I’ve come to the conclusion that roasting anything is the key to life.
Whether it be veggies, chicken, tofu, or cookies (maybe? )– roasting is easy to do, and, in my opinion, the most rewarding of cooking methods.
Take my lunch for example—after a quick interval session with some free weights & the treadmill at my apartment gym, it took me 5 seconds flat to decide that I was going to roast some veggies for my luncho.
Roasted broccoli, onions, and chickpeas with nutritional yeast.
Celery sticks con almond butter.
Does anyone else notice that I find a way to incorporate nut butter into as many meals/snacks as possible? Now, can you blame me?
Will just came over after a heated soccer game with some of the new friends that he’s already made within his first week at a new school in a new city. Currently, this is the state that he’s in:
My little tired social butterfly Soooo cuteeeee
Anyway, the phenomenal Amanda tagged me with the Blissful Blogger award, which pretty much means that I come up with 7 facts about myself, then tag 7 bloggers to do the same. Here we go!
1. I have an obsession with anything & everything pumpkin. I don’t discriminate between seasons, and will have no problem indulging in Vegan Wheat- free oatmeal pumpkin pancakes in the summer, or an apple-pumpkin parfait in the spring
2. When I laugh really hard, I hit & punch whoever is sitting next to me. I promise, I am not a violent person in the least & I do not intentionally do this—but for some reason it just registers in my mind that in order for me to share the humor with whoever I’m with, we need to be in physical contact.
3. I tend to exaggerate certain aspects of my day to match my horoscopes. I’m willing to overlook certain moments and emphasize others just to experience the excitement of saying my horoscope is accurate.
4. When I was little, I would put eggs under lamps and hope that baby chicks would hatch. Somehow, my brother managed to brainwash me into thinking that this was a strategy for success.
5. I’m a complete sucker for an impressive vocabulary and/or a foreign accent. If you qualify for either of these categories, prepare to be my best friend.
Yes, you too, Jude Law.
6. In Orlando, I’ve somehow acquired the alternate identity of “The Cobra” due to the fact that I’m apparently very “slick.” But really—this was just a nickname that one of my good friend’s Rachel branded me with while she was under the influence one night at a party. My old roommates even went as far as to make my 21st birthday sign in the shape of a giant cobra….
Today, the cobra necklace is one of my most tasteful fashion accessories. Thanks guys!
7. If you’re ever around me & a cute baby at the same time, prepare yourself. I have a habit of going crazy whenever I’m around cute things—especially babies. My reaction is similar to what happens when I laugh really hard (see #2).
- 1. Danielle @ Squirrel Snackin
- 2. Kristen @ Confessions of a Not-So Domesticated Newlywed
- 3. Michelle @ Crazy Running Legs
- 4. Lindsay @ In Sweetness & In Health
- 5. Averie @ Loves Veggies & Yoga
- 6. Lyndsie @ High Cotton Livin’
- 7. Jessica @ In My Healthy Opinion
A bit to think about: Do we have any of these things in common?
What plans do you have for the weekend?