Mr. September

by Brittany on September 8, 2011

I can’t believe that we’re already 8 days into the month and I have yet to introduce you guys to Mr. September…

Mr. September

Turning the page in my “man of the month” calendar is one of my favorite parts of welcoming a new month. I’m sorry, Mr. September–  I’m pretty sure that Mr. August had you beat.

Mr. August

This morning I woke up feelin’ french toast. Of course, a recipe including eggs weren’t an 0ption because of my egg-white allergy, so I resorted to my Vegan Wheat-free French Toast Recipe.

Vegan french toast 1

The toast looked great, but I was craving a banana-topping of some sort. I quickly mashed up 1/2 of a banana into a bowl, combined it with 3 Tbsp of water, stirred it together, then microwaved it for 45 seconds.

The result: An easy-peasy banana topping :D

Banana topping

I topped my French toast with the heated banana topping and drizzled it with a spoonful of Sunbutter. Obviously, aesthetics were no longer very important.

banana topping french toast

My lower back is still feeling a little off today, but I’m making an extra effort to nurse it back to health. Part of me thinks that it’s aching because I’ve been neglecting my usual weekly dose of yoga, but I was able to get in a 40 minute sesh yesterday afternoon so we shall see if that helped at all.  Maybe if I’m lucky I can squeeze some in today too 8)

(FYI, for those of you with back pain, yoga works WONDERS)

Today I have some schoolwork to get done before Will & I are off to attend our weekly meeting for the Christian group at our school. See you all later with a Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday post!

A bit to think about: Mr. August or Mr. September? ;)

lucie September 8, 2011 at 7:34 am

I love your banana topping idea! so yummy!

Alexandra September 8, 2011 at 7:36 am

While I do have a thing for cowboys, I agree with you, Mr. September is still the champ haha I can’t wait to see what October will bring! ;)
Hope you have a great Thursday!
Alexandra recently posted..Sweet Potato Smoothie For DummiesMy Profile

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 8, 2011 at 7:37 am

Oh to be in college and get to have those kinds of calendars! I miss those days, for some reason the husband doesn’t like them (he didn’t like them when I was in college either! HAHA!)
Have fun at your meeting tonight! Those are the best kind of ‘meetings’! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Sunset love… and…. BOLD BLOGGING!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 7:38 am

Haha yeah Will isn’t too crazy about my calendar either ;)

Thanks Julie!

Sam September 8, 2011 at 8:01 am

Awesome calendar for sure!! I like the idea of the banana topping….french toast….mmmm. It may not look pretty but i bet it tasted fantastic, and the pretty men make up for it :P
Sam recently posted..21My Profile

Pure2raw Twins September 8, 2011 at 8:03 am

cute calender ;)
and love the banana topping = yum!!!
and I agree yoga is great for so many great things especially when the back is hurting!!

Maria@La_Piattini September 8, 2011 at 8:19 am

I’m gonna have to go with Mr. August on this one! Cutie!
Banana topping is pretty genius- thanks for sharing, I never would’ve thought of that!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..The Dating GameMy Profile

Sara K September 8, 2011 at 8:31 am

AUGUST! Hands down! And that french toast looks delectable; time for breakfast
Sara K recently posted..Helsinki: Curry Up, Finland!My Profile

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 8, 2011 at 8:43 am

Mr. August all the way! :) But better than Mr. August was your idea for that banana topping! You can better believe I’m using that idea next time I make french toast. Have a great day, girl! :)

Allie {A teaspoon of LIFE} September 8, 2011 at 9:02 am

That calendar is the greatest thing of all time.
I almost couldn’t read the rest of your post because I was so distracted by it’s perfectness!!
But I did- And I LOVE french toast foster :) Yummmaaayyy! Never thought of nut butter too. I will try that next time! Thank for the tip :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 8, 2011 at 9:02 am

My. August gets my vote :D And so does yoga for basically any kind of pain. When I’m feeling all sore and tense, nothing helps more than a good stretch. Hope your back feels better!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … it’s good to be home .My Profile

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body September 8, 2011 at 9:12 am

The banana topping looks scrumptious! I would actually vote for Mr. September, although it seems like everyone else if more fond of Mr. August! I think I like Mr. September because I can see his eyes better! :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..BreadiesMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 8, 2011 at 9:13 am

Can we please acknowledge the tiger on Mr. September’s hat? I have Charlie Sheen quotes running through my mind!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..BruisedMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 12:24 pm

HAHA! I didn’t even notice this!!

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze September 8, 2011 at 9:21 am

I think Mr. August is more my type :) Hope your back feels better!!
Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze recently posted..Growing Up At a Boarding SchoolMy Profile

Lyndsie September 8, 2011 at 9:54 am

My vote goes to Mr. September!

