El Dia de Café

by Brittany on September 29, 2011

Happy National Coffee Day! Coffee cup

WaterPark 049

I know what you’re thinking– Ice cream cone day last week, coffee day this week— Whoever makes up these extremely important holidays has got their eyes on the prize, my friends 8)

Workout:

Because I’ve been focusing on legs the last two days, the back of my hammies were getting pretty tight. In an effort to loosen them up, I rolled out the old yoga mat and did a 40 minute Fat Burn Yoga Zone workout (part 1 and part 2).

I’ve mentioned this before, but if anyone is looking for some great yoga videos, check out the Yoga Zone channel on Hulu. Most of them are pretty short, but they’re awesome when you have a specific goal in mind or want to target a certain area (Like me & my leggies today ;) ). If I’m planning for yoga to be my only workout of the day, I’ll usually combine two of the 20-minute videos to satisfy my fix.

Lunch:

I guess I spoke too soon when I praised myself for not having cereal for breakfast, because look what just happened to pop into my lunchtime menu–

IMG_4702

Whoops :)

I do deserve some credit though for leaving out the milk! Also for making it pumpkin-ified, but that’s a whole different story.

IMG_4703

1 cup gluten-free rice crispies, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup Chobani Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, chopped gala apple, stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

IMG_4704

Now for my favorite moment of the week (next to What I Ate Wednesday, of course) –

Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday!

1. Coconut Butter: After hoarding this jar of goodness for a few months in my pantry, I finally came around to using a blob of it in my oats the other morning.

IMG_4716

What can I say? I’ve fallen in love 8)

Although the preparation process is going to take a little getting used to (finding an efficient way to warm up the jar beforehand), the fleshy coconut taste is well worth it.

2. My Glasses: These aren’t so much a “love” of my week, but rather more of a necessity.

IMG_4709

After 21 years of nearly-perfect vision, my little eyeballs have decided to blur my eyesight at a distance :(. I’ve always had glasses for seeing things that were extremely far away (like movies and class lectures), but now I’m having a difficult time seeing objects 10 feet in front of me.

IMG_4711

My family blames my deteriorating eyes on the fact that a lot more of the work I’ve been doing lately has been on a computer screen. I admit, they definitely have a point, but I can’t imagine giving up on the foodie community for the sake of my eyes! Priorities, people!

I guess I’ll just have to resort to getting myself a typist ;)

3. My $1 Fish Notepad: Do I even need to explain?

IMG_4707

:D

A bit to think about: How do you like your coffee?

What are you loving this week?

Mindy Lord September 29, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I love the notepad! I have this weird obsession with anchors, I pretty much love all swimsuits with an anchor on it and even weirder- seeing babies with anchor outfits. I guess I’m the “anchor queen” Ha!

Alexandra September 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Love the lunch combo!! Definitely gonna be whippin that baby up in the future ;) And heck ya to the dollar list pads!! I horde those at michaels, they’re perfect for grocery lists!
Alexandra recently posted..Fastest Blog Post EverMy Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It September 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm

You look awesome in the glasses! Im surprised my eyes havent gone crossed by now with all of this screen-staring, but so far so good.

I’ve been loving the most absurd snack lately – a dollop of cream cheese + a dollop of PB + the tiniest squeeze of honey. Eaten off of a spoon. So strange but sooo yummy!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Lover {Not a Fighter}My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 29, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Thanks, Faith!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Win My Heart With Candy CornMy Profile

Brittany September 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Why was I not aware of this amazing holiday?! Coffee is on my agenda every day but this made me happy :) I’ve been blind since 2nd grade so I feel your pain. My eyesight is only getting worse. My luck I’ll be legally blind by the time I’m 21! Lasik is on my mind for then!

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl September 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Breakfast for lunch is awesome! I am also glad to hear that you have fallen for coconut butter. It is pure deliciousness!

The thing I am loving this week is Kale chips. I cannot get enough!
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..25 Things You Don’t Know About MeMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race September 29, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Those are super cute glasses! I had to get some last year myself. Darn that stupid need-to-see-in-the-distance thing :(

Love the fishy note pad too :P
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..New BritchesMy Profile

Kiah September 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I noticed the yoga channel on hulu, and have been meaning to check it out. Good to know it’s a decent resource!
Kiah recently posted..an autobiographical eraMy Profile

Isabelle September 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Your not alone in not being able to see things from a distance! I have to invest in a jar of coconut butter that would make a great topping on oats.
I’m loving that the week is almost over :)
Isabelle recently posted..Tuesday & Wednesday Workout RecapMy Profile

