Too Sweet

by Brittany on October 5, 2011

Good morning! Coffee cup Sun Thumbs up

Check out my genius pup in action…

This morning I was up at 4:45 with a hankering for cereal and turkey bacon. Some may call this a breakfast rut. I call it a blessing ;)

IMG_5018

1/2 cup original Puffins, 1/2 cup Gluten-free Rice Krispies, sliced banana, blueberries, and Stevia.

IMG_5022

With four slices of burnt turkey bacon.

I just bought a giant bag of Stevia in the Raw at Publix yesterday to include in my pumpkin muffins (recipe will be up today!), and since then I’ve been attempting to measure out my Stevia by the spoonful instead of the packets that I’m used to. It’s cheaper, yes, but I’m over-sweetening things like crazy!

For example, in my coffee this morning I would normally put 2 packets of Stevia, but for some reason I decided that this was equivalent to 2 tablespoons from the bulk bag. Talk about sweetness overload Disappointed smile

I’m about to head off to my personal fitness class in a little, and we’re supposed to work out at the gym again today for class credit. I know, from bowling, to salsa, to personal fitness– HOW do I manage such a difficult schedule? ;)

See you all later with a recipe– Toodles!

Oh, and HAPPY WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAY!

Shannon @ Healthiful Balance October 5, 2011 at 6:25 am

Aww! Popcorn is SO cute! :) Your breakfast looks delish :)
Shannon @ Healthiful Balance recently posted..1 Month AnniversaryMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 5, 2011 at 7:11 am

I too think that breakfast ‘ruts’ are a blessing, at least you know what you’re going to have and that you like it!!! :) …..Aw, popcorn <3
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Hello positive thing #1My Profile

Stephanie @SnackingonSunshine October 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

CUTE!! Thanks so much for starting my day with that video. (And with that breakfast, my boyfriend would definitely definitely agree that most things go with a side of bacon in any form ;))

Itty Bits of Balance October 5, 2011 at 11:09 am

Haha Popcorn has that effect on people (bacon too ;) )
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Too SweetMy Profile

Meg October 5, 2011 at 7:39 am

I absolutely love mixing bananas and bluebs together :D I top my Kashi Go Lean with that exact combo. Soooooooooooo good
Meg recently posted..Eat Your Dessert!My Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 5, 2011 at 7:51 am

I like breakie ruts! Haha popcorn is adorable :D
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Surprise WIAWMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 5, 2011 at 7:51 am

Aw, Popcorn!

Your schedule sounds so fun! What’s your major?
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Trying New ThingsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 5, 2011 at 11:10 am

Political science with a minor in legal studies– I finished all my core classes within my first 3 years so have TONS of electives left for senior year ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Too SweetMy Profile

Sam @ owlmazing October 5, 2011 at 7:52 am

Haha yeah when you use too much stevia it can be really OVERLY sweet eh? Popcorn makes me so jealous! I want a little dog soooo badly but my boyfriend is so not into it. If we ever break up i am heading straight to the pet store! ;)
Sam @ owlmazing recently posted..Tea Review and I am Sick!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 5, 2011 at 11:17 am

HAHA! This made me laugh out loud
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Too SweetMy Profile

Brittany October 5, 2011 at 7:59 am

That is ADORABLE. Definitely made me smile :D My dog does that too! He gets so excited and doesn’t understand why he can’t move so I have to untangle him haha.
Brittany recently posted..WHAT I ATE WEDNESDAYMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It October 5, 2011 at 8:00 am

Stevia is definitely a learning curve – it’s way sweeter than real sugar! Cant wait to see the pumpkin muffins!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake PuddingMy Profile

Daniella @ Runner at Heart October 5, 2011 at 8:09 am

Just found your blog through the WIAW blog hop. I have been wanting to try turkey bacon for again for awhile now. I had a bad experience a few months ago with it just tasting disgusting. What brand do you buy?
Daniella @ Runner at Heart recently posted..WIAW Pizza EditionMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 5, 2011 at 11:19 am

Welcome :) This is Jennie-O turkey bacon right here, but my favorite brand is Wellshire Farms. It’s all natural, and has no added nitrates! Just a little too expensive for my college budget :(
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Too SweetMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl October 5, 2011 at 8:27 am

Wow. 4:45 is super early! However, I think that bacon would get me out of bed!

