Will vs. Popcorn

by Brittany on September 15, 2011

If you’re having a bad day, watch this and try not to smile.

(If the video isn’t working for you, click here)

Popcorn has finally gotten over the initial shock of being in a new location, and he’s starting to feel comfortable enough to run around, play, poop everywhere, and attack Will. We’re trying our best to train him, but the vet even told us that at 10 weeks, his brain isn’t nearly fully developed enough to recognize potty training when he sees it.

The one thing he has learned so far is “fetch” and he loves to chase after his little brown monkey (which is the size of him, might I add), grab it, make it squeak, then run it back over to me so I can throw it again. He’s mommy’s little angel :D

Breakfast:

No early classes for me today, so my cauldron of oats was a success! Until yesterday morning’s post, I’ve never truly paid attention to how long it takes me to cook a beast bowl of oatmeal. Let’s just say that by the time I added in all the goodies, a solid 30 minutes had passed… Whoops

Butternut squash oats cook

For the sake of change, I added some of the leftover butternut squash puree from yesterday’s parfait into the mix, which was awesome :) Who knew that pumpkin’s distant relative would hurt so good. :D

Butternut squash oats

Butternut Squash Oats:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup butternut squash puree
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds (using chia seed method)
  • Truvia
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Topped with: Unsweetened shredded coconut, Sunbutter, and PB & Co. chocolate peanut butter.

Butternut squash oat bowl

Because there’s no such thing as oatmeal that is TOO thick. ;)

See you all later for “Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday”!

A bit to think about: Who do you have your money on, Will or Popcorn?

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense September 15, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love the Fall themed oatmeal!! I haven’t tried butternut squash oats yet. I have one sitting on the counter so I might just try some in my oats =) And yes, the thicker the oats the better!!
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..High Protein Sweet Potato SoupMy Profile

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze September 15, 2011 at 8:48 am

Oh my gosh popcorn is so TINY!! so stinkin cute! I’ve definitely got my money on popcorn ;)
Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze recently posted..Do You Look Forward or Back?My Profile

Emma September 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

oooh, I can’t wait to watch that video when I’m not at work! (Tsk tsk, Emma, reading blogs at work)

Butternut squash is one of my favorite veggies EVER. I can only imagine that it tastes heavenly in oatmeal. Keep that cauldron bubbling!

RunToTheFinish September 15, 2011 at 9:23 am

love the idea of using the squash in oats, that really never occurred to me!
RunToTheFinish recently posted..Change AgentsMy Profile

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life September 15, 2011 at 9:52 am

Okay you are right that video did make me smile! hahaha soooo cute!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Baked Ravioli & Vegetable CasseroleMy Profile

Nikki September 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

Oh my gosh! I just died laughing at work watching that video! Sorry, Will, I vote for Popcorn! The little puppies never get tired of biting/fighting/playing!!
Nikki recently posted..Protein DayMy Profile

Jessica September 15, 2011 at 10:41 am

Sorry Will but my money would be on Popcorn. She’s so dinky but she’s got some spirit in her! She’s absolutely adorable!
Errr…squash oats sound like a party in the mouth! Next time I have some , this is happening!
Jessica recently posted..WIAW 12My Profile

Lyndsie September 15, 2011 at 11:21 am

Looks like Popcorn won that battle :) He is just the cutest little man.
Lyndsie recently posted..FreezingMy Profile

nikki September 15, 2011 at 11:24 am

Aww… Popcorn is SO cute!!
I tend to make my stovetop oats in batches too… as I really don’t have that much time in the morning once as I am getting 3 people ready! Have a great day Brittany!
nikki recently posted..Renos and OatsMy Profile

Ally September 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

My money is on popcorn, who could resist that adorable fur ball? And all that energy? Geez. Popcorn wins hands down. :)
Ally recently posted..Half dayMy Profile

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog September 15, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Butternut squash sounds like a good substitution for pumpkin since I hate pumpkin. Also, popcorn is so tiny and cute! :)
Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog recently posted..What I Wore: WednesdayMy Profile