Good morning guys!
This week is going to be a short one for me– In a few days Will & I will be setting sail to the beautiful Bahamas! I splurged on a Groupon for a discounted weekend cruise last year, and gave it to Will for his birthday (which was actually in May.) We waited ALL of this time to finally use the deal, so we have tons of pent up excitement!
I told Will that I plan on getting cornrows. That may or may not be true
Catching up from the weekend? Check out:
- Winter Vegetable Soup Recipe
- First experiment with Socca
- My humpty dumpty pup
- 9 month-i-versary & wine tasting
- Personal Training check-up #1
I saw this idea on Cait’s blog a few mornings ago, and decided that I had to partake. I present to you a run down of my morning routine
- 4:45-6:30 AM – Wake up naturally. (It’s a curse, I promise)
- Head to the bathroom & possibly step in Popcorn’s nighttime presents on the way
- Brush teeth/wash face/tell Popcorn not to bite his outfit
- Put on jacket & slippers, leash up Popcorn, take him outside & beg him to go “peepee poopoo”. (I’ve never realized how much my morning revolves around that nugget until writing this all out…)
- Go back inside & straight into the kitchen. Prepare & photograph breakfast
- Eat & catch up on Google Reader
- Write morning post & publish
- Get ready & either head to campus for class, plop down on the couch to start my morning studying for school/personal training, or partake in some other unpredictable morning shenanigan.
Working out in the morning is something I will do VERY rarely, although it definitely feels great to knock it out before my day has even begun. I’m the most productive in the morning so my focus is usually on tasks that I need to accomplish rather than getting my sweat on.
My routine this morning happened as expected, although my breakfast was a little more notable
No, that isn’t just ANY jar of Sunbutter.
It’s Oats in a Jar! Into the mix went:
- 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Sliced banana
- Topped with: leftover banana slices and PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter
Served with a “B” mug full of coffee with hazelnut coconut creamer & Truvia.
Time to head to campus– Have a good one
A bit to think about: What is your morning routine like?