Working On My Fitness

by Brittany on August 24, 2011

Good morning & happy WIAW!

I’m so glad that all of you enjoyed my introduction of Will! (He was checking your comments for the entire evening because he wanted to know what you all thought haha.) Some of  you have some crazy love stories  (Laural & Jen ;) ) and I’m so glad that you shared them with me. There’s just something about hearing cute lovey dovey tales that makes me revert into ultra-girly giggly mode… (Don’t judge me)

Last night’s eats:

tigger 006

Ener- G light brown rice toast with cottage cheese and Whole Foods Indian Lentil Quinoa Salad with zucchini fries and ketchup on the side.

Why have I never made zucchini fries before? I’m usually not too much of a zucchini fan, but this is definitely my new preferred method of cooking it.

This morning’s eats:

tigger 017

(Bacon face, anyone?)

2 slices of Ener- G light brown rice toast with Maranatha almond butter and a sliced banana. On the side I had four (yes, I’ve upped the ante) slices of turkey bacon.

tigger 021

And coffee in a Tigger mug :)

If you guys thought that bowling & salsa classes were cool—you have no idea what else I’ve got up my sleeve…

I’m about to head out for my first Personal Fitness class of the semester!

baby

Source

Not going to lie, I’m pretty stoked to get credits for learning how to work out more efficiently. This is one of those topics that I would be researching anyway on my own, so it’s like a two-in-one deal! (and I will definitely be sharing the tidbits that I learn on the bloggie as well)

Have an awesome Wednesday! I’ll be back with a recap of my class a little later

A bit to think about: Have you or would you ever take a class that involved exercising for credits?

Ellen August 24, 2011 at 6:18 am

Brittany
your are young lady after my own heart… I have that tigger mug, in fact I have a lot of Tigger mugs…..and Zucchhini fries are good, if done right… have a great day

Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 24, 2011 at 6:24 am

UGH! I keep looking at all your classes and thinking.. man I went to teh wrong school! My college didn’t offer classes like this (at least not that I am aware of!)

I love your muggy! Happy Wednesday!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 10:21 am

Haha :) I am truly blessed this semester

Sweet and Savvy August 24, 2011 at 6:29 am

I’d Definitely take an exercise class! And zucchini fries?? I NEED to make those!:)

Amy @ SGTC August 24, 2011 at 6:41 am

I took a fitness walking class in college…it was actually a lot of fun and very challenging!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 10:22 am

Walking class! That’s awesome! I’m curious– was it inside on treadmills or outside?

Andrea @ Vegvacious August 24, 2011 at 6:46 am

I think zucchini fries are in my very near future. I’ve never had them, but they look delicious! Love, love, love that Tigger mug ~ I want one!!!! Have a great day girl!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 10:23 am

Thanks, Andrea :)

Cherie August 24, 2011 at 6:57 am

I’ve never tried zucchini fries before.
Awuh! I wanna steal your tigger mug, its way too cute!
Good luck with your class!!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 24, 2011 at 7:28 am

Totally jealous, have a great time in class! I always think I should open a gym or something so I get paid to be healthy! That would rock!!!

Jessica August 24, 2011 at 7:46 am

Zuccini fries sound really good!

Never had the option to take exercise for credits. Pretty sure I’d fail the class if I had to! ;-)

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 10:24 am

Haha– I’m sure you’d be fine!

Leashieloo August 24, 2011 at 7:52 am

In college I took tennis and yoga and they had be busting my butt four days a week. It was awesome!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 24, 2011 at 8:03 am

What a great way to get credits! Haha and great eats too. Happy WIA W:)

Alexandra August 24, 2011 at 8:08 am

Oh my gosh I thought the Mike mug was amazing, but Tigger?!?!? My mind just got completely blown away :) Love it and all your eats, especially zucchini fries!
Happy WIAW! :D

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 10:30 am

Haha! What can I say? I’m a woman of many mugs ;)

Haley Q August 24, 2011 at 8:13 am

So luckky girl! I took self defense a few semesters ago and while it was a great cardio workout, I definitely could not defend myself from anyone. Sadly that’s been the only fun class I’ve taken in college! Boo.

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 24, 2011 at 8:19 am

No fair! You get to take the most awesome classes! The last exercise class that I took for credit was probably PE in high school. Everything in college has been lectures, papers, and exams :( Boo. And why do you have the CUTEST mugs ever?! I seriously need to hit up the Disney store or something…

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Haha Don’t tell, but the Tigger mug is actually Will’s. I bought it for him when we went to Disney world together, then proceeded to steal it :D

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body August 24, 2011 at 8:20 am

Your mug collection never ceases to amaze me! I want all of them!!!I’ve never tried zucchini fries before, but what an awesome idea. I don’t usually like zucchini either, but I’m always keen on trying new ways of cookies it. Who knows, I may just be missing out!

