Almond Milk for Dinner

by Brittany on September 22, 2011

Happy National Ice Cream Cone Day!

Maybe I’ll be able to convince Will to go celebrate with me. Does a froyo cup count as an ice cream cone? Rolling on the floor laughing

Breakfast:

This morning, I was more than excited to see that I had an empty glass almond butter jar that was calling out for some hot oats. Due to a horrific experience during the summer of having a plastic jar literally melt on me upon oat pouring, it was reassuring to know that my chances of melting glass were pretty slim.

almond oats in a jar

Into the Mix:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds using my chia seed method
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • Sliced banana
  • Cinnamon
  • Truvia
  • Topped with: PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and Smuckers Simply Fruit strawberry jam.

almond butter

The Yin & Yang of oatmeal toppings :D

yin yang oats

My fridge situation is a foodie’s worst nightmare—I’m running out of produce, but don’t want to buy any until I know for sure what my plans are for the weekend.

Keeping this in mind, I was able to write out an elaborate grocery list that included all of my essential foodie needs:

almond milk grocery list

Almond milk for dinner anyone?

See you all later for a “Things I’m Loving Thursday” Post! Toodles 8)

A bit to think about: How often do you go grocery shopping?

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 22, 2011 at 7:53 am

At least you know you won’t be spending a lot at the grocery store! ;-)

I usually try to go only once a week, usually Sunday.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Old FaithfulMy Profile

Laura @ Special Treat's September 22, 2011 at 7:54 am

Your oatmeal looks yummooo…gah, I need to try this chia seed method! I always just through them into the mix w/out prepping them. :) Almond Milk is always at the top of my grocery list, too. Gotta have it! I try to go grocery shopping only once a week (plan our meals on Sunday and then go for the week), but sometime’s it’s more just depending on things.

I’ve been meaning to comment about the post w/your puppy sleeping in his crate with the warm milk gallon. I have NEVER heard of this and wish I would have known about it a couple years ago!!!!! I will def. try it next time we have a puppy. What a fantastic idea. :)

Itty Bits of Balance September 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Tell me about it! I was so thankful to the reader who had the idea– it seriously has been a lifesaver ever since!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Succumb to the CravingMy Profile

Laura @ Special Treat's September 22, 2011 at 7:55 am

p.s.- National Ice Cream day???? Umm…I’m so in, in my next life, I’ll eat icecream every day ;)
Laura @ Special Treat’s recently posted..Lazy SaturdayMy Profile

Alexandra September 22, 2011 at 8:06 am

Yay for ice cream cone day! I may have to make a special trip to DQ just to celebrate ;)
I usually go grocery shopping once a week, either on Friday or Sunday. It’s dangerous for me when I don’t have a list though…I tend to buy a lot of random cool stuff haha
Alexandra recently posted..WIDOAW!My Profile

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog September 22, 2011 at 8:07 am

National ice cream day?! Awesome. Now, if there was a National Frozen Yogurt Day that would be steller. ;)
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..Have I EverMy Profile

Sarah September 22, 2011 at 8:21 am

I have yet to make breakfast in a jar! Yours looks delicious! Also checked out your other post with the melted jar, haha :)
Sarah recently posted..Sweet Potato and Chickpea SoupMy Profile

Lyndsie September 22, 2011 at 8:31 am

Froyo totally counts! :)

I usually grocery shop once a week (Saturdays). Every now and then I have to swing buy the store to grab meat or something that I didn’t want to purchase ahead of time.
Lyndsie recently posted..WIAW and Snack DrawersMy Profile

Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl September 22, 2011 at 8:35 am

Um, how did I miss the memo for National Ice Cream Cone Day?! Gosh, I am glad I found your blog!!!!

I grocery shop about twice a week, unless I have a stressful week, and then I will just go to the grocery store and walk down the aisles to relax! Ha! I am so lame!
Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (Paleo Peeps: Avert Your Eyes!)My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

HAHA I love this! I admit, food can sooth my soul too :D
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Succumb to the CravingMy Profile

Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 22, 2011 at 8:36 am

After making a smoothie with about 1/8 of a cup of almond milk and water… I just made the same grocery list! I try to go once a week… but sometimes i need a mid week quick visit too! How was I unaware of this holiday! I am definitely going to celebrate.
Lindsay@bikingbeforebed recently posted..WIAW: Raspberry EditionMy Profile

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen September 22, 2011 at 8:45 am