I have a MAJOR sweet tooth that I am trying to work on! I over-sweeten everything!
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Anniversary Re-CapMy Profile

Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 5, 2011 at 8:56 am

I want Popcorn. Cutest dog EVER.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Yogurt and a PDRMy Profile

Kat October 5, 2011 at 9:29 am

hahaha such a cute puppers!! we often throw a blanket on Opie and she literally spins in circles so fast that she gets all tangled and knocks herself over. So cute and so silly ;)
Kat recently posted..Pumpkin Spice MochaMy Profile

Emma October 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

Stevia is some intense stuff. I like the bottles of liquid Stevia, but you only need a few drops at a time. Too much is quite terrible.

Knowing what you want for breakfast every day is totally a blessing! One less thing to think about in the morning :)
Emma recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Round Dos.My Profile

Kiah October 5, 2011 at 10:18 am

Keep the Popcorn videos coming! I could watch that adorable puppy all day. Just be happy you didn’t get two. Charlie and Salsa literally tie my legs together by running in opposite directions around me with their leashes. The cars driving by think it’s hilarious.
Kiah recently posted..embracing OctoberMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 5, 2011 at 11:21 am

haha aww! Can I please tell you that every time I read that your dog’s name is Salsa, my heart melts! That is such an awesome name
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Too SweetMy Profile

Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate October 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

I don’t think your breakfast is a rut – it’s kind of nice knowing what you are going to have each day, especially if you enjoy it! I’m kind of the same way and find that I always have a trusty bowl of Kellogg’s FiberPlus(R) cereal, a piece of fruit, a dish of yogurt, and coffee each morning. I love it!

Amanda @ the beauty notebooks October 5, 2011 at 10:52 am

oh my goodness, your sweet, sweet Popcorn. I have to agree that Popcorn is one of the cutest dogs I have ever laid eyes on. Must be a constant joy to be around :)

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' October 5, 2011 at 10:53 am

I’m in the biggest breakfast rut ever lol And your school schedule is pretty great! I wouldn’t mind going back to school with those classes. ;)
Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin’ recently posted..First run in four weeksMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race October 5, 2011 at 11:59 am

Mmmmm…turkey bacon! :P Yummy. It’s almost time for lunch and I’m so ready!
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..It Is Only Tuesday…Right?My Profile

Katie October 5, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I did the too much stevia before and wow OVER board sweetness, it ruined my cup of coffee once, I learned quick ; )

Popcorn is so damn cute! haha! I want to meet him! I mean of course meeting you would be fab too! : )

Have a great day!
Katie recently posted..What I wish { Wednesday }My Profile

Jessica @ Life by the Arch October 5, 2011 at 12:18 pm

your pup is adorable! reminds me of my little westie :)
Jessica @ Life by the Arch recently posted..St. Louis vs. OrlandoMy Profile

Michelle @ Oats n Bows October 5, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Where did you get those GF rice krispies? I need to get some myself.

I remember when my schooling including all of those things when I was a dietetics major. Now I’m just blogging all the time in my new major haha. Are you a dietetics major? I feel like I should know this haha but for some reason I don’t..
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..I workout because I’m a cookie monster…My Profile

Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate October 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Hey Michelle! Just wanted to let you know that you can find more information about the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies(R) Gluten Free with Brown RIce cereal here http://bit.ly/nn2abH.

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola October 5, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Popcorn is adorable! And I have breakfast ruts too… but I kind of like it that way? Every morning I have toast with peanut butter right when I wake up and then around 10 or so have greek yogurt, berries and granola! It keeps me full and just works for me :)
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Spaghetti Squash StressMy Profile

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun October 5, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I just bought a bag of Stevia too…but I have no idea how much to use! I suppose I should Google that ;)
Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun recently posted..Buying Your Own Domain NameMy Profile

Natalie @ will jog for food October 5, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Popcorn is the cutest puppy ever!!!
Natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..A Tale of 3 BreakfastsMy Profile

Lindsay October 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I got so excited when I saw turkey bacon. I love that stuff. So not a rut if its really delicious. Love the video of popcorn. He is just the cutest little puppy ever.
Lindsay recently posted..A Little Too Late (WIAW#2)My Profile