Faking Him Out

by Brittany on September 4, 2011

I’m so glad that you guys like my chocolate chip protein cookie recipe! Honestly, I was bouncing off the walls when they came out great, and I hope you all like them just the same. Make your boyfriends & husbands eat them too! (Will doesn’t even know he’s eating something that’s mildly good for him! haha :D )

Can you blame a girl? I’ve gotta keep my little chemist living healthy & strong ;)

Anyway, check out our little “home office” setup!

cheesecake 001

Complete with my coffee (of course), my water (of course), and my flower pen (of course).

This morning while I blogged, Will caught up on some of the latest iPhone 5 gossip through his technology websites. He’s really excited for the new one to come out and I can’t really blame him—the pictures I’ve seen of what they supposedly will look like are not too shabby! (Although nothing can replace my beloved new-to-me iPhone 4 :) )

cheesecake 002

I snacked on some cucumber slices that I swore tasted just like pickles. Will wasn’t convinced.

Post-snackage, we headed out to meet with Will’s mom and stepfather at The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. As I know I’ve mentioned before on the bloggie, I am absolutely obsessed with this restaurant. Needless to say “stoked” was an understatement :D

cheesecake 011

(I am holding on in an attempt to contain my excitement :D)

cheesecake 005

During the car ride, we may or may not have gotten a little carried away with 90′s sing-a-longs.. just sayin’ :D

I did happen to capture a bit of it on film so you might be seeing an attempted music video on the blog sometime in the near future. Watch out R Kelly.

cheesecake 004

As soon as we met up with Will’s family and sat down, there wasn’t even a question in my mind about what to order.

cheesecake 010

The fresh vegetable salad which had asparagus, green beans, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted beets, apple, edamame, radicchio, romaine and white cheddar with a side of balsamic vinaigrette.

Be still, my heart.

Tonight we’re going to be trying out a new Orlando church and I’m crossing my fingers that all goes well. We will forever be in loveee for the one we went to in Miami, but know that it wont be long before we find a good one in O-town too.

Adios amigos– Go out & have fun! No work/school tomorrow! WOO :D

A bit to think about: Do you ever worry about the eating habits of someone you love?

Sweet and Savvy September 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I worry about people I love’s eating habits ALL the time! I just try to set a good example, because I know I do not like people nagging at me about my own habits.
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Girls Hate Their BodiesMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

That’s really great of you, Savannah :) Keep it up

Alexandra September 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Those protein cookies rocked my world, juss sayin haha and that salad you got at the restaurant looks like a volcano of deliciousness! :D
Alexandra recently posted..Sunday Survey SmackdownMy Profile

MirandaK @ Miranda's Munchies September 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

When I saw the pic of the cucumbers, I started craving baby cukes so bad! I’m going to have to track some down at the farmer’s market!
MirandaK @ Miranda’s Munchies recently posted..Fabulous Day Part 2My Profile

Kim September 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm

So did Will figure out when the iphone5 will be out? I still have a 3 and it’s cracked, but I’m trying to hold out for the 5. ;)

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Will: “According to something I read today: It’s pretty much expected at the beginning of October or end of September according to internet sources”

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) September 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Yum! That salad sounds like it has lots of amazing goodies on it – just like a salad should be! :)

I worry about the eating habits of the ones I love quite often. So I try to be a good role model and hope they catch on :D

<3 <3

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 4, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I do, but when I bring it up to my family, they don’t want to hear it! My family eats pretty healthy, but my brother eats terribly. He will literally go the whole day without eating and then eat a box of cereal / three burritos / or a whole pizza by himself. Yeah, it’s pretty bad!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The Three S’s of SeptemberMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 9:59 pm

My family is the same– It’s hard to get the ones you love to listen to you about something you’re so passionate about

Jordan September 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm

funnnn! i love the cheesecake factory. p.s. just read the recipe for your protein cookies and CAN’T WAIT to try them!!!
Jordan recently posted..Random ThoughtsMy Profile

