A Petrified Forest

by Brittany on November 1, 2011

Good morning folks!

Halloween is over, and that means the anticipation of Thanksgiving is next! From this point on I will be counting down the days until it’s time to visit my family, finish up this semester (with only 2 left!), cruise to the Bahamas with Will for a weekend, and spend the majority of the holiday season at home.

And my favorite part is the fact that I will have a valid excuse to bake tons of holiday treats :D

thanksgiving-ecard-someecards

Last night, Will & I went to a local haunted forest attraction that was going on a few minutes from my apartment. We wanted to do something that was Halloween-themed and out of the norm from a typical movie night or bowling night (we love our bowling). I came across the website for “A Petrified Forest” in my online search last night.

IMG_6570

It was $15 for the scare trail, which consisted of gathering in a group of 6 (Will + me + 4 strangers), and walking blindly through a haunted trail/house setup in the middle of the wilderness.

Sketchy? Heck yes. But that’s what made it all the more frightening.

IMG_6571

Our last minute costumes consisted of a preppy boy and a marathon runner. I know, our creativity levels are off the charts.

IMG_6575

The scare trail was great! It took us about 15 minutes to walk through and I was clenching onto Will’s arm the entire time.

My rule with haunted houses= NEVER be first in line and NEVER be at the end. The middle is my safe zone– I get to observe the scary from a distance and see the people in front of me freak out first so that I know what’s coming :D

Afterwards, we asked one of the characters to take a picture with us. Well actually, we asked her to take one OF us and got this instead:

IMG_6573

I know.

Since she clearly wanted to be IN the photo, we asked her to join us.

IMG_6576

Definitely a keeper.

Breakfast:

A bowl of oats was all that was on my mind. I used one of the giant coffee mug/bowls per Jenny‘s request ;)

IMG_6577

Oaty mix:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (using chia seed method)
  • 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
  • Sliced banana
  • Topped with: PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter, Artisana coconut butter, and unsweetened shredded coconut flakes

Served with coffee in my “B” mug with vanilla coconut milk creamer.

IMG_6585

Today will be full of studying, good company, and possibly Costco :D Have a great one!

A bit to think about: Do you like being scared?

Aine @ Something to Chew Over November 1, 2011 at 8:22 am

Such fun! I’m VERY easily scared ;)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Nuts about NutsMy Profile

Alexandra November 1, 2011 at 8:24 am

Whoa that chick is spooky! Sounds like yall had a fun halloween though!
I love eating stuff out of mugs, especially cereal :D
Have an amazing day and have fun if you go to Costco!
Alexandra recently posted..National Peanut Butter Lovers MonthMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 1, 2011 at 8:27 am

That photo is terrifying!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Wedding: CeremonyMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes November 1, 2011 at 9:17 am

Hahah sound like a fun night! WootWoot for Costco :D
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Wishing for DessertsMy Profile

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food November 1, 2011 at 9:51 am

I really like to be scared with Halloween stuff…like scary movies, haunted houses, etc…but being scared in real life and feeling like I’m in danger? No thank you! Haha! Looks like you had a great time!
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..Pumpkin Applesauce CookiesMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles November 1, 2011 at 10:07 am

Heavens NO I do not like being scared! I just can’t handle it! …. You’re one tough marathon runner. I would have been a runner too if I went though- probably not just the costume though….
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..New Themes: iTheme 2 and Bold NewsMy Profile

Jess @ Jess Go Bananas November 1, 2011 at 10:08 am

I hate scary things!!! I probably would have fainted had I been you!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..NewvemberMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

I don’t like haunted houses, per se, but like stories about places that are actually supposed to be haunted. We did a ghost tour in St. Augustine that was really cool!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Eating Our Way Through: PolandMy Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks November 1, 2011 at 10:34 am

Haha the picture of that scary chick is hilarious!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Cascadian Farm Give AwayMy Profile

