I Need My Salsa

by Brittany on September 13, 2011

Good morning guys! SunThumbs upSnail

I’m so glad that you all are loving the photos of Popcorn and his little adventures as a pup. He loves you guys too! (Really, he does. He’s usually sitting or sleeping in my lap as I blog, unless he’s already too busy attacking Will in the next room ;) )

Breakfast:

Today was an old favorite with a dash of cinnamon.

IMG_3785

Two slices of Ener-G brown rice toast with a slather of Sunbutter, a sliced banana, and a bit of cinnamon.

IMG_3782

With some turkey bacon

Note: If you ever want to win me over, turkey bacon for breakfast is a fantastic way to start ;)

Salsa Class:

I have a confession, part of the reason I signed up for a salsa class at school is because I have secretly always wanted to go to a legitimate salsa club and give everyone the impression that 1. I had rhythm, and 2. I knew how to salsa. Thanks to a little site I discovered called INeedMySalsa.com, I’m now able to locate the hottest salsa clubs in all of Orlando.

Cubalibre

Cuba Libre sounds like a good pick, but I’m a little discouraged that techno and salsa are paired together in the same setting. Techno-dancing is not my forte… (whatever that means)

sambaroom

The Samba Room might work out, but I’m a little hesitant with the warning about it getting too hot inside. I know in clubs it gets a little heated with everyone dancing close together, but does the fact that they included a warning mean that it gets especially hot? Even more importantly, are they talking about the music or the temperature?

Maybe if I’m lucky I’ll be able to coax Will into one of these clubs with me. Maybe if I’m even luckier I’ll bring Popcorn in my purse ;)

A bit to think about: Have you ever been to a salsa club?

Mer @mersworld September 13, 2011 at 7:07 am

Never been to a salsa club, but it sounds fun! I think the class is a great way to get excited for it! I can only imagine how hot it gets in there between the temp outside and everyone dancing! Can’t wait to hear your report when you go!
Mer @mersworld recently posted..Healthy Living Tips- Celebrate Progress!My Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 13, 2011 at 8:03 am

Going to a a salsa club sounds AWESOME! I bet it won’t tae too much coaxing to get will to take you! He’d be crazy to not want to go!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fun Facts!My Profile

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 13, 2011 at 8:09 am

I wish I could go to a salsa club! Sounds amazing….:)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Madness Monday….and Salmon RubsMy Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 13, 2011 at 8:14 am

Awhhh this is amazing!! So jealous you have this :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..“The New Rules…” Reality CheckMy Profile

Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate September 13, 2011 at 8:26 am

Your breakfast looks yummy! And I think great minds must think alike. I added sliced bananas and peanut butter to my Kellogg’s FiberPlus(R) Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cereal this morning. Its not exactly the same, but pretty similar sans the bread.

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 13, 2011 at 8:36 am

My parents go to Samba Room for dinner a lot. Although I haven’t been, I haven’t heard them complain about the heat or anything. May you could go a little earlier for dinner and then ease into the evening? Sounds like fun!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..KnightlyMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 13, 2011 at 10:04 am

Ooo that sounds like a great idea, Jessica :)

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense September 13, 2011 at 8:47 am

Techno salsa dancing?!! Interesting combo… Not sure if I would like the “hot” one either. Nothing like being trapped like sardines in a bar =) I can’t help but have the song by Nelly in my head now lol!!
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Vegan French Toast (gluten-free)My Profile

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter September 13, 2011 at 9:10 am

I’ve never been to a salsa club because I can’t do the salsa…or actually, I can’t do any form of dance :P I wouldn’t worry about the warning though-with all the bodies dancing it’s going to be steaming in there, I don’t think it’ll be “extra” hot.
I think you should go Salsa Dancing!! It sounds like a BLAST! :)
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..confession timeMy Profile

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 13, 2011 at 9:12 am

When I first read your post title, I thought you were talking about salsa salsa… like the kind that comes in a jar, and I’m like… me too! I have a slight addiction to salsa, and its kind of a tragedy if I run out :shock:

But the other kind of salsa is just as awesome! I’ve been to a few clubs, and they’re tonnes of fun. I’m pretty much in love with any place that lets me get my dance on, though :D
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the great meat debate .My Profile

Nikki September 13, 2011 at 9:17 am

That would be so freaking fun to go to a salsa club! Though I think I would make a fool out of myself but I am ok with that!

