stuff. The challenge is on! I’ve already been scoping out inspiration from all over the internet–

Vegan praline topping adds crunch and sweetness to this gluten free dairy free pumpkin pie

chocolate pumpkin pie

Other noteworthy pumpkin recipes that have caught my eye:

042

Pumpkin soup in pumpkin bowls

IMG_0810

Pumpkin Cheesecake.

Enough drooling for one post—Brainstorming here I come!

A bit to think about: Are you a fan of pumpkin?

Maria@La_Piattini November 23, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I’m a fan of pumpkin for sure! One of my students brought in pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today- my oh my they were good. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your pumpkin pie :)
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Two UpdatesMy Profile

Michelle @ Oats n Bows November 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I simply can’t wait until the pumpkin onslaught tomorrow! It’s my absolute favorite part of thanksgiving :) Well… maybe it’s tied for mashed potatoes and candied yams.
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..Blogging HiatusMy Profile

Allie Q (Fit Geek) November 23, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I love pumpkin…and these pictures literally just made my mouth water.
Allie Q (Fit Geek) recently posted..Tomorrow is another day.My Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm November 23, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Thanks for the link up!

And yes, talk about a drooling post! I want to try all of those!!! I heart pumpkin!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Is It Thanksgiving Yet?My Profile

Alexandra November 23, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Drooooooool. Ahhh man I love pumpkin :)
Glad you made it home safely!
Alexandra recently posted..Coconuts, smoothies and jet-settingMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life November 23, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I am definitely a HUGE fan of pumpkin! I will be making the pumpkin pie for my family this year (as usual), but I think I’m the only one who really likes it. Oh well, more pie for my face!

Pumpkin in general is one of those things that I have blogs to thank for my obsession. So many uses!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..WIAW: Strange Snacks EditionMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 24, 2011 at 9:12 am

None of my family likes it either! But that’s right, more for us :)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Thanks on ThanksgivingMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} November 23, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh my god these look delicious!! I know they have a really yummy pie at whole foods that they sell over the holidays that is vegan! I’ve heard really great things about it!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Things That Make Me Smile =)My Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

OMG sooooo much pie. Sooo good! I linked to Chocolate-Covered Katie’s pie on my blog today as well, so delicious!

Btw, I added you to my Blogroll at last – sorry it took me a while but yay for having you on there!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..WIAW: Thanksgiving Blog Love!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 24, 2011 at 9:12 am

Aw thanks, Anna!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Thanks on ThanksgivingMy Profile

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter November 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm

All of these look delicious. Seriously- there’s drool everywhere now :P
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..what i’m loving latelyMy Profile

Nada (One Arab Vegan) November 23, 2011 at 6:29 pm

So much pumpkin deliciousness! Not to plug my own recipe, but if you’re looking for another GF and vegan pumpkin pie recipe check out my version of Egyptian Pumpkin Pie here! Have a great Thanksgiving girl!
Nada (One Arab Vegan) recently posted..WIAW #9: Raw-kin it OutMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl November 23, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I actually do not like pumpkin pie…does that make me crazy?! I want to like it, I really do, but it just does not float my boat! I have no idea what I will be eating for dessert tomorrow! However, that salad looks INSANE–yum!
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Going Home…My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 24, 2011 at 9:17 am

Please tell me you at least like apple!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Thanks on ThanksgivingMy Profile

Leashieloo November 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I’m iffy about pumpkin. I like pumpkin lattes and in the fall I get a total craving for pie and such, but any other time of the year I’m not into it.
Leashieloo recently posted..Some Idle ChatterMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 23, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I love anything pumpkin! I used to hate it has a kid, but now I am in love! Great recipe roundup :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Holiday Tea and Extra FigsMy Profile

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I’m in love with pumpkin! I’m not having any pie till Friday though. I’m making it for my grandma. Can’t wait! Haha. Have a good one!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..WIAW- Thanksgiving EveMy Profile

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 23, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Welp, good thing I am now a fan of pumpkin so I can eat all of these! Holy yumfest up in here.
Have a great Thanksgiving! Please eat lots for me!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Ten Ting TuesdayMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 24, 2011 at 9:17 am

No problems there ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Thanks on ThanksgivingMy Profile

Rebecca November 24, 2011 at 12:27 am

Pumpkin pie = yes! I actually had a slice last night after I got home from school. My mom ended up bringing home some leftover pie from our church’s Thanksgiving service on Sunday. My dad snatched the last slice of French Silk for his lunch today, unfortunately. But that’s okay. Pumpkin worked too. We could have at least two different pies tomorrow; who knows.
Rebecca recently posted..This time tomorrow, HOME!My Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 24, 2011 at 10:29 am

Thanks for the shout-out, my friend! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..There’s something in my shoe.My Profile