Steph @ StephSnacks September 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I always order that salad at the cheesecake factory…such a goodie!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..A ‘New Life’ DinnerMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm

You’ve got the right idea, Steph ;)

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Oh goodness I love Cheesecake Factory! I ALWAYS get the Thai Lettuce Wraps. SO GOOD! I constantly worry about the eating habits of my current (and past) boyfriend!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Early 8 Mile RunMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Before I started getting the veg. chopped salad the thai lettuce wraps were my go-to dish! I love how they bring this huge plate of goodies to your table and everyone looks at you like you’re crazy ;)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Faking Him OutMy Profile

Errign September 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Yes! I totally do since a lot of friends and family do not have the healthiest eating habits all the time!

I’ve only been to CF once, but it was pretty fun! :)
Errign recently posted..Products, Revisited.My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm

REALLY? That’s awesome!

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' September 4, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Oh my gosh…that salad. It sounds and looks perfect! Ah I can’t wait to visit home and go to every favorite restaurant on my list..including the Cheesecake Factory. Mainly just for cheesecake. :)
Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin’ recently posted..Storms and staying indoorsMy Profile

Lori Lynn September 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Just checked out your recipe, and bookmarked it to try! My parent’s eat very differently than I do, and it’s a conversation I tend to avoid. My dad raises purebred Angus cattle, which growing up we were a “meat and potatoes” family. Makes it a bit of a challenge when going home to visit them! (But I guess that’s when I have to learn how to use moderation. LOL)
Lori Lynn recently posted..Yeast Sensitivity/Allergy???My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Haha oh my gosh! That must be a very tough conversation to have!

Kiah September 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm

You and your man are too cute! And thanks for the healthy food tip–I’m always in need of tips (or should I say tricks? :-)) to get my husband to eat something healthier than cocoa puffs. (sigh)
Kiah recently posted..kissing SeptemberMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I love Cheesecake Factory too… yum!

When you referred to Orlando as O-Town, I immediately pictured Ashley Parker Angel… weird? haha
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Puppy PlaytimeMy Profile

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I’ve also been stalking iPhone 5 rumors. I need a new phone and I’m trying to hold out! I’m always trying to find new ways to present healthy foods to my boyfriend.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Diamond in the roughMy Profile

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 4, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I always worry about M’s eating habits. I want the girl healthy but not focused on food. Plus, she’s a kid and loves junk and it gets harder and harder to keep her loving veggies and things. I don’t want to pressure the issue but she also needs balance. I could go on and on!

Love CCF!!! Salad looks amazing.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Total DominationMy Profile

Lauren September 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Mm that salad looks so good, especially with the edamame in there! I worry about the eating habits of my boyfriend all the time. When we cook together, he eats well, but otherwise, he just orders out – usually unhealthy food. He loves eating black bean burgers though!
Lauren recently posted..Addicted to Panda PuffsMy Profile

Kris | iheartwellness.com September 5, 2011 at 2:27 am

hahaha, Ryan and I sing all the time!! The best is when we do the Kidd Rock and Sheryl Crow song – “Picture” together!

Mmmmm this salad looks da bomb!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Agave Sweetened Breakfast Cereal by Nature’s PathMy Profile

Sara K September 5, 2011 at 3:38 am

That is one massive delicious looking salad!
You two are so cute, I love the home office setup and yes coffee is ALWAYS mandatory! I do tend to worry sometimes about my friends’/family eating habits; especially if they are undereating or lacking in certain nutrients- however my mom’s side of the family most of her siblings/my cousins are very obese; and they’re always going on ‘diets’ but the wrong way- deprivation diets that lead to binging, then falling off the wagon and it’s so hard to advise them or properly guide them without coming across as offensive
Sara K recently posted..Helsinki: Comfort QuipsMy Profile

Nikki September 5, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I definitely do worry about others’ eating/lifestyle habits. My BF can’t stand the thought of working out, and I try to slying inform him of the benefits of exercise. It’s like pulling teeth to get him to do any sort of activity, though!
Nikki recently posted..Delaware Days!My Profile