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 13, 2011 at 9:20 am

I’ve never been to a salsa club, and would probably make a fool of myself if I went, but they seem like so much fun! Go get your groove on girl! ;-)
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Balsamic Baked Tilapia and RambutansMy Profile

Lyndsie September 13, 2011 at 9:35 am

I have never been to a salsa club, only regular dance clubs. The hubs and I took salsa lessons in college but we never were able to master the moves. I would actually love to go to a salsa club but I know I would feel so out of place with my two left feet. :)
Lyndsie recently posted..Run Lyndsie, RunMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 13, 2011 at 10:08 am

Aw that’s awesome that you guys took a salsa class together! You should tell your hubby to convince Will to get his salsa on with me ;)

Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 13, 2011 at 9:43 am

Haha Brittany this made me laugh today :) Your last paragraph about the “too hot” hot warning is totally the thought process I have. it must be extra hot in there if they had to warn you – but really are they refering to the music and “sexuality” of it or the temp? haha!!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Let’s Talk About Meal PlanningMy Profile

Emma September 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

I love that there is a website just for salsa clubs! I suppose there is a website for everything nowadays, huh.

Maybe go to the “hot” one in the wintertime? Then it’ll feel GOOD in there. And definitely bring popcorn..he’ll be the belle of the ball fo sho.

Itty Bits of Balance September 13, 2011 at 10:10 am

HAHA Can I please just say that your comments ALWAYS make me laugh out loud? Ask Will, he knows you as “Emma who leaves funny comments” :D

Emma @ Microcosm of Life September 14, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Baaahahaha i love it!!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..ElevenMy Profile

Jordan September 13, 2011 at 10:04 am

yummm peanut butter toast :)
good for you for wanting to salsa!! i am seriously SO uncoordinated when it comes to dancing…it’s pathetic!
Jordan recently posted..A Burger with GrandpaMy Profile

thehealthyapron September 13, 2011 at 10:40 am

no! but that sounds super fun!!
thehealthyapron recently posted..Broccoli and Rice CasseroleMy Profile

MirandaK @ Miranda's Munchies September 13, 2011 at 10:46 am

The first time I ever went to a salsa club was so much fun! We danced the night away and I swore that I was going to come back the next weekend. Then, the very next day, the salsa club burned down. to the ground. It was a little discouraging!

However, it was eventually rebuilt and that’s where I had my stagette at. It was a lot of fun! You should totally go asap!
MirandaK @ Miranda’s Munchies recently posted..Pita CelebrationMy Profile

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

I went to a salsa class in Italy with my cousins when I was 20 and studying abroad in Spain. They didn’t speak English, I didn’t speak Italian and let’s just say I cannot move my body in the ways salsa requires. It was “an experience” that’s for sure!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Crispy shallot brussel sprouts & giveaway winner!My Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race September 13, 2011 at 11:15 am

I’ve always wanted to learn how to salsa! Sounds like a blast! EVen if it does get hot :D
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..Monday Spinning DazeMy Profile

Kris | iheartwellness.com September 13, 2011 at 11:26 am

I really want to try salsa class…..*whinny voice* it looks and sounds like so much fun!!!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Tighten Tuesday – Handling StressMy Profile

nikki September 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

Maybe they mean “Hot” as in risque… ;) I would maybe get Popcorn a babysitter as I think he needs to keep his innocence a little longer!
nikki recently posted..Gremlins don’t like Veggie LasagnaMy Profile

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog September 13, 2011 at 11:48 am

I’ve actually been to both. I wasn’t a fan of the techno with Salsa combo either, but overall it wasn’t bad. Zamba room is straight latin music & it’s smaller than Cuba Libre so you may want to start there. I have yet to find good salsa clubs in town, if you find one let me know!
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Morning Quarterback.My Profile

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) September 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I would love to go to a salsa club, but I think that I would like a few lessons first so that I don’t look too stupid!
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Gold Challenge Update: In Praise of WalkingMy Profile

Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run September 13, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hubs and I used to take salsa lessons at Salsa Heat on Colonial (near Boardwalk Bowl). It was a LOT of fun. I have no idea why we stopped going. I even had just brought “real” dance shoes and then we stopped going. :-( We also used to take Argentine Tango which we LOVED. Of course, we barely remember any of it now.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..The Girly Hair PostMy Profile