Ever since the creation of my Mexican Pasta, I’ve developed an insatiable love for Mexican-themed dishes. By using low-carb and low-calorie Shiritaki Noodles, you’re able to enjoy all of the bold flavoring that this dish has to offer without any of the guilt!
This quick and healthy single-serving recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes– Follow the original recipe if you’re eating alone, or double it for you & your beau (…or if you’re alone and just really hungry )
Cilantro-Lime Avocado Chicken Pasta for One
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- Cooking spray
- 1 package Shiritaki Tofu Noodles (or any pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 diced avocado
1. Place first 5 ingredients in a bowl (cilantro through pepper) and stir to combine. Put marinade into a plastic bag and then add chicken breast. Allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat pan to medium and coat with cooking spray. Once chicken is done marinating, cook on pan for 8-10 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
3. While chicken cooks, heat and prepare noodles as directed. (For Shiritaki Tofu Noodles: I rinsed noodles in a strainer, dried, then heated them in a separate pan with cooking spray.)
4. Next, prepare salsa. Combine tomato, onion, and lime juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Add avocado and gently mix.
5. When chicken and noodles are done, place chicken on noodle bed and top with salsa.