Quick & Painless

by Brittany on September 12, 2011

Lunch today was quick and painless.

IMG_3765

Chopped Gala apple, 1 cup Erewhon crispy brown rice cereal, Chobani Greek yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. To top it off, I spooned a Sunbutter snake on the top.

IMG_3767

I’ve never been one to top cereals or parfaits with nut butter—I always was under the impression that it was just going to harden and lose the smooth and creamy factor that it has topped on my beloved bowl of oats. Today I decided to give it a whirl and I immediately fell in love. Thinking back, how did I ever doubt nut butter in the first place! I apologize to all of the naked bowls of cereal and yogurt that I’ve wronged :(

Guess where I’m heading off to…

I’ll give you a hint: I’m getting class credit hours for it, I’m working on having perfect form, and I have yet to score a 100…

image

Source

(Oh Google, how you never seem to fail me with an image search..)

Bowling is right! I’ll be back to check in again before I leave to shake my salsa bootay—Toodles!

A bit to think about: What’s your favorite thing to put nut butter on?

Nikki September 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I think my favorite way to enjoy nut butters would be on rice cakes or graham crackers!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I’m not sure I can even pick a favorite thing. Probably oatmeal if I had to choose but seriously, that’s a tough one! My goal in bowling is to try and bowl my weight. It seldomly happens :(
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sunday fun dayMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Haha! That’s a freakin awesome strategy!

Shannon September 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I like topping my oatmeal and bananas with peanut butter and I love making a simple peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch or as a snack :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 12, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Hahaha what a random picture!! ;)

And I demand more Popcorn pictures, by the way!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Birthdays last a week, right?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Your wish is my command :D

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 12, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I love peanut butter & apples as a snack after work; yes, I’m 5!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: Love GrownMy Profile

Brittany September 12, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I put but butter on everything. I should probably be checked into nut butter anonymous haha. I put it in cereal, yogurt bowls, oatmeal, toast, fruit, pretzels, etc :)

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Sign me up as well ;)

Alexa @ Simple Eats September 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I love putting nut butter on crackers, apples, bananas, toast…you name it! Oh, and chocolate chips are good, too :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..A Saturday Of FavoritesMy Profile

Cait's Plate September 12, 2011 at 5:23 pm

YAY! So glad you discovered how amazing oats topped with nut butter can be!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pears are Back in TownMy Profile

Alexis September 12, 2011 at 6:14 pm

My favorite way to eat nut butter is on banana or a sweet potato :) I also like to put warmed nut butter in my cold overnight oats!
Alexis recently posted..Food RutMy Profile

sarah@spinach and spice September 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Oh my, I do almost the exact same combo!
Except I dice a Pink Lady, layer it with a dollop of cottage cheese, drown it in almond breeze, and sprinkle kashi go lean on top with cinnamon. I’m not a huge fan of cottage cheese, but it’s just enough saltiness to bring out the sweetness of the apple and cinnamon! Great minds think alike ;)
sarah@spinach and spice recently posted..Spanish Cuisine, Southern ComfortMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 6:53 pm

WOW! That sounds great– I’ve honestly have never fathomed putting cottage cheese into the mix. Thanks Sarah :) You’ve perked my curiosity…

Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 12, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I love nut butter in a smoothie—and you can’t go wrong putting it on a banana. :)

The new blog is beautiful!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Ben and Jerry’s and Back to BostonMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Thanks Casey!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bag of PopcornMy Profile

Mallory @ It's Only Life September 12, 2011 at 6:50 pm

i prefer nut butter directly from the jar to my mouth! lol!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Munchkin MondayMy Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body September 12, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I haven’t been bowling in ages! Have fun :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Chias in My Soup!My Profile

sarah (onedayiwillseethesun) September 13, 2011 at 7:29 am

man I am new to trying nut butters on oats and fruit and yogurt creations but I love it so much. it really is the perfect combo!!