Young & Naive

by Brittany on September 10, 2011

Thank you guys for all of the positive feedback on the new look Itty Bits has got goin’ on around here. I’d be lying if I said that it was a quick fix—definitely a process that took a huge chunk of my day. But I’m happy with the end result so it was worth being locked up in my room with my CSS coding manual.

Continuing on with the green monster talk, I came across an old smoothie recipe that I submitted to Angela’s green monster site last year!

image

Apparently my long-haired self & that smoothie were having a grand ole time ;)

However, I do NOT know what I was thinking by spreading the word about putting kale in a spinach smoothie. Definitely too bold of an ingredient for me to enjoy nowadays—but what can I say? I was young and naive ;)

Dinner:

A long day of blog editing calls for a beastly dinner.

Chicken potatoes and green beans

I roasted up some of my baby potatoes with an onion, along with some green beans on the side.

Roasted Potatoes

Roasted green beans

Served with a chicken patty seasoned with salt & pepper.

chicken patty

Now I know what you guys are thinking: You’re all dying to know what Will ate for dinner tonight! Remember his little meal concoction from a few nights ago?

Hot dog wrap dinner

Lets just say that his sliced- hot dog ketchup wrap is a new favorite in his book.

Will & I were planning on going to the UCF football game tonight, but decided that we would much rather use up some free movie passes we’ve had in our back pockets. Contagion is the pick for tonight!

Have a great night 8)

A bit to think about: Do you dislike any meals in particular that you used to love?

STUFT Mama September 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Ha ha! i was all about kale in smoothies too when I started blogging and then I soon realized that it juts wasn’t that great. :) Spinach is sooo the way to go. :) Love the new look! Wish it didn’t take so much time though huh? :) Sitting in front of the computer can be exhausting. :)
STUFT Mama recently posted..No Power, No ProblemMy Profile

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli September 10, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hey Brittany! I just stumbled across your blog from The Healthy Diva! I tried experimenting with different greens in my smoothies earlier this year when I decided one random week that I wasn’t going grocery shopping until I was out of everything besides ketchup (you know those times! Haha!). I tried kale and collard greens but both are just too tough I think for blending into smoothies, but I did have some luck with a package of spring mix…yes I am well aware that I basically put lettuce in a smoothie, but hey, it worked! ;)

Love the look of your boyfriend’s man wrap! It’s so funny to see guys when they get all excited about a new culinary “masterpiece”!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..California Friday #2My Profile

Maren (Maren's Morsels) September 10, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I like your new blog a lot. Your new header is super cute.
Maren (Maren’s Morsels) recently posted..Get Serious in SeptemberMy Profile

Emma @ Microcosm of Life September 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm

That dinner is so simple yet so delicious. Roasted green beans are my favorite thing EVER. Also, love the new header, and I’m glad you still have the jelly beans :)
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Big Girl ShoesMy Profile

Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 10, 2011 at 8:23 pm

The blog is looking beautiful, Brittany! Can you make mine pretty now? K, thanks! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicago Street ShowMy Profile

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 10, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I just now saw your new “look”, and I love it!! It looks great. I can’t believe you did that by yourself. I am SO NOT tech savvy and definitely would not have the patience to whip that out. Way to go!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Family Reunion + Easy DinnerMy Profile

Kathryn @ Flopoodle September 10, 2011 at 9:50 pm

LOVE the blog makeover! It looks so fun and cute!

I actually stopped eating green monsters (with spinach) for a while because I suddenly went off spinach. Not sure why, but maybe I should try to work it back in because they’re so healthy.

Have a great weekend!
Kathryn @ Flopoodle recently posted..Grillin And ChillinMy Profile

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 10, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I used to LOVE instant mashed potatoes when I was little. You know, the kind where you just add water to some boxed powder and magically make mashed potatoes. Now I can’t eat mashed potatoes that aren’t made from REAL potatoes!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..70′s Cake!My Profile

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 10, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Eeee I remember adding kale to a green smoothie as well, and nearly gagging as a result. Definitely not something that I’ll be repeating any time soon. Or ever :lol: And I can’t really think of any meals that I used to love that I can’t stand now. If anything, it’s the opposite. Basically everything I eat now is stuff that I couldn’t stand back in the day.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... saturday confessions .My Profile

Molly September 10, 2011 at 11:54 pm

i don’t really dislike meals really but I used to have a serious sweet tooth.. but definitely not so much many more. I actually kinda of despise really sweet things. it’s strange how your taste buds change.
Molly recently posted..I’m kind of obsessed…My Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 11, 2011 at 7:14 am

your new bloggie makeover looks great and as i tell people who dont have a blog, you have NO IDEA the amt of TIME it takes to do even the simplest!!! things re the tech side of blogging. Yes, HALF DAYS are eaten up in the blink of an eye. CSS sheets, coding, googling, praying you dont delete your blog..yep, been there!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Weekend PicturesMy Profile