Will & I made this dish a few nights ago based on a made up recipe that I had in my head, and it turned out spectacularly! The best part is that it gave us an excuse to buy a bottle of white wine to drink with dinner
Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Snow Peas
Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 to 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- 2 cups washed snow peas
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used Barefoot Moscato)
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and diced onion and let cook for about 2 minutes. Add snow peas, parsley and white wine. Squeeze the juice of one lemon half into the pan, stirring occasionally, until peas have softened.
- In another pan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shrimp, juice from the other lemon half and the last tablespoon of minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp to the snow peas and combine. Serve over rice or noodles. (I served mine over black rice)