Nikki November 1, 2011 at 10:48 am

I am the BIGGEST chicken when it comes to that stuff! I just have to keep telling myself “It isn’t real, it isn’t real!” haha

And a cruise to the Bahamas?! SO JEALOUS!
Nikki recently posted..Happy Halloween!My Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm November 1, 2011 at 10:49 am

I’m a total wuss. If I would have seen her in real life, I would have cried! LoL.
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Wild Weekend, Time for DetoxMy Profile

Soo @ Little Miss Fitness November 1, 2011 at 11:00 am

Definitely can’t do haunted houses and scary things. You’re a brave girl, Brittany. :)
Soo @ Little Miss Fitness recently posted..Thursdays are my favoriteMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea out loud! November 1, 2011 at 11:18 am

Youa re brave Birttany :)
and i love the picture poacher hahaha, she is hilarious
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Nello’s Sauce & Baked Ziti (I mean, rigatoni)My Profile

JennKnee November 1, 2011 at 11:40 am

haha! You should PROBABLY frame that picture of you and Will and…the scary one. Total living room decor ;)
Thank you for using that mug again. I had oats (with chocolate PB in them also..weird? creepy?..nah..) too this morning..and I’m thinking I need a big ol mug like that – pretty sure it will make them taste even better.
I use flax in my oats…You are making me want to try some Hemp…
JennKnee recently posted..Monday QuoteMy Profile

thehealthyapron November 1, 2011 at 11:58 am

The answer to that question is a big HELL no! haha I hate being scared and do all I can to prevent that!! haha
thehealthyapron recently posted..Can We Be Anti-Cancer?My Profile

Errign November 1, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I’m not a huge fan of being scared- I’m naturally really jumpy, so that doesn’t help!
Errign recently posted..October Recap & November GoalsMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race November 1, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I just can’t do haunted stuff. Eeek! Looks like you had a great time though! That chick in the picture with ya’ll is hilarious! :D
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..Halloween FunMy Profile

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I can’t stand being scared. I couldn’t do a haunted trail/house/anything!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Yipes – Gripes!My Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It November 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Girl I’m seriously jealous of the cruise – sounds like so much fun (and so WARM!)
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Don’t Waste the Pumpkin!My Profile

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 1, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Bahaha, nice costumes.
I wish that’s what I did last night! Haunted houses are so much fun!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..A Tribute to my Halloween KittyMy Profile

Kiah November 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Wait, that painted face is seriously going to give me nightmares. NIGHTMARES.
Kiah recently posted..reviving NovemberMy Profile

Kat November 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm

uhhhh no I am a huge wimp. I saw I Am Legend and slept with a light on for 3 months, I kid you not. I’m such a scardy cat when it comes to things like that!
Kat recently posted..Self DayMy Profile

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) November 1, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I’m not very good at being scared, but the petrified forest looks like a lot of fun! That character is so frightening :-)
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Welcome Mr NovemberMy Profile

Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm

You are so brave! I am such a wuss when it comes to haunted house-type activities! I’m glad you guys had a great Halloween! :)

Itty Bits of Balance November 1, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I just found tons of comments from you in my spam box :( I’m glad I was able to recover them!

Brittany @ RunWithBritt November 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I’m such a scardy cat! If I saw her in real life I would be running for the hills. :) I’m so ready for the holidays as well. Please get here soon!
Brittany @ RunWithBritt recently posted..Nothing Says Halloween Quite Like….My Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} November 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I LOVE being scared..I love everything about it! haha. Scary movies are totally my thing! Not to mention haunted houses!

Im so jealous you get to go on a cruise..that will be so fun and relaxing!!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Things That Make Me SmileMy Profile

Leashieloo November 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Eeps, I do not like being scared. BUT, I AM super excited about Thanksgiving. I love the food, the family, taking naps, turkey, weeeee!
Leashieloo recently posted..Thirsty, ApparentlyMy Profile