Sam September 29, 2011 at 2:24 pm

My eyesight is not the best either! I wear glasses every. single. day. URGH. I’m getting so sick of them, after years of this! I’m thinking of trying out contacts, but unfortunately i have weirdo eyes that don’t properly close so they might just extremely dry out my eyes. AWESOME. At least there are cute options, like yours!
Sam recently posted..My day in photosMy Profile

JennKnee September 29, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Things I love….this post! Everything..even your cereal for lunch..by the way that looked yummy. and you look just lovely in glasses!
Happiest of all happy coffee days to you dear fellow coffee drinker/lover! :)
JennKnee recently posted..Just be.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Haha thank you :) I bought the Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice today and it is DELICIOUS!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Win My Heart With Candy CornMy Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 29, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Nomm coconut butter! Must get some for myself! And those blueberries look so fresh and tasty!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Judge Not Lest Ye Be JudgedMy Profile

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health September 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Aw, you look cute in glasses! I wear glasses for reading and have since 5th grade! I usually drink my coffee with some sort of creamer (right now I like So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer) and sweet and low. I know, I know, so many people think artificial sugar is awful- but I don’t think a small amount a day will kill me.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana MuffinsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 29, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Don’t worry, I ate enough Equal the first 18 years of my life to cause a shortage.
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Win My Heart With Candy CornMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I like my coffee extra bold with just a splash of skim milk which I warm up and froth so it’s like a latte. No sugar!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Mellow MushroomMy Profile

Sweet and Savvy September 29, 2011 at 3:12 pm

That stinks about your vision :( Glasses are no fun! I’ve worn contacts/glasses since I was 8!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW Round 5ish?My Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm

At least you look waaaaay cute in your glasses! :) ….What’s not to love about that $1 notepad?!? AWESOME!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..New Themes: Eight, Bold Life, and EleminMy Profile

Shannon September 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Yay! Happy national coffee day! :) Your lunch looks delish!
Shannon recently posted..Giveaway Winner & WIAW #4My Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola September 29, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Ohh happy national coffee day to you! Those yoga workouts on hulu sound great! I’m going to def look into them tonight! And I’ve been a little scared to try coconut butter myself, but maybe I’ll give it a go soon! You look cute in glasses, but have you considered contacts? I wear dailys for distance and couldn’t live without them! And love that notepad with the anchor :)
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Birthday Wrap-UpMy Profile

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog September 29, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I love having breakfast for lunch or dinner. It makes the day more interesting. And yay for national coffee day! I love drinking coffee, especially mocha flavor. :)
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..Nutritious Meal In 15 MinutesMy Profile

Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} September 29, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I asked my eye doctor, because I sit at a screen all day. he said it does not make my vision worse. So your fam is wrong :) Blog away! He did say the lighting could cause headaches for some people. but not bad eyesight.

Your note pad is to die for!!!

Itty Bits of Balance September 29, 2011 at 8:00 pm

This is music to my ears! Thank you Allie :D
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Win My Heart With Candy CornMy Profile

Lindsay @ biking before bed September 29, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Thanks for alerting me of another holiday that can’t be missed. I just had an iced pumpkin latte courtesy of Starbucks so I guess I celebrated without even knowing! I was just like you pre-college… and all through college my eyes continued to decline. Now I finally have contacts:(
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..WIAW: Ryan’s Birthday EditionMy Profile

cat @ cat's belly fat cure September 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I wonder what your doctor would say about computer screen effecting eyes? Your food looks yummy, as usual.
cat @ cat’s belly fat cure recently posted..Beach BumsMy Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 29, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I am loving warm tea right now, even though its national coffee day…haha :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Birthday WIAWMy Profile

Kathleen September 29, 2011 at 7:34 pm

AWWWWHHHHHHH! I want your lunch so badly!!!!!!
Kathleen recently posted..Why I Don’t Drink Milk!My Profile

Ellen September 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Love the glasses & we can still see those beautiful blue eyes : you gotta teaccj me how you do your eyeliner, when I do it I really look like a racoon…..

Rebecca September 29, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Cute notepad! Also, like the glasses! I was far-sighted when I first got glasses (like, 7th grade), and then it switched to near-sightedness (apparently normal). I feel like I need new glasses relatively soonish…
Rebecca recently posted..Psalms 1-2My Profile

Pure2raw twins September 29, 2011 at 10:39 pm

i have the worst eye sight, it is so sad

you look great in glasses
Pure2raw twins recently posted..recipesMy Profile