Morning Routine

by Brittany on November 7, 2011

Good morning guys!

IMG_6856-1

This week is going to be a short one for me– In a few days Will & I will be setting sail to the beautiful Bahamas! I splurged on a Groupon for a discounted weekend cruise last year, and gave it to Will for his birthday (which was actually in May.) We waited ALL of this time to finally use the deal, so we have tons of pent up excitement!

I told Will that I plan on getting cornrows. That may or may not be true ;)

Catching up from the weekend? Check out:

I saw this idea on Cait’s blog a few mornings ago, and decided that I had to partake. I present to you a run down of my morning routine :D

• 4:45-6:30 AM – Wake up naturally. (It’s a curse, I promise)
  • Head to the bathroom & possibly step in Popcorn’s nighttime presents on the way
  • Brush teeth/wash face/tell Popcorn not to bite his outfit
  • Put on jacket & slippers, leash up Popcorn, take him outside & beg him to go “peepee poopoo”. (I’ve never realized how much my morning revolves around that nugget until writing this all out…)
  • Go back inside & straight into the kitchen. Prepare & photograph breakfast
  • Eat & catch up on Google Reader
  • Write morning post & publish
  • Get ready & either head to campus for class, plop down on the couch to start my morning studying for school/personal training, or partake in some other unpredictable morning shenanigan.

Working out in the morning is something I will do VERY rarely, although it definitely feels great to knock it out before my day has even begun. I’m the most productive in the morning so my focus is usually on tasks that I need to accomplish rather than getting my sweat on.

My routine this morning happened as expected, although my breakfast was a little more notable ;)

IMG_6844

No, that isn’t just ANY jar of Sunbutter.

IMG_6853

It’s Oats in a Jar! Into the mix went:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • Stevia
  • Sliced banana
  • Topped with: leftover banana slices and PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter

IMG_6855

Served with a “B” mug full of coffee with hazelnut coconut creamer & Truvia.

Time to head to campus– Have a good one :)

A bit to think about: What is your morning routine like?

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 7, 2011 at 8:10 am

My whole morning usually devotes to my pup too ;D I do blog reading in the morning too. I wish I could workout in the mornings now but all my classes are early!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Weekend Through a LensMy Profile

Alexandra November 7, 2011 at 8:16 am

Aww popcorn looks so snuggly! My mornings always involve blog reading, breakfast, music videos on TV and getting dressed and stuff for my 8 am classes eww haha
You guys are gonna have so much fun at the Bahamas! :D
Alexandra recently posted..MTWM Numero Dos–Scenes from the WeekendMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 7, 2011 at 8:29 am

Thanks for the catch up links! Haha those oats look fab :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Soupy Monday the thirdMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It November 7, 2011 at 8:47 am

*chanting* cornrows! cornrows! cornrows!!! Haha, you could totally rock it. I had mine braided in Mexico when I was about 9 and whipped my hurr back and forth like a rock star until they started to fall out.

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Haha. If I do come through, I will promise to whip my hurr back and forth in your honor ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Aine @ Something to Chew Over November 7, 2011 at 9:03 am

Lucky you, what a treat to look forward to! :)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Carrot Cake CookiesMy Profile

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files November 7, 2011 at 9:12 am

YUMM love oats in a jar I had them this morning:) SO good
My morning routine normally just consists of waking up, eating my overnight oats while reading blogs, and then going to class or going to the library to study for school.not too exciting!

Leashieloo November 7, 2011 at 9:29 am

My morning routine is getting ready, drinking coffee, and settling in for breakfast at my desk. It usually takes me a couple hours to catch up on email before I begin any work!
Leashieloo recently posted..Thirsty, ApparentlyMy Profile

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats November 7, 2011 at 9:53 am

Have fun on your cruise! So excited for you and Will!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Wurst Fest, Running, and Good FoodMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl November 7, 2011 at 9:57 am

I am so jealous of your cruise! I want pictures so I can vicariously experience the sun!

My morning routine is lame and boring:
6 am = wake up and grade papers/drink a smoothie
8am = Go for a run
10am= shower and get ready
11 am= grade more paper or head to my other job and work until 8PM.
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Shop…Shop…ShoppingMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm

You have two jobs? You busy lady, you!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Nikki November 7, 2011 at 10:14 am

Just caught up from the weekend! The trio of you, Will, and Popcorn are seriously adorable and make me smile! :) My morning routine revolves around making sure the cat and hamster are in line before quickly heading out to work! I make sure I have everything ready the night before so I don’t forget anything!
Nikki recently posted..Surprise Surprise!My Profile

Andrea @ Andrea out loud! November 7, 2011 at 10:20 am

I was just playing catch up from this weekend and literally laughed out loud at the humpty dumpty post. our little Popcorn is all grown up!! :)
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..A Quick Weekend RundownMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I KNOW! It seems like only yesterday he was scared of the dark Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Kat November 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

your puppers is such and adorable little nugget :)
my morning routine is wake up, shower, blog, check emails, eat breakfast, pack lunch and head to work! Simple and sweet :)

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog November 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

You start your morning super early! I wish I can get up that early.

My morning routine is wake up, brush teeth, shower, eat breakfast/read blogs, and school.
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..It Felt Like ChristmasMy Profile

Jess @ Jess Go Bananas November 7, 2011 at 10:55 am

I’m an early riser too!!! I love working out in the mornings , especially to run! Whenever I run in the afternoons I always feel so heavy!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..A Taste Of NYUMy Profile

Christelle November 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

I’m SOOOO jealous that you’re a morning person, I’m working really hard to go to bed earlier so I can wake up earlier. I would like to be able to sit down with my breakfast and catch up with my Google Reader, but sadly most days I’m eating on the run, or while I straighten my hair or something. I also LOVE morning runs, but I only do it on the weekends, so I’d like to get out a few times a week before work!