Hey…grocery shopping is all about priorities, right?
Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen recently posted..O-dinary to Extr-O-dinaryMy Profile

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 22, 2011 at 8:56 am

I love the idea of a grocery shopping routine and plan, but I end up just running to the store at the last minute to grab whatever I need for the next meal.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..90 Calorie Pumpkin MuffinsMy Profile

Madeline (Food, Fitness, and Family) September 22, 2011 at 9:04 am

I grocery shop once a week (normally early Saturday morning). I make a meal plan from Saturday-Friday and shop that way. It has helped the hubs and I cut back on unnecessary dinners out haha. Although, being pregnant I get a buy if I suddenly want something else ;) Only 3 (4 at the most) more weeks to use that excuse though!
Madeline (Food, Fitness, and Family) recently posted..WIAW #7My Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 22, 2011 at 9:05 am

Yum! That jar looks overflowing and amazing!! :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Eggcellent Idea WIAW.My Profile

Britt @runwithbritt September 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thank you Britt for giving me a real excuse for getting some fro-yo today! :)
Britt @runwithbritt recently posted..Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday #3My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I do what I can ;)

Emma September 22, 2011 at 10:43 am

Hey, that’s on my grocery list too! High five! I do have other stuff on there though…I’m not as hardcore as you :)

Fro-yo is a MUST on this holiday…I mean it’s pretty much mandatory.

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race September 22, 2011 at 10:50 am

LOL! That list is fantastic. I always draw a blank when writing grocery lists?!
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..Come ON!My Profile

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense September 22, 2011 at 11:01 am

I’m at TJ’s almost daily… there’s always something that we need: almond milk, cereal, fruits, veggies, bread… never ending!!
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Healthy (Family Friendly) Dinner Recipes Part 1My Profile

Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City September 22, 2011 at 11:13 am

how is the Dark Chocolate dreams?? i’ve only tried the white chocolate one & the cinnamon raisin. both good!
Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City recently posted..Hey Lady, Eat a Salad!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm

AMAZING! It literally tastes just like chocolate
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Succumb to the CravingMy Profile

JennKnee September 22, 2011 at 11:24 am

You made me wish I made oats for breakfast. Looked good! Weird thing..I love Almond milk..except for in my coffee. For some reason I think it is the greatest in everything except coffee. So because I drink my java every morning…I buy Dairyland Lactose Free Milk – and I quite like it.
JennKnee recently posted..Cow Round UpMy Profile

Sara K September 22, 2011 at 11:34 am

Is it actually national ice cream day? Cool! The weather here is hot and I already have fro yo plans (i know that’s cheating but oh well)…so yayy :)
Sara K recently posted..Stuff I’ll Endorse Once I Become FamousMy Profile

Nikki September 22, 2011 at 11:41 am

That looks yummy!!! :) And any excuse for some fro yo is fine by me!

Also, I have never had almond milk. I don’t particularly like milk…is it anything like it?
Nikki recently posted..Dark chocolate peanut butter?!My Profile

Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm

National ice cream day? Who thought of this wonderful holiday? They deserve a medal. :)
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Running Playlist and Red Carpet PremierMy Profile

Brittany September 22, 2011 at 12:07 pm

OIAJ is the best!! love it. I feel like I am ALWAYS grocery shopping. I go about every week.

Kat September 22, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I go grocery shopping about once or twice a week!!! Mostly just once, and its to restock on my produce! Or to pick up an ingredient to use in dinner :)
Kat recently posted..Vegas Baby!My Profile

Cait @ Cait hates Cake September 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I do BIG grocery shopping once a week or once every two weeks. In addition to that, I stop into Whole Foods a few times a week (it’s across the street from my gym – too convenient!) and I go to Trader Joe’s every 2-3 weeks.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..SleepytimeMy Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola September 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Ohh I need to make oats in a jar!! Those look delish! But good call on the note about using a glass jar because I def would have tried my plastic one! And haha love that you took the time to write down almond milk on a grocery list! You could make a smoothie with it perhaps? And I go grocery shopping every 1-2 weeks but sometimes I’ll stretch it to 3 if I know that I’ll be going out a lot!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..The Great Grape FestivalMy Profile

cat @ cat's belly fat cure September 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm

You’re funny. Love the grocery list. Ha. I go grocery shopping 2-3 times per week. My gym is right beside a grocery, so I go there frequently. Thanks for the response. I’ll check out your okra post.
cat @ cat’s belly fat cure recently posted..A Picture Is Worth a Thousand WordsMy Profile