It’s not 4:45 AM…

by Brittany on September 12, 2011

Good morning guys :)

Catching up on the weekend?

I really appreciate all of the new puppy advice you guys have been leaving in the comment section! The first two nights with Popcorn have been a little overly hectic due to the fact that he’s so tiny & has the tendency to get into things very easily.

Last night when I went to Zumba, I thought it would be a good time to start leaving Popcorn in his crate. The class was only an hour long so I thought that he’d be fine for such a short period, right? Well—tell that to the poop covered puppy I came home to…

IMG_3689-1

The joys of motherhood, eh? ;)

Breakfast:
This morning was one for the books—I slept in until 7:00 AM! My mornings of natural 4:45 wakeups are great because I have an opportunity to get a head start on my day, but they really start to eat away at my energy level when they happen more than a few days in a row. Last night I slept like a baby 8)

And also like a baby, I woke up crying because I was hungry.

Okay—maybe not crying, but we’re in the same ball park ;)

IMG_3749

1 cup Erewhon gluten-free mixed berry cereal, 1/2 sliced banana, and a handful of blueberries for an extra berry overdose.

IMG_3752

Turkey bacon on the side.

Have a great Monday everyone!

A bit to think about: What time do you typically wake up if you don’t have anywhere to be?

nicole @ simply Nicole September 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

haha, still can’t get over how cute that puppy is! you could fit it into your purse if you wanted!
nicole @ simply Nicole recently posted..Why Blogging is Harder Than You ThinkMy Profile

Kat September 12, 2011 at 9:32 am

I was MIA this weekend and I now regret it!! Im gunna have to go catch up on your life!! Your blog looks amazing, and your puppers is adorable!! I remember bringing Opie home. She was only 5 weeks and I had to bottle feed her. My little baby :) Enjoy motherhood!!!
Kat recently posted..Should Obese Children Be Taken Away From Their Parents?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:16 am

Thanks so much Kat! You bottle fed her?! How ADORABLE! Popcorn is 10 weeks, but he still acts like a fetus (pooping and peeing where he sleeps and all)

Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run September 12, 2011 at 9:51 am

haha, no pics of the poop covered puppy?

I think I usually wake up at 9. I try to sleep in till 10, but my early bird husband brushes his teeth so loud I can’t sleep through it. Can’t he wait an hour for oral hygiene? Sheesh.

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

HAHA! This made me laugh out loud. Not gonna lie, I’m KIND of guilty of waking Will up with my hardcore teeth brushing at 5:00 AM… :D

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

Aw, mother-hood haha. At least you have a new pet that wants to see you- mine is still hiding under the bed most of the time :(. I keep praying for him to come around. If I don’t have anywhere to be I usually wake up around 8…although that could change if I’m really tired or I went to bed much later haha.

Another question- I’ve probably already asked you this but I can’t remember. Who are you self-hosted through? I’m trying to decide if I want to do it or not. I just don’t want to spend a huge chunk of money right away- they all say that they are a certain amount “monthly” but then when I look you have to pay it all up front…grrr.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Is It Real Hunger?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:18 am

Awww haha! Actually, Popcorn has been hiding under my bed while I’m here too! I’m convinced he’s just using it as a spot to hide his poop and pee though… :(

And I’m hosted through GoDaddy– I definitely recommend it. You have SO much more freedom with your blog, plugins, and layouts. The only downfall is the expense, but if you’re serious about it I say go for it!
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..It’s not 4:45 AM…My Profile

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense September 12, 2011 at 10:07 am

Let me first tell you that I LOVE your new blog design!! I’ve been wanting to get a customs header but need to find the right person/company to do it (at the right price)!! I’ve been able to do everything else myself but the custom header is definitely something I need a professional to do. And your puppy is just adorable =)
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Get Your Protein On With Peanut Flour & Krispy TreatsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

Thank you so much, Lisa! The header thing is no joke, it took me an entire day to conquer :(

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 12, 2011 at 10:14 am

Aw, he is so so cute!! I think he’ll get used to his crate soon. If I don’t have to be anywhere I will usually wake up around 8 or 9 without my alarm…but I always lay in bed for a few extra minutes to soak up all the comfiness!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Everyday I’m ShufflingMy Profile

Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 12, 2011 at 10:16 am

It’s hard work being a puppy mama :)

I wake up at really different times, there’s really no predicting it! But during the week I usually wake up a few minutes before my alarm at 6.30.
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Homemade LatteMy Profile

Sweet and Savvy September 12, 2011 at 10:16 am

My natural wake up time is usually between 6:30 and 7:30 if j don’t have anywhere to go.. I’m an awful teenager!

