Hey guys! Hope all of you are having an awesome day
Some Sunday things worth mentioning:
1. Have you checked out my guest post on Tina’s blog this morning? While you’re there, be sure to take a look around her page as well—She has tons of thought-provoking and inspirational posts to share.
2. Remind me to never name another post after my “little white booty“. Let’s just say that the Itty Bits search engine term list has attracted quite the variety of audiences… (Does anyone know what a “little smoothy booty” is?)
3. I am addicted to the Words With Friends iPhone app, even though my most impressive word thus far has been “pug”…
Spinach, romaine salad, avocado, cottage cheese, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
5. This recipe:
Mango-Avocado Tilapia Taco Bowl
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt & Pepper
Tilapia Taco Bowl:
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 pound tilapia (about 2 fillets)
- 2 cups Romaine leaves (optional)
- 2 tortillas of choice (optional: for chip strips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all of the salsa ingredients into a large bowl. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Slice tortillas into strips and place on pan covered in cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 6-10 minutes (depending on desired crispiness.) Be careful not to burn, as tortilla strips become chips very fast!)
4. In a heated pan, add olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic and cilantro. Stir to combine and sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add tilapia to pan and cover. Cook fillets for 5 minutes. Add lime juice then flip and cook other side.
6. Fill bowls with romaine lettuce. Once fish is done, add to bowl and top with mango salsa. Add tortilla chip strips if desired.