Pancake Replacement

by Brittany on October 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

Catching up from this weekend? Check out:

Today was one for the books—I woke up, and was not craving turkey bacon.

Now, I’m not saying that I wont be craving it for lunch or dinner, but all I could think about was indulging in something made with pumpkin and oats. Pumpkin oatmeal was the first thought to cross my mind, but then I chose to think outside of the box and reach into my recipe archive for an oldie but goodie.

Say hello to my Vegan Wheat-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancake:

IMG_5244

I changed up the recipe a little bit because I was using Coach’s Oats instead of regular quick Quaker oats. The 1/2 cup of oats was replaced with 1/3 cup, and the almond milk was cut down to 1/4 cup too. I also threw some Stevia into the mix for some bonus sweetness.

IMG_5245

As far as the topping, I went with my usual banana-sauce technique: I mushed 1/2 a banana into a bowl, added about 1/4 cup of water, microwaved it for about 45 seconds, then stirred the whole mixture together.

IMG_5239

The final product:

IMG_5248

I’m sure my turkey bacon will be pleased to know that it’s replacement was just as delicious :D

In other news, I informed Will that we would be switching mugs. I love my Mike mug, but Tigger has been calling my name from the cupboard for the past couple mornings.

IMG_5254

Plus I think Tigger is just a wee bit cuter. (Sorry Mike)

Alright, I have a bowling midterm to study for. How ever will I pass!?

Shannon @ Healthiful Balance October 10, 2011 at 8:18 am

Your breakfast looks delicious! I’ve never made “banana sauce” before but it sounds like a great pancake topping! I’ll have to try it sometime!
I had a pancake for breakfast to :D
Shannon @ Healthiful Balance recently posted..Banana Protein Pancake with Peanut Flour SauceMy Profile

Alexandra October 10, 2011 at 8:19 am

Man that looks good! You always have the most tasty looking meals, care to be my personal chef? You can bring tigger too! ;)
Alexandra recently posted..Exercise recap and a wishlistMy Profile

Corey @ Learning Patience October 10, 2011 at 8:27 am

I LOVE your adorable Tigger mug…how cute!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..A History Lesson, Some Turkey and Winners Announced!My Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body October 10, 2011 at 8:28 am

The Tigger mug makes me smile every time I see it! I’ve never done the whole mashed banana thing as a topping, but it looks great, I will have to try it out :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Time for an UpdateMy Profile

Britt @runwithbritt October 10, 2011 at 8:28 am

What?! No turkey bacon? I thought we would never see the day. ;) the banana sauce for your pancake is so clever. It looks like a better (and healthier) replacement for syrup! Good luck on your bowling midterm!
Britt @runwithbritt recently posted..Marathon Training Week 13 RecapMy Profile

Brittney October 10, 2011 at 8:29 am

That pancake looks AMAZING! Got my tummy rumbling this morning for sure!

I miss bowling class! My teacher went through the final word for word and gave us all the answers the class period before :P Good luck!!! (Not that you need it LOL)
Brittney recently posted..Remembering JasmineMy Profile

Aine @ Something to Chew Over October 10, 2011 at 8:30 am

Tigger is definitely cuter :)

I’m sure you’ll pass – positive thoughts!
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Chicken and Mushroom RisottoMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 10, 2011 at 8:35 am

Yum that looks awesome!! And I love that you have a bowling midterm haha…good luck, I’m sure you will do great :).
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Monday Fashion GiveawayMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl October 10, 2011 at 8:45 am

HAHAHAHA! I love that you are “studying” for a bowling midterm! Can I please live your life for a day?! It sounds AWESOME!

I hope turkey bacon is not feeling too forlorn! I will show it some love in your stead! :)
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Frugal Frog Weekend RecapMy Profile

Giulia @ Tutupa's Lab October 10, 2011 at 8:46 am

I love pancakes made with oats! I usually also had chocolate chips…eheheh :D And by bowling class..you mean actual bowling, as in the game? as in, put on weird shoes and strike? I so wish universities in Italy were even remotely close to america’s ones
Giulia @ Tutupa’s Lab recently posted..The emperor’s new grooveMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 10, 2011 at 6:54 pm

haha YES! As in bowling the game. I know it’s crazy, but I had a few electives to fill up and bowling was one of my first picks ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flashback PhotoMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 10, 2011 at 9:05 am

Good luck on the midterm! Haha :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Goble GobleMy Profile

Mer @mersworld October 10, 2011 at 9:10 am

Pancake looks awesome! A suitable turkey bacon replacement! Good luck with the bowling exam- how does that even work?! Have a great Monday!
Mer @mersworld recently posted..Monday Weigh-in and New WorkoutMy Profile

Jordan October 10, 2011 at 9:20 am

yum!! i think this just inspired me to go make pumpkin pancakes…
Jordan recently posted..Update!My Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 10, 2011 at 9:26 am

not a bad swap…. I’d be okay if I were the bacon. It looks so filling!!!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 10, 2011 at 9:42 am

The tigger mug is certainly cute!! :)
Good luck on the midterm, Brittany!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Two New RulesMy Profile

Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice October 10, 2011 at 9:43 am

Gasp….

No T-Bacon!? :)

This substitution looks delicious.
Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice recently posted..Happy ThanksgivingMy Profile

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files October 10, 2011 at 10:17 am

The mug is SO cute!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Bananas Foster OatmealMy Profile

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog October 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

Such a delicious breakfast! :)
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..9 Dollars Worth SpentMy Profile

Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate October 10, 2011 at 10:51 am

Your breakfast looks delightful! I am really digging the banana sauce – I might just have to try that on some Kellogg’s Eggo FiberPlus(R) buttermilk waffles later this week.

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 10, 2011 at 10:55 am

Hope you hit a strike on your bowling midterm! Aw man, I’m so cheesy.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..IchibanMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Haha! Hey, I giggled 8)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flashback PhotoMy Profile

Michelle @ Oats n Bows October 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

YUM O_O I’m gonna turn into one giant, gluten free pancake by the end of this week. And I love that mug! I used to work in Disneys Hollywood Studios in a gift shop and I stocked those mugs every day for 6 months :P
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..Gluten Free Chocolate Chip PancakesMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 10, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Maybe you sold me mine!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Flashback PhotoMy Profile

Julia {girls with a stethoscope} October 10, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I can always count on reading your blog to get inspired about some really yummy recipes – today did not disappoint! lol

Love the new mug, so cute!
Julia {girls with a stethoscope} recently posted..Oh Monday!My Profile

Nicole @ PancakesandPilates October 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm

The pancake looks delish and I’m seriously impressed with the very pretty presentation. I love the strawberry with the red snowflakes :) I need more festive dishes! Okay, i want more festive dishes.

Tiger is ridiculously cute. Break him out more often please!
Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Larabar MonsterMy Profile

Pure2raw twins October 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm

love your tiger mug!!
Pure2raw twins recently posted..{rethinking} supplements because of poor claimsMy Profile