It Takes Two to Tango

by Brittany on October 11, 2011

Last night in salsa class we learned a few basic steps of the Argentine tango. Yeah, the dance where two people step around each other with roses in their mouths—that’s the one. Minus the roses.

It was a little more intimidating than any of the salsa or meringue steps that we’ve learned so far, but once we got the pattern down I had it made in the shade 8)

What was even cooler was that one of my partners told me that he found my blog randomly through Facebook (Hi Kyle!). Just a reminder to me about how transparent the internet really is, and how careful us bloggers need to be when writing about our lives and activities. You never know who’s reading! (Luckily in my case, it wasn’t negative publicity)

Breakfast:

Hellooooooo cinnamon Puffins—I’ve been waiting to break into you.

IMG_5304

I received this box in the mail a few weeks ago in the care package that Amanda sent me, but I was already making my way through a box of original Puffins. In my kitchen, there is a strict cereal box policy—I never have two similar boxes open at the same time. For instance, I’ll usually have one open box of some type of brown rice crisps, a box of a more hearty cereal (like Puffins), and possibly another box of something completely different (right now, this would be Whole-O’s).

IMG_5302

At first glance, I knew that I would love these babies because of the fact that I could literally see the cinnamon on each piece. At first taste, I was practically already down on one knee mid-marriage proposal.

The cinnamon Puffins taste JUST like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch that I used to obsess over as a child, except with less sugar and less random ingredients.

IMG_5307

In my cereal this morning I used 1/2 cup cinnamon Puffins, 1/2 cup gluten-free Rice Krispies, blueberries, a sliced banana, and chia seeds.

IMG_5309

And of course, after yesterday’s lack of the stuff, I had to include some bacon de turkey.

IMG_5314

On the agenda for today:

• Eye doctor appointment
  • Some type of workout (Bodyrock?)
  • Meeting someone to collect payment for hitting my car last year (long story)
  • Grocery store for creamer

Have a great Tuesday! 8)

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog October 11, 2011 at 8:17 am

Cinnamon puffins sounds wonderful! You take such fun classes! I would love to try the Argentine tango, but I’m really bad at dancing. Haha. :)
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal With Biscoff SuaceMy Profile

Shannon @ Healthiful Balance October 11, 2011 at 8:54 am

I’ve never tried cinnamon puffins but they sound good! I really like the PB puffins! :D
Shannon @ Healthiful Balance recently posted..Banana Protein Pancake with Peanut Flour SauceMy Profile

Mer @mersworld October 11, 2011 at 9:00 am

I’m a new Puffins fan- just discovered the peanut butter ones with almond milk! So delicious, but random side note- the LOUDEST cereal ever to eat! Is it just me? Have a great day!
Mer @mersworld recently posted..Sleep, Coffee, Morning y’all!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Haha it is NOT just you! They are very crunchy :)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Kat October 11, 2011 at 9:18 am

Ive never bought puffins before because I KNOW the obsession would be ridiculous, and that stuff aint cheap! lol I bet they are so tasty though….
Kat recently posted..Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin BagelsMy Profile

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food October 11, 2011 at 9:39 am

That bowl is cereal is seriously the best thing I have ever seen! Yum!
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..Mediterranean Spaghetti SquashMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It October 11, 2011 at 9:47 am

They didn’t give you roses for the dance class? Where’s the fun in that?
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Endebted to the AmericanoMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

That’s what I said!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Sweet and Savvy October 11, 2011 at 9:57 am

I need Those puffins!! They look so good and cinnamony.:) and I am assuming they aren’t made from wheat? Even Better!

Lindsay @ biking before bed October 11, 2011 at 10:19 am

Cinnamon is the one flavor of Puffins I have never tried! I am in love with the peanut butter ones and the new chocolate peanut butter ones. They are just like reeses puffs. You will love em:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Freestyle Tuna SaladMy Profile

Errign October 11, 2011 at 10:25 am

I love the pb puffins but the cinnamon ones look tasty! :)
Errign recently posted..Monday Ramble.My Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 11, 2011 at 10:36 am

I found puffins just last week while away to the dr. and bought the cinnamon ones… JUST like cinnamon toast crunch, I agree. YUM! I love them….. I totally need to hop on your no similar box open rule… But it is soooo hard!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas October 11, 2011 at 10:46 am

I’ve only had original puffins, btu I must admit it was very dangerous. I could not stop eating them.

I bet cinnamon would be even worse!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Half Marathon Training LessonsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Tell me about it! And from the sounds of it, PB is even WORSE!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Lyndsie October 11, 2011 at 10:52 am

The tango looks challenging. I don’t have very good rhythm though. Sounds like such a fun class! I have never had puffins cereal nor have I seen it anywhere here in the Midwest.
Lyndsie recently posted..Maples GaloreMy Profile

Emma October 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

It really is so crazy that ANYONE could be reading our blogs at any time. I really don’t put anything too incriminating on mine (except my weirdness, but that’s no secret), but still!

Love puffins! Peanut butter flavor wins for me, but cinnamon is sooo good too! With some vanilla yogurt? Mm mm mmm.
Emma recently posted..The Burrito and the BolMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Okay, EVERYONE is talking about peanut butter! That will absolutely be next
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Lindsay Loves Veggies October 11, 2011 at 11:07 am

Cinnamon Puffins are bombtastic! LoL.
Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..Hiking at Dash PointMy Profile

Alexandra October 11, 2011 at 11:24 am

Yay yay yay for puffins! I had the original for breakfast :) Those little buggers are so flipping addictive!!
Alexandra recently posted..MY FIRST VLOG! HOLLA!My Profile

JennKnee October 11, 2011 at 11:27 am

the cinnamon puffins are my favorite cereal. S i g h. I’m going to planet organic today to try the pb puffins …I’ll let you know what they taste like :)
JennKnee recently posted..A Thankful WeekendMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Please do! Everyone is raving about them
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 11, 2011 at 11:36 am

I’ve never tried Puffins, but I always eye them up at TJ’s!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Wordy GirlMy Profile

Sara K October 11, 2011 at 11:45 am

Aren’t cinnamon puffins THE BEST?! :) I tend to mix my cereals so I usually have 2-3 boxes open the same time
Sara K recently posted..Slice & Dice: Week 1My Profile

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog October 11, 2011 at 11:59 am

Tango is such a beautiful dance, I’ve always wanted to learn. How hard is it to pick up?
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Peas Heart: Pinterest.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm

It really is beautiful, and actually not as hard as I thought it would be. Granted, we only learned two very basic steps– but once you get the pattern down it is not bad at all.

Oh, and bring roses to put in your teeth ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flowers & InterviewsMy Profile

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) October 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I’m quite open about my blog – I post on facebook etc., so I try to be careful about what I write.
I would love to try the Argentine Tango – so sultry!
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Recovery and New Running ShoesMy Profile

Liz @ Southern Charm October 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Everything is right with the world again since you’ve had your bacon :) Haha!

I’ve always wanted to try puffins, but was concerned I wouldn’t like them. Cinnamon toast crunch you say? yea … I’m getting some stat!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Apple Chips, Oven StyleMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} October 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

The cinnamon puffins is my favorite puffins cereal!! I can polish a whole box in like 2 days! haha My excuse is that it’s WAY healthier than eating a box of cinnamon toast crunch..haha

That’s so cute that you take salsa dance lessons – I’ve always wanted to try that because it just looks so fun!!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Oh Monday!My Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Hmmm cinnamon puffins :D

Rebecca October 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

It’s funny that you mention Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I totally have some stashed in my desk. Bought it over the weekend when I was home for here at school. :)
Rebecca recently posted..MicahMy Profile