Oats for Two

by Brittany on October 7, 2011

This morning I was up bright & early with the sun, and was glad to see that Stephanie is an early-riser too. Nothin’ like having a partner to enjoy a big bowl of oats with in the morning ;)

IMG_5119

Stephanie requested plain oats with almond butter for breakfast, but I asked if I could have a little more leeway with her meal. Luckily for her, her breakfast was in very good hands.

I used Coach’s oats and my chia seed method to make a thick double batch for the both of us. Major kudos to Stephanie for being so open-minded with my giant cauldron of oats because from the way I was scurrying around the kitchen, who knows what kind of stuff I was throwing inside :D

IMG_5121

Into the mix (for two) :

• 2/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • Sliced banana
  • 1/2 cup almond milk

Naturally, I set out an assortment of nut butters for topping purposes.

IMG_5124

Sunbutter & PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter, please & thank you :D

Today it looks like I’ll be introducing Stephanie to Bodyrock, and a dog park visit may also be on the agenda. We’ve got two fur babies that we need to keep entertained–

IMG_5128

Adios!

Katie October 7, 2011 at 9:21 am

Happy Friday love!

So fun that popcorn has a friend to play with !
Katie recently posted..Weighted Bar { fitness }My Profile

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 7, 2011 at 9:35 am

Yummers. I want to come to your pad for breakfast.
Hope you gals have a fun day!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Lazy Run and a Lazy DinnerMy Profile

Brittany @ RunWithBritt October 7, 2011 at 9:39 am

Happy Friday! It’s national smile day today, so have a wonderful time with your friend! :)
Brittany @ RunWithBritt recently posted..Southwestern Sweet Potato and Crazy Elliptical GirlMy Profile

Sweet and Savvy October 7, 2011 at 9:49 am

Good to see that Stephanie is open minded to your version of oats! Looks like popcorn and his friend are having a good time! :)

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 7, 2011 at 9:59 am

I bet she waas glad that she was so open minded! Looks delicious!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Retro Mac ThemeMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

The two doggies playing together is so cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..When do you Rest?My Profile

Errign October 7, 2011 at 11:04 am

Woooo for friends, oats and puppers!
Errign recently posted..Asheville Spotlight: Food Part I.My Profile

JennKnee October 7, 2011 at 11:07 am

It’s almost weird not seeing Turkey bacon on your breakfast post!!
JennKnee recently posted..Renovation HelpMy Profile

Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly October 7, 2011 at 11:57 am

Popcorn is getting so big already…don’t you hate how it happens so fast :( ?
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Disney Trip – Post Race RecapMy Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola October 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm

How great that you and your friend were able to enjoy breakfast together! And mmm pb & co dcd.. yum! Have fun at the dog park! Can’t wait to see pics!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Fave 5 Friday: Weekend EditionMy Profile

Michelle @ Oats n Bows October 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’ve never had chia seeds before… seems like I need to change that. Looks like the doggies are having as much fun as you ladies :)
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..Overcoming Regina George Syndrome and learning how to take complimentsMy Profile

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl October 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm

that last pic…..a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.
Haley @ Health Freak College Girl recently posted..worst “compliment” everMy Profile

Stephanie October 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Ha! I love the picture of the dogs playing tug. My dog weighs 120 pounds. He “played tug” with a jack russell once. Basically: my dog ran around with a big stick, and the jack hung by the teeth to one side of the stick. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen.
Stephanie recently posted..Via Rail’s Canadian – Riding the Rails from Vancouver to TorontoMy Profile