I really need to do more yoga. I know that it’s amazing for the body I just struggle to get through one workout. I hope your back starts feeling better ASAP!!
Lyndsie recently posted..It’s a CowMy Profile

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life September 8, 2011 at 10:10 am

Ohh such a great french toast topper! So simple and it looks delish!!

My vote goes to Mr. September :)
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Big News on The Vegetable Life!!! *Giveaway*My Profile

Bianca @A Healthy Gourmet Lifestyle September 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

August definitely. The banana idea is so creative, I’m going to have to try that!
Bianca @A Healthy Gourmet Lifestyle recently posted..I Didn’t Know What I was Missing Out OnMy Profile

Jordan September 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

haha oh my gosh that calendar is hilarious. men are like diets. loveee it!
Jordan recently posted..DetoxMy Profile

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense September 8, 2011 at 10:20 am

LOVE vegan french toast …I’ll have to try it w/ the banana topping!!
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Monster Date or Date MonsterMy Profile

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites September 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

Mr. August.. FOR SURE wins… super cute. He looks ‘smarter’ and sweeter than September? hahaha Crazy talk I know.

Every weekend my go-to breakfast is wheat free French toast LOVE IT. I just discovered Canyon Bakehouse breads and I am in love. I buy the San Juan 7 grain bread it it has such a fluffy texture and almost corn bread like flavor. It makes for amazing french toast :) Great idea for the banana topping!

I hope you are able to fit some yoga into your life today! :-D
Sarah @ Sarah’s Modern Bites recently posted..A New DoMy Profile

Squirrel Snackin' September 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

So glad you were able to make an allergy free french toast! Way to get creative. :)
Squirrel Snackin’ recently posted..Another What I Ate Wednesday!My Profile

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 8, 2011 at 10:41 am

I still need to try this recipe! Looks awesome!

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 8, 2011 at 10:52 am

I’m all for Mr. September!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Haircut Trumps RunMy Profile

angie September 8, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’m here to represent for Mr. September! He reminds me of my current crush, Raylan from the show Justified. Mmmhmmm…
angie recently posted..Shrimpshrimpshrimpshrimp.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Haha! I’m glad you stopped by to vote, Angie ;)

angie September 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I couldn’t let this injustice stand! :P
angie recently posted..Roadside boiled peanuts? Yes please.My Profile

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love you and your blog so much. It always brightens my morning.

I would have to say Mr. August on this one. :)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Needed: A Lesson In PatienceMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Aw thank you Tina! That’s so sweet of you to say!

& as far as Mr. August– I always knew you had good taste ;)

Nicole @ PancakesandPilates September 8, 2011 at 11:23 am

LOL. I LOVE this calendar. I’m all for Mr. August. The cowboy is cute, I’m not loving the quote. Everything about the Mr. August post is awesome.
Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Strength Training by PicturesMy Profile

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters September 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Mr. August totally takes this one…. I’m not diggin the cowboy hat haha on September.

Followed you on twitter for a while but this is my first time commenting, totally intrigued by the vegan french toast!
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..Yama Sushi + Semi-Homemade Chicken Noodle SoupMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for stopping by! :) Yeah, I’ve seen you around on Twitter but it’s nice to finally be acquainted

Kiah September 8, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I have to say…I am kind of partial to Mr. September. But then again, I clearly (see header) have a thing for cowboy hats :-)
Kiah recently posted..2 foodies in 1 placeMy Profile

Julia Hazel September 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I’m feeling Mr. September!
Julia Hazel recently posted..Wednesday Words of WisdomMy Profile

Lindsay @ biking before bed September 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Even thought I’m not a native Texan… I’m going to have to go against the trend and go with Mr. September!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday… Round 1!My Profile

Kat September 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Girl give me cowboys ANY day! Im a hillbilly at heart, and I love watching rodeos and I cant help but squeel with excitement when I see man in boots or a cowboy hat!!
Kat recently posted..We are the championsMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm

HAHA! Aw Kat you’re too much

Bethany September 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I’m not a fan of either!!! hehe
I love that banana idea…so good!
Bethany recently posted..Labor Day Weekend!My Profile

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola September 8, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I love this calender- what a fun way to welcome a new month! I actually think I like Mr. Sept more than Mr. August! He kind of reminds me of Kellan Lutz! And I can’t wait to try your french toast recipe! I’m kind of obsessed with your pancake recipe (I make it all the time) so I’m sure this is delicious too! Have a great meeting and I hope your back feels better asap!

Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Emily :D I’m glad you like the pancake recipe! Actually, I haven’t made that baby in quite some time…. :)