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:19 am

Don’t worry, I’m an awful college student

Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 12, 2011 at 10:18 am

OH my gosh brittany, this is an adorable puppy! I am so glad you got a dog :) They add a little bit more happiness to your day everyday!!!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Monday Mini MassageMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 10:20 am

Thanks Andrea :)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..It’s not 4:45 AM…My Profile

Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 12, 2011 at 10:38 am

If I don’t have anywhere to be I like to wake up around 8:30… that seems to leave me rejuvenated! Well only if I go to sleep before midnight!
So glad you slept in girl… sleep is just amazing, simple as that :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..“The New Rules…” Reality CheckMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

I naturally wake up between 8 or 9 if I don’t set an alarm, which is a big deal for me. I remember the days when I could sleep in until past noon no sweat! Even now, I could lay in bed all day drifting in and out of sleep if I don’t force myself to get up.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..9/11/11My Profile

Faith @ For the Health of It September 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Haha, same here! I was just thinking about how I managed to stay in bed till 2 in college without fail! I’d love to drift in and out if I could but I hate being in bed in the morning if I’m awake, so I’m usually up and about by 9 at the latest.
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Another Song About the WeekendMy Profile

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race September 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

He is so stinking cute! I’d be willing to over look that poopie mess once I saw that face! He’ll get it figured out though :D
Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..September 11My Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 12, 2011 at 11:02 am

Oh, the joys of a dirty crate!

I honestly don’t know what time I’d wake up if I didn’t have anywhere to be. I ALWAYS set my alarm, even on the weekends, because I don’t want to sleep the day away!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: Love GrownMy Profile

Alexandra September 12, 2011 at 11:07 am

Aww poor little guy. Well he’s still super cute, poop and all! :D
I usually wake up around 5 or 5:30 every day even if i dont have stuff going on. I’m an early morning granny!
Alexandra recently posted..WWE Y’allMy Profile

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze September 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

I sleep until around 7:30 or 8, but I wish I could easily get up at 6! I would get so much more accomplished. I’m going to have to force myself to start getting up that early starting next week.
Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze recently posted..Chocolate and BaconMy Profile

Lyndsie September 12, 2011 at 11:22 am

So. Stinkin. Cute! I know you are such a proud mama! :)

I remember the potty training with our pups. We came home to our fair share of poopy crates. But even with the mess you can’t help but smile because they are just the cutest things on the planet.

Enjoy the puppy times! :)
Lyndsie recently posted..Decorations PleaseMy Profile

Nikki September 12, 2011 at 11:25 am

I usually wake up by 8…one time I slept in until 9 and just about had a heart attack out of shock!!!

And poor Popcorn…he will learn quickly!
Nikki recently posted..Seafood SaturdayMy Profile

Maren (Maren's Morsels) September 12, 2011 at 11:45 am

I usually wake up at 7am but I can get up earlier. I’m not one of those people who can’t function before 10am.
Maren (Maren’s Morsels) recently posted..eats! 9.11.11My Profile

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 12, 2011 at 11:49 am

I naturally wake up early, too! Not 4:45 though..that’s EARLLLYY! If I have no where to go and have no need to set an alarm, I wake up around 7:30 :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My Role as a Body GuardMy Profile

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 12, 2011 at 11:51 am

Haha ohhhh how I don’t miss dealing with puppy poop and trying to watch my pup like a hawk so that she didn’t squat on the carpet. Is it just me or will they be all innocent and angelic while you watch them, and then pee/poop in the one second you look away? Shifty little buggers. But oh so cute!

And I don’t even remember the last time I slept in until 7… I’m usually up by 5 or 5:30, even if I don’t have anywhere to go. One time I slept in until 6:15 and it was like whaaaaaat? I can’t even imagine how I used to sleep in until 11 or 12…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... the great meat debate .My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I feel like that’s the story of my life! They’re so freaking smart!

Molly September 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

8 Am is considered sleeping in to me. I prefer 7- 7:30 if I have no where to be.

Emma September 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I will never get tired of the puppy pictures. I mean for the love of cuteness that thing is ADORABLE.

I usually wake up at 6am on weekdays, but ideally I would sleep till 9. Later than that, and I feel a little tooooo lazy :)

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters September 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

If I have nowhere to be, I’d wake up around 9. My problem is that I don’t get to bed until midnight. I really really really need to work on that!! I should set a goal… go to bed 5 minutes earlier than the previous day until I hit 10:15pm … that could work. Hmmm this got me thinking. Thanks!
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..Quick + By the Numbers!My Profile

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites September 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Ahhh I am JUST catching up with your posts from the weekend… Popcorn is so darn CUTE! I used to have a pug, Artie, for 8 months, but he lives with my cousin and her husband now… my job/schedule/life changed so much that I just didn’t have the time he deserved and needed. I miss him terribly but I am SO glad he is still in the family.

Puppies don’t have strong bowels yet and need to go to the bathroom like ALL the time haha training is a process and can be frustrating but you’ll get there.

If I get enough sleep I wake up naturally just after 7am… and lately I have been SUPER hungry every morning! I almost feel like crying from hunger too! haha ;)
Sarah @ Sarah’s Modern Bites recently posted..Green Yogurt, Learning to Love the Elliptical, and Table Dancing?My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Thank you Sarah! He definitely is adorable :)
I’m trying my best to be patient with him– I feel like a mother haha

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun September 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm

You got a puppy?! Oh my, I have some reading to do ;)

I usually wake up around 5:15. BLAH.
Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun recently posted..Football Obsessed HusbandMy Profile