Fried-looking

by Brittany on October 1, 2011

Good morning sunshines :)

Yesterday I went over to the Aveda beauty school to have my hair trimmed by one of the students. You might be asking yourself why I would trust my blonde locks in the hands of a student, but to be quite honest my hair (hurr) and I have never really had a close relationship. I have a very passive attitude about it, and as long as the ends are not fried-looking, I’m set.

IMG_4723-1

It was after seeing this picture in my candy corn tribute that I decided it was time to schedule an appointment for a trim.

(Read more about the story of my hair here)

The student who trimmed it did a very good job—she took off about an inch all around and called it a day.

Oh, and the BEST part about my trim? At Aveda they give scalp massages with any haircut! Do you think they would notice if I started showing up for trims on a weekly basis?

Last night, dinner was a mumbo jumbo of veggies & beans.

Veggie mix

Sauteed onions, garlic, asparagus, kidney beans, and baby bella mushrooms.

Asparagus onion kidney beans

I was planning on putting brown rice in this dish too, but when I took out the container of leftover rice from the fridge, I ended up eating it cold as the rest of my meal cooked. Whoops 8)

Breakfast:

Finally I coaxed myself into cauldron oats! The process is a little tedious with all of the ingredients I add in so cereal & bacon usually sounds better in the mornings. A major convincing factor was the cute little mug/bowl that I ate them out of :)

Oats in a mug

1/3 cup Coach’s Oats, 1 tbsp chia seeds using chia seed method, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp hemp protein powder, 1 sliced banana, stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I topped my bowl with blueberries, Sunbutter, PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter, and unsweetened shredded coconut.

Oats in a mug close

Now that’s what I call a Saturday bowl of oats ;)

A bit to think about: How often do you get your hair cut?

A bit to do: Watch this crazy video that Will & I found yesterday!

(Hopefully Popcorn never learns to do this because I would probably start crying myself to sleep.)

Shannon October 1, 2011 at 8:27 am

Yummy eats! :)
Haha, thats such a cute dog :D
Shannon recently posted..October GoalsMy Profile

Alexandra October 1, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love when places give scalp massages with haircuts :)
Your eats sound and look great! Oh and for the record, you HAVE to try the mini candy corn pumpkins asap, your life will never be the same haha
Alexandra recently posted..October is in the air and it smells SO goodMy Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 1, 2011 at 9:00 am

Your eats sound wonderful as usual… I am going to try your chia seed method for my breakfast this morning!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Friday Favorites- Foodie EditionMy Profile

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) October 1, 2011 at 9:12 am

Mmm it all looks delicious!! Especially the bean and sauteed veggie mix :P
Glad the salon did a good job with your hair! There’s no way you can go wrong with a scalp massage :)
And and candy corn is the BEST candy (or even food ;) ) ever!!! I remember getting them when I was little, and I’m thinking I’ll be getting some more soon! They would make a great oatmeal topping :)
<3 <3
Alexandra (Veggin’ Out in the Kitchen) recently posted..WIAW – The Fast and FuriousMy Profile

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! October 1, 2011 at 9:21 am

Yum!!
When you did those veggies, did you do any spices, herbs, sauce, or oil with them?

Um I have a not great relationship with my hair, at all. I should get it trimmed more often (and a scalp massage would help with that!!) but probably only once every 2 or 3 months! yikes!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Messy Blog, Needing Pancakes, & No Snow For Me!My Profile

Sam @ owlmazing October 1, 2011 at 9:45 am

Heyy I want to see the new haircut! :P I hate my hair…so much. Stupidest texture ever, and the ends are sooo dead. ARG. No matter how many times I trim! And I look silly with short hair so I can’t cut it as short as it probably needs…oh teenage self, why did you dye your hair so much?!?
Your dinner looks soooo good btw, mm. Look at all those yummy onions!

Itty Bits of Balance October 1, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Haha it’s coming it’s coming!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Smoothie In a Bowl & September FavoritesMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 1, 2011 at 9:48 am

I am definitely trying the chia seed method tomorrow morning. I kept wanting to try it & this post reminded me again!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My FavoritesMy Profile

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking October 1, 2011 at 9:52 am

Your oatmeal looks so tasty!

I have never thought to put coconut in oatmeal..great idea!
Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking recently posted..Nerd Alert and Teenrager Turning PointMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 1, 2011 at 9:54 am

Hahaha that video is so funny! Right now I’m trying to grow my hair out so I’ve been trying to wait 10 weeks between trims..and that is hard haha. Since my hair is curly and short I need a lot of layers and they tend to grow out irregularly- so annoying.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sometimes You Just Need Some CandyMy Profile

Kat October 1, 2011 at 10:09 am

Haha dont let your puppers wwatch that video! It may rub off on him ;)
Kat recently posted..Pasta and Bean SkilletMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance October 1, 2011 at 12:44 pm

That’s a scary thought! haha ;)

Michelle @ Oats n Bows October 1, 2011 at 10:46 am

Your doggies name is Popcorn?! How cute! I thought I was being creative with my cat, Fonzie..

Those oats look soo yummy! You can’t go wrong with blueberries…
Michelle @ Oats n Bows recently posted..Feta cheese and flat tiresMy Profile

Brittany @ RunWithBritt October 1, 2011 at 10:50 am

Mmmmm, now that it’s October it’s totally oat weather!
That is so cool that Aveda gives scalp massages, that’s a win-win. :)
Brittany @ RunWithBritt recently posted..Sub 2 Hour Half!My Profile

Maria@La_Piattini October 1, 2011 at 11:41 am

I need a haircut in the worst way too! Thank goodness I have an apt scheduled for next Friday- now I just have to get through this week!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..September Goals UpdateMy Profile

LightOnMyFeet October 1, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I am the complete opposite. I love my hair to death and only get my hair cut when the dead ends get really bad. Like, really, I only get my hair cut twice a year haha. I’m really wanting that veggie/bean plate right now :P
LightOnMyFeet recently posted..Fiestaaa!My Profile

Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) October 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm

oh my gosh! my friends and i watched that same exact video yesterday hahah
Allison (Allison’s Delicious Life) recently posted..UnexpectedMy Profile