PS. Popcorn is adorable in that picture :)

Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

I wake up naturally at 7:30 am when my alarm isnt set..
As always, your breakfast looks delish! :)
Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..Starting To RunMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 7, 2011 at 11:06 am

I wake up & 5:00 & try my best to get out the door by 6:30/6:40… included in that time is showering & getting ready for work, packing my lunch, & making breakfast. My mornings are usually pretty hectic, because I’m just not a fast mover in the AM!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: Reception, Part 2My Profile

nicole November 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm

yes! love the cornrow proposal!
my morning routine? it’s so rigorous that i like to think that i accomplish more before 11am than most people accomplish all day! i rise at 3:59am at the latest. :) x
nicole recently posted..miss america!My Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

My morning routine tends to involve my breakfast, coffee, and blog-reading/blogging :) . And I’m so jealous of your little cruise!! That will be so much fun! We’re both getting away this weekend :D .
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Bodyweight Strength WorkoutMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:19 pm

That we are :D and from Florida!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Rather, I’m leaving Florida and you’re coming… haha
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Michelle @ Oats n Bows November 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I bought some butternut squash specifically just to make that soup ;) Can’t wait!

Danggg girl that’s so early! I wake up at 8:00 and I complain it’s too early >_<
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..Gluten Free Pumpkin BisqueMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Yey! Awesome :D Let me know how it is!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

JennKnee November 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm

OATS IN A JAR!! cue superhero style music.
Darnniiittt!! The bahamas! you lucky lucky oh so lucky little girl!!!! Obvioussssllyyy take a load of pictures…and then OBVIOUSSSLLLYYY post all about your trip.

please.

Thanks.

Happy Monday :D
JennKnee recently posted..Monday QuoteMy Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola November 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm

My morning routine is very, very rushed!! I have everything timed down to the minute and know exactly how much time I can spend on each thing! It might be a good idea to add a little wiggle room, but that never happens! And ooh hazelnut coconut creamer? That sounds awesome!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Night at the MuseumMy Profile

Errign November 7, 2011 at 1:20 pm

My routine is pretty standard – wake up, exercise (maybe), shower (depending on exercise), breakfast, class. So exciting :)
Errign recently posted..RecipesMy Profile

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness November 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Have fun on your cruise!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Mamavation MondayMy Profile

Rebecca November 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Ohmygoodness, I cannot get over how Popcorn looks like a fawn in that photo!

My (weekday) mornings involve getting up by 7:45, internet, and going to class at either 8:55 (T/Th) or 9 (MWF). MWF I try to go to chapel after class, and then do homework and hang out. T/Th are busy days, on-campus from 8:45ish to about 6 right now. That will change during J-term and Spring semester, but until December, that’s my morning!

Have fun on your trip!!!
Rebecca recently posted..Boring day.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Wow! You sound like one busy lady!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race November 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Oh to have little Popcorn’s life :) That mug is too, too cute!
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..When Plans Fall ApartMy Profile

christina cadden November 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I love your B mug!!!
christina cadden recently posted..HalloweenMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life November 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Popcorn is one lucky duck…er..dog.
I rarely, if ever, work out in the morning. At least not first thing in the morning.

My weekday mornings involve waking up at 6am, getting dressed/teeth brushed/makeup on/coffee made as fast as possible and blasting out the front door by 6:30. And then I eat oatmeal while driving to work. Haha!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..My 24th YearMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Haha love it! My morning routine: Groan when my alarm goes off, go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, shower, make-up, breakfast while sometimes checking out blogs, hair, clothes, pack my lunch, pray (I’m not good about doing this every morning before I leave for work, but I try!), and drive 80 minutes to work. So exciting, huh? ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Football and cream puffs.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance November 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm

You and me both, Kristen. I have been meaning to start praying in the AM, but things just seem to come up!
And 80 minutes to work? Wow, I’m so impressed! I complained when the office I worked at was 20 minutes away last year. I know, I know, I’m horrible :/ haha
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..A Bib, Please?My Profile

Maria@La_Piattini November 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Great post! Love all the popcorn duties! My morning routine is so super quick since I do a lot of preparing for work the night before. It’s mainly just get up, brush teeth, get dressed!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Starting the Holiday SeasonMy Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body November 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Popcorn’s expression is priceless, I love it! My morning involve getting the dog out of bed (bed sound like a better word then crate), making her go potty, making breakfast, and catching up on my to do list! That’s awesome you are going on a cruise! :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Plugged Back InMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups November 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Awww I’m so jealous you’re going on a cruise! That’s going to be so fun!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Breakfast saladMy Profile

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter November 8, 2011 at 9:10 am

Sounds like an awesome morning! My morning routine is wake up between 5:20 and 6:20 (depends on how early I have class), workout, shower, eat breakfast, write a blog post then head to class. I like my routine because I feel so productive in the morning!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli November 9, 2011 at 6:10 am

Oh wow, the Bahamas! That’s awesome! I can’t help but be a tad bit…ok, maybe a lot bit jealous! ;)

And seriously? You wake up on your own THAT early? I thought I was an old lady waking up between 6 and 7:30…I don’t think I’ve ever woken up before 5:30 on my own before…well, except maybe to pee and I’m an excellent go-back-to-sleep kind of person!

Sunbutter OIAJ are the best! Love em! And I LOVE that mug! Too cute!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..WIAW: The Graveyard EditionMy Profile