After purchasing two bags-worth of honey gold potatoes on sale at Publix yesterday, I decided that the best way to use them up would be in the form of a winter-vegetable soup. I threw together this boyfriend-approved quick and healthy soup recipe, packed with good-for-you veggies and white kidney beans. The best part is that it’s easily adaptable, so feel free to add or subtract any vegetables you’d like!
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cups of sliced potatoes (I used honey gold)
- 1 can Cannellini white kidney beans (19 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 can vegetable broth (16 oz.)
- 1 can of water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Creole seasoning
- Salt & pepper
1. In a large pot, combine carrots, green beans, onion, potatoes, kidney beans, spinach, vegetable broth, and water.
2. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, then cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes. Add in oregano and seasonings to taste.
A bit to think about: Do you prefer broth or cream-based soups?