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 24, 2011 at 9:13 am

Wow I bet your class is gonna be awesome! I majored in exercise science, so a lot of my classes were great learning tools :). And I totally want your tigger mug! I love tigger haha

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze August 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

okay, now your classes are just making me jealous. Want to trade? I don’t think i’m up for the whole “grad classes” thing yet.. at least think about it? :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Haha! I’ll TRY to consider it, but I’m not making any promises ;)

Brittfit August 24, 2011 at 9:36 am

UM YESS I would totally take that class :)

Leigh August 24, 2011 at 9:42 am

The picture of the tigger mug drew me to your blog from the WIAW pictures, I have quite a good collection of disney mugs growing hehe. PT Class sounds ace, hope it goes well!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Haha Welcome, Leigh!
I’m glad I could attract you with one of my mugs :D (I also have a Mike from Monsters Inc. one which is my favorite, but this is definitely a close second)

Lisa @ Healthful Sense August 24, 2011 at 9:45 am

Yes please!! I would have definitely taken an exercise class for credits… They didn’t offer anything like that at my school :( Love the bacon face!!

Madeline (Food, Fitness, and Family) August 24, 2011 at 9:53 am

I am SUPER jealous – my college didn’t really offer physical fitness classes unless you were a PE major. I have thought about singing up for some at the community college for fun haha.

LOVE your Tigger mug … Tigger was always my favorite :)

Steph @ StephSnacks August 24, 2011 at 9:55 am

I went to Fashion school where working out/athletics wasn’t taken too seriously. Had I gone to a different school I would have definitely loved to take some fitness-related classes for credits!

Katie @ Nutrition in a peanut shell August 24, 2011 at 9:59 am

Not gonna lie, I clicked open your WIAW for the tigger mug!

I made Zuchinni fries for this first time this weekend and I lovelovelove them! Then again I’ll eat zuchinni raw so….

Happy wednesday! :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Haha! Welcome, Katie! I’m glad you share my Tigger love.

I used to be able to eat zucchini raw, but lately it just hasn’t been the same :(

thehealthyapron August 24, 2011 at 10:01 am

I love your Tigger mug! He is my favorite! I’ve never tried Zucchini fries! That is now on my “to do” list! ha

Ellen August 24, 2011 at 8:31 pm

hi the healthyapron
I too LOVE TIGGER!!! My den at home filled wall to wall with them, I even got a tattoo in October. My husband told me if I see a Tigger and I want it generally get it because you may never be able to get it again, he keeps me well stocked

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 24, 2011 at 10:05 am

I was so different in college than I am now! I would NEVER take a “fitness” class because it just wasn’t something I was in to! Now I wish I would’ve done something like that, or at least used the various gyms available to me more than once or twice!

Mallory @ It's Only Life August 24, 2011 at 10:57 am

took a fitness class my last semester of college. It was pretty cool – it included step, weight training, and yoga. I tried liking the yoga part but unfortunately it was what i dreaded! worth it though!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I actually used to not like yoga very much, but it’s grown on me recently. I lovelovelovee to stretch now, while before I was more worried about my caloric burn

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 24, 2011 at 11:02 am

I LOVE your tigger mug! It’s soooo cute :)
&I can’t wait to hear all about your personal fitness class! I love hearing different tips and facts about fitness.
I want to take a class like that, but my scholarship won’t pay for anything that isn’t needed for my degree….

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 24, 2011 at 11:43 am

Mmm…zucchini fries! Having to take a class to work out would be great motivation! Although I do like to consider my workouts my choice and not forced upon me. Maybe if it was something fun like a sport or dancing!

Soo @ Little Miss Fitness August 24, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I would absolutely take a class where I get to workout and acquire credits! The only time I got to do that was college phys ed! :)

Happy back to school! :) Let’s get together when things slow down!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Thanks, Soo! And I would love to :) I was going to email you the other day but things have been a bit hectic with the new year starting.

We WILL make it happen though!

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Your classes are pretty rockin this semester! :) The only fun class I had was jazz..the rest of college pretty much sucked. But I’m done. :) lol Hope the personal fitness class is awesome!

Coco August 24, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I adore zucchini fries!! Totally craving them now…

Maria@La_Piattini August 24, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I took a yoga class in college. It was my first experience with yoga and thus began my love for it! It was awesome to get credits doing an exercise I enjoyed.

Nikki August 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Once again, SO jealous of you! For one, you have another totally adorable mug. And two, your classes sound like so much fun! Can’t wait to hear about the new one! :)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 24, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Ok your classes officially rock!! (As does that picture… too cute!!) What a fun last year of college! Can’t wait to hear what you find out! I wanted to take a pilates or yoga class in college but I never had room in my schedule and everyone talked about how hard they were- they used to have these really intense written tests! Yuck!

And I’m obsessed with zucchini so how have I never made zucchini fries?? Did you just roast it? Directions, please!

Alexa @ Simple Eats August 24, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I wish I could have taken classes like that in college…I just didn’t have time! That class sounds fun though, can’t wait to see what it was like!

kat August 24, 2011 at 3:06 pm

That class sounds like fun!! I’ve only taken one fitness class and it was kickboxing. It was fun though!!
And that mug is precious!!!

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun August 24, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Haha….glad you liked my love story (thx for the link up :) I would definitely take an exercise class like that. Anything to learn more about what I love doing is a good thing ( as Martha would say!)

Laural @ Being Healthier August 24, 2011 at 9:19 pm

thanks for the shout out!! :-) that zuchinni looks bangin! i have and would take class for credit! I took three semesters of yoga and two semesters of other exercise…. not all that crazy since I’m so passionate about it!
tigger is AWESOME!

Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles August 24, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Hey, pretty girl! I am LOVING that bacon face! :)

katie August 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

ive never taken a class like that but i bet itd be cool!!!!