"P" Afternoon

by Brittany on September 3, 2011

**Have you checked out my guest post on Kristen’s blog yet this morning? Kristen is such a beautiful person inside and out, and I feel honored to be part of her Saturday morning post. In fact, she’s so amazing that she even lets me write about ballsy topics like my faith ;)

I’m so glad I’m not the only one feeling like a grandmother with a crazy body clock around here! Your comments had me cracking up—what is it with bloggers and passing out early?

Today has been full of technology advancement:

1. I installed Picasa 3 to edit photos for the bloggie. I’m not really accustomed to the program yet, but I’ve heard some great reviews about it and look forward to quick & easy editing.

Fullscreen capture 932011 102610 AM

2. I created a Pinterest account! I only have one board up so far and have pinned nothing but a Snuggie for Two, but hey—that’s progress.

If you have a Pinterest account add me at Ittybitsbalance!

Fullscreen capture 932011 105128 AM

3. Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies- Okay so these aren’t a technological advancement, but they count as a life advancement, right?

fer 016

Will is the kind of guy that wont eat if there isn’t food easily accessible to him and as a health- conscious foodie I try to get him to always have available food options. I’ve made him chocolate chip granola bars in the past, but wanted to come up with something that had a little more protein and staying power.

Meet the chocolate chip protein cookies I invented this afternoon! There is no added sugar in these babies and they contain all natural ingredients. Plus they’re wheat-free, ultraportable and they taste great! I should have the recipe for these up sometime tomorrow so stay tuned.

Lunch:

After one-too-many protein cookie-tastes, I needed some greenery in my life.

fer 022

Romaine lettuce, avocado, sundried tomatoes, cottage cheese and balsamic vinegar.

This cottage cheese was on its last leg (meaning it expired 3 days ago) but I still managed to convince myself that it tasted fine. No harm, no foul. However, I’m thinking of implementing some kind of strategy to make sure I eat things before they expire. Any ideas or suggestions?

I’m off to kick the rest of my “to do” list in the bootay then begin the spectacular plans that I have for tonight :) Toodles!

A bit to think about: Do you use Picasa or Pinterest?

What plans do you have for the long weekend?

Jordan September 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Let me know what you think of that photo editing program! I need one soon!
Those protein cookies look AMAZING I can’t wait to read the recipe!! :)

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body September 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I used to use Picasa, the only reason I stopped is because I was also using iphoto, and my computer was getting really slow from using both. I don’t have a pintinterest account, I’ve never actually heard of it before, I’ll have to go check it out :)
Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body recently posted..Peanut Butter and Banana Oven PancakesMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 3, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Pinterest is so addicting!!

All I’m up to today is writing lesson plans & laundry… yuck!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Long WeekendMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 4:56 pm

It really is! I stalk other pins so much that I forget to pin my own things haha

Sweet and Savvy September 3, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I’m not much farther along than you on Pinterest. I love it though! :)
Those cookies look great!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Butterfly Blogging AwardMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Haha well by the looks of it, we both pinned the Two-person snuggie ;)

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) September 3, 2011 at 2:36 pm

That salad looks so fresh and delicious. I’m looking forward to a salad for my dinner tonight and I can’t wait!
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Pinterest, but I haven’t tried it out for myself yet.
Sarah (everydaysapicnic) recently posted..Northumbrian AdventuresMy Profile

nikki September 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Oooh… I am looking forward to the recipe for those cookies!!
nikki recently posted..Figs!!My Profile

Courtney September 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I LOVE Pinterest! :D http://pinterest.com/semisweetc/
Courtney recently posted..Nothing Wrong With…My Profile

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I have picasa and pinterest! Picasa is fabulous :). And you can upload your photos to web albums if you have a google account- and then if your computer were ever to crash you wouldn’t lose those photos. Your guest post was awesome! It inspired me to work on my faith a little more. Hope the rest of your Saturday is great!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sleepy TimeMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Oo! I had no idea about the web albums. Thanks Lindsay! I’ll be sure to check it out because I’m known for having my computer crash on me.. :/

And I’m so glad you enjoyed my guest post :) If you ever need help with anything or want to ask a faith newb about anything, I’m always here!

Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart September 3, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Just read your blog thanks to your guest post! I love it :)
Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart recently posted..Be Inspired TuesdayMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I’m so glad :) Thank you for popping in!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter September 3, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Picasa? Sounds interesting. I’ve never heard of that program before! Those cookie dough balls you made look great- and the perfect snack!

I’m so excited for the long weekend! (I actually have a 4 day weekend :D ) But, I’m up to my eye balls in homework. :(
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..Survivor: Week 1My Profile

Kristi @ Sweet Cheeks September 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm

First time reader here! :)

I am excited for that protein cookie recipe. They look phenomenal!!
Kristi @ Sweet Cheeks recently posted..Survey Time!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I love first time readers! :) Thanks for stopping by, Kristi

Liz @ Something To Chew On September 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I. Love. Pinterest.

That’s all :)
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Paul and NicoleMy Profile

sarah (onedayiwillseethesun) September 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Oh protein cookies sound so good!! I made some today, but was wondering about adding some protein powder of somesort to beef them up lol. oh my I so bad with sell by/use by dates I used to buy loads of reduced stuff even things like yogurt are fine past their use by day, I really don’t pay too much attention obviosuly if it smells foul and has green stuff appearing of then its a differennt story:p but in most cases stuff is fine past it dates.

Brittany September 3, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I’m really interested in those protein cookies! Cookies + protein is a win win :)
I want to use something like Picasa so I might try it! I’ve heard about pinterest and it reminds me of tumblr. I don’t have one, yet. I’m sure I’ll get sucked into making and account like all the other websites haha.
No idea what I’m doing this weekend but I’m just going to go with the flow.
Brittany recently posted..Blissful BloggerMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Don’t worry Brittany, even the best of us get sucked in ;) No shame here!

fittingbackin September 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I’m SO obsessed with pinterest – I hope you love it! If you do… get ready to lose A LOT of time. hehe

This weekend we’re in Auburn to see our tigers! Hated to miss the lake, but had to see our first game post-national championship win!
fittingbackin recently posted..How Are You Spending Your Saturday?!My Profile

Mallory @ It's Only Life September 3, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I don’t use picasa; it looks awesome though. Is it expensive?
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..It’s September, Which Means…My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:42 am

It’s free!!!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 4, 2011 at 7:43 am

I actually do not use either! Haha, dang the cookies sounds really good right now :)
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes recently posted..Dessert Friday- Chocolate Pudding PieMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 4, 2011 at 7:45 am

the cookies look great!

following you on Pinterest now

And installing Picassa..good job! I love Lightroom but have heard for a free program that Picassa is really good. LMK how you like it!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Random Bits from the WeekMy Profile

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:42 am

I heard the same thing, and I’m not hardcore enough to pay for a photo-editing program… yet ;)

katie @KatieDid September 4, 2011 at 9:35 am

I use picasa as well and it’s awesome for a free program! It does everything I need at this point, and I’d like to push back purchasing an expensive editing program as long as I can.

Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 10:41 am

I agree! Photoshop is wayyyy too expensive for me!

That makes me happy to know that we use the same program– your photos are gorgeous!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

Lol that snuggy for two is awesome. I use Photoscape for my photos, and I really like it!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Diamond in the roughMy Profile