Pizza Baby

by Brittany on August 27, 2011

I’ve come to the conclusion that roasting anything is the key to life.

Whether it be veggies, chicken, tofu, or cookies  (maybe? ;) )– roasting is easy to do, and, in my opinion, the most rewarding of cooking methods.

Take my lunch for example—after a quick interval session with some free weights & the treadmill at my apartment gym, it took me 5 seconds flat to decide that I was going to roast some veggies for my luncho.

blissful 024

Roasted broccoli, onions, and chickpeas with nutritional yeast.

Although not roasted, a little earlier I had been munching on some of these..blissful 018

Celery sticks con almond butter.

Does anyone else notice that I find a way to incorporate nut butter into as many meals/snacks as possible? :D Now, can you blame me?

Will just came over after a heated soccer game with some of the new friends that he’s already made within his first week at a new school in a new city. Currently, this is the state that he’s in:

willsleep 026

My little tired social butterfly :D Soooo cuteeeee

Anyway, the phenomenal Amanda tagged me with the Blissful Blogger award, which pretty much means that I come up with 7 facts about myself, then tag 7 bloggers to do the same. Here we go!blissful-blogger

1. I have an obsession with anything & everything pumpkin. I don’t discriminate between seasons, and will have no problem indulging in  Vegan Wheat- free oatmeal pumpkin pancakes in the summer, or an apple-pumpkin parfait in the spring :D

parfait 022

2. When I laugh really hard, I hit & punch whoever is sitting next to me. I promise, I am not a violent person in the least & I do not intentionally do this—but for some reason it just registers in my mind that in order for me to share the humor with whoever I’m with, we need to be in physical contact.

funny-dog-pictures-laughing-at-little-girl

Source

3. I tend to exaggerate certain aspects of my day to match my horoscopes. I’m willing to overlook certain moments and emphasize others just to experience the excitement of saying my horoscope is accurate.

aquarius

Source

4. When I was little, I would put eggs under lamps and hope that baby chicks would hatch. Somehow, my brother managed to brainwash me into thinking that this was a strategy for success.

BabyDucky

Source

5. I’m a complete sucker for an impressive vocabulary and/or a foreign accent. If you qualify for either of these categories, prepare to be my best friend.

british-accent-jude-law

Source

Yes, you too, Jude Law.

6. In Orlando, I’ve somehow acquired the alternate identity of “The Cobra” due to the fact that I’m apparently very “slick.” But really—this was just a nickname that one of my good friend’s Rachel branded me with while she was under the influence one night at a party. My old roommates even went as far as to make my 21st birthday sign in the shape of a giant cobra….

Today, the cobra necklace is one of my most tasteful fashion accessories. Thanks guys!

7. If you’re ever around me & a cute baby at the same time, prepare yourself. I have a habit of going crazy whenever I’m around cute things—especially babies. My reaction is similar to what happens when I laugh really hard (see #2).

baby pizza bunting

Source

I’m tagging:

A bit to think about: Do we have any of these things in common?

or

What plans do you have for the weekend?

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I’m completely with you on roasting being the absolute best method for cooking anything – I’m a bit obsessed with roasting kabocha at the moment :D But I’d have to say that one of my favorite things to roast would have to be marshmallows. Gah. I need to go camping or something.

Love your answers, girl :D I’m obsessed with pumpkin (or anything orange, really) and although I don’t usually smack people when I laugh really hard, I usually end up with tears in my eyes and an ache in my side. And ugh, I’m SUCH a sucker for a foreign accent and a smart guy.

Hope you’re having a great weekend :D

Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Thanks for the tag, girlie!! :)

And #1 and #2 are TOTALLY me!! I’m so bad about hitting people when I think something is funny. One of the psychs I work with had surgery on his shoulder last spring, and I keep forgetting and hitting him as I laugh. Ooppps!!! :P

Itty Bits of Balance August 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm

HAHA! Awww don’t worry– I’m guilty of hitting people while laughing RIGHT after meeting them! It’s pretty horrible

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

AW!!! I love the little idea of the eggs… Tooo cute! :)
I’m totally on board for the roasting everything makes it even better than it initially was before :)

Lizzie August 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Looove pumpkin as well!! Hmm..this weekend I am going to hang out with some friends and prepare my self for the upcoming week of school! ack im so nervous!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I’m also obsessed with pumpkin. Another reason why fall is my favorite time of the year!

Soo @ Little Miss Fitness August 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Babies are so cute! :)

What a fun post, Brittany! We are hunkered down watching the Little League World Series and eating chocolate chip cookies. Super fun Saturday!

Itty Bits of Balance August 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Sounds like you’re having a great Saturday, Soo :)

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body August 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I loved reading these things about you! Number 4 made me chuckle, I was always a skeptical child and never believed anything my siblings told me. I did however enjoy brainwashing my younger sister into doing a few harmless things! :)

Mallory @ It's Only Life August 27, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I love all things pumpkin too. That is SO funny and cute about the egg thing! Haha!

Rachel August 27, 2011 at 8:07 pm

accents and extensive vocabularies are SO attractive! i have been known to read dictionaries. and pumpkin is just beyond wonderful. who doesn’t want it all year long? last october i found pumpkin ravioli at whole foods and i still check for it every time i’m in the store.

ps you sound like the cutest person ever!

claudia August 27, 2011 at 8:09 pm

agreeed, roasting is THE way to go. and nut butter is da best!

Tracy @ Tracy's Treats August 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I agree with you – any vegetable tastes amazing when roasted!

Kiah August 27, 2011 at 8:36 pm

AHH Jude Law! That is all. haha :-)

Itty Bits of Balance August 28, 2011 at 8:27 am

Glad we’re on the same page, Kiah ;)

Liz @ Something To Chew On August 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Ahhh I’m a person hitter too!! When I laugh, things get violent.

Isabelle August 28, 2011 at 12:40 am

I have to agree with you on roasting! I love roasted veggies for lunch, so easy and no fuss to prep :)

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 28, 2011 at 12:59 am

Woo! You tagged mee! I’ll be workin on it tomorrow. :) And I agree, roasted everything rocks!

Itty Bits of Balance August 28, 2011 at 8:28 am

Awesome :) Can’t wait to see your answers

Ellie@fitforthesoul August 28, 2011 at 1:25 am

hahah! that’s so funny! Usually koreans have a thing with “physical contact” when something is funny, etc. I used to hit way too much in a friendly way too, but now I’m not so bad really :P I think I got better after my dad scolded me too many times when I was in high school and I always punched my best friend, who was a guy.

Itty Bits of Balance August 28, 2011 at 8:29 am

Haha! See, I don’t even have the Korean excuse– I do it naturally!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 28, 2011 at 6:13 am

Yum I love roasted veggies!

I’ve an Irish acccent so you’ll love me :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 28, 2011 at 8:29 am

Helloooooo new best friend :D

Kathleen August 28, 2011 at 6:37 am

Roasted garlic… and roasted red peppers….. Yum.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 28, 2011 at 8:02 am

Roasting things and pumpkin obsessed for sure!! And definetly Jude Law….no explanation their ;)

sarah@spinach and spice August 28, 2011 at 8:20 am

8 in the morning and you have me craving celery and pbbbb already

Nikki August 28, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Awee I love learning more about you! And that baby is adorable! :)
Nikki recently posted..Rainy RecapMy Profile

Lyndsie August 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Thanks for the tag, Brittany! My 7 randoms are now up! I love getting a little bigger glimpse of bloggers personalities like this! :)
Lyndsie recently posted..Blog BlissMy Profile