Everybody, Meet Will

by Brittany on August 23, 2011

Today was productomundo.

I spent a good portion of my morning working on school & bloggie stuff from my little balcony while snackin’ on a gala apple con cinnamon.

will 003Note to self: Natural lighting= baller.

After a good amount of catching-up and a quick 20 minute yoga session on Yoga Zone, I was ready for some lunch-age.

will 008

Ghetto salmon salad, avocado, balsamic vinegar, and a splash of ginger dressing (Don’t worry Nicole, I’ll buy some more for the both of us later ;) )

Now, please allow me to apologize.

It just hit me today– I’ve made numerous mentions of my stud-muffin-of-a-boyfriend Will, yet haven’t formally introduced him.WillsBday 051

Everyone, meet Will.

Will & I went to the same high school and although we had a few mutual friends, we never really spoke more than the occasional “hi” or “bye” to each other. In fact, I have a very specific memory of him making out with his high school girlfriend at our lunch table practically every day—But according to him I’m delusional :P

We even accidentally took prom pictures together…

Way to keep your hands to yourself, Will.

….And danced together

Way to not keep your hands to yourself, Will.

Regardless, we were pretty much only friends on prom night and didn’t exist in each other’s lives after that event…

Until, I came down to Miami to visit last winter, that is ;)

I came down from Orlando for winter break last December and planned a “lunch table reunion” with a group of friends from high school. Will ended up attending too, got my number, and started stalking me soon after.

Just kidding.. (maybe)

But we did click immediately. I went back up to Orlando to begin my spring semester and Will made sure that we kept in touch through phone calls and texts. Two months later– we were managing our very own little long-distance relationship.

MewillDisney

I’m the first to admit that long distance relationships are not for the weak. I’ve struggled through two of them in my life (including the one with Will) and neither were easy peasy. It’s pretty much like signing up for an emotional relationship, without any of the physical comfort or affection that a normal relationship provides. I actually read a quote on Gina’s blog a while back that describes the situation perfectly:

“Distance is not for the fearful, it’s for the bold. For those willing to spend a lot of time alone, in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.”

MeWill1

I’m not one to sugar-coat things– it was tough. However, we were extremely lucky because we only had to go three months apart before I was able to come down to Miami for my summer vacation.

I seriously give major kudos to those of you who have the willpower to maintain an ongoing long-distance relationship. It takes loads of hard work, patience, trust, and understanding.

Today, we’ve been together for about seven months, and although it really hasn’t been a long period of time—I already feel like I have been through more with this boy than I have with people I’ve known for years.

He puts up with my healthy concoctions,

Willhealthy

Bounces around in trampoline-filled rooms for me,

Willjump

Cooks delicious meals with me,

Willcook

Brings me flowers for no reason.

Flowerss 004

Acts crazy with me,

WillmeCrazy

And holds my hand whenever I need him to.

Mewillhand

When you know, you know.

A bit to think about: Do you have any love stories of your own to share?

Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run August 23, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Did you guys like each other back in the prom days “that way” or not really and it just happened later on?

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Nope! That’s the crazy part. The only reason we stood next to each other is because we both didn’t have dates haha

Lyndsie August 23, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thanks for introducing him! this post is super sweet and you look so happy! :) My husband and I are high school sweethearts (going on 10 years together!!) We have had our ups and downs along the way but boy are we stronger because of it. God has a special way of bringing the right person into our lives, doesn’t he? ;)

Alexandra August 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Oh my word you two are ADORABLE!!! I’m so happy yall found each other, you guys seem to compliment each other perfectly :)

Alexa @ Simple Eats August 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Such an adorable post, I’m so glad you introduced us to Will! I actually met my current boyfriend at work…he was a student worker there when I started my job! He’s now in med school and we’re in a long distance relationship. It’s hard, but it’s definitely worth the work!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Awww- thats a cute story!! that post just made me smile cuz ya’ll are so darn cute! lol. No love stories of my own- poo. :P But, whenever it happens, it happens right? :)

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun August 23, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Aww…you two are so adorable. Love your story! When my hubby and I met years and years ago, he gave me his phone number on a tiny piece of paper. Well…I lost that piece of paper! But, I knew his last name started with a G. So, what did this girl do? I called every freakin’ person in the phone book who’s last name started with G. I finally found him! Now, that’s love!

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Will & I just read this comment together and cant believe your story! That is such an awesome story– If THAT isn’t true love, I don’t know what is haha

Will August 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Maybe I’m a bit biased, but that was my favorite post so far :)
I love you cutie, and I think you put it perfectly “When you know, you know.” ;)

Laural @ Being Healthier August 23, 2011 at 6:23 pm

omg, what a great post and it spoke to me for sure!! you two are a great couple and it is so true- when you know you know!!! my new bf says that too and its nice bc he’s all “no pressure” because we just know!

I think I already commented that i just started my first ldr ever with a guy I met 11 years ago! I met him the day I moved in freshmen year of college and fell instantly. We kept in touch and he asked me in an email 7 years ago to give us a chance. 7 yrs ago to the date ( 7-10). I thought he was crazy. We went on a date 5 years ago. I started to think he was less crazy. I got engaged, he got engaged, we both broke it off, and found each other again 7-10 of this year. He chose me and I chose him, now, I think we are both crazy about each other!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:15 am

This story is so great Laural– I gave you a shout-out in my next post haha ;) Thank you for sharing!

Laural @ Being Healthier August 24, 2011 at 9:16 pm

aw thanks! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 23, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Aww Brittany, I love it! As I’m sure you saw on my blog, Brandon and I were long-distance between Florida and Ohio for our whole relationship! It wasn’t until he proposed that I moved up to Ohio. And even now, he travels quite a bit for work, so we still have a bit of a long-distance marriage going! ;)

I actually love that we were long distance for a big part of our relationship. It forced us to TALK, rather than just cuddle up on the couch and watch TV without saying anything (not saying that that is what all couples do … but it certainly happens!). We did Bible studies together over the phone, prayed over the phone, and asked each other a million questions. It was a wonderful experience. Of course, it was hard not to see each other, but we also appreciated the time that we did spend together.

And now we’re married and I couldn’t be happier. I wish all the best for you and Will!! :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:16 am

Thank you, Kristen! I love hearing the story of you & Brandon– it melts my heart :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 23, 2011 at 7:30 pm

What a sweet post, and you two are absolutely adorable together! I love that picture of your hands – melts my heart. And I love Will’s comment :D I’ve never been in a long distance relationship, but I can imagine that they must be very tough. Still, it’s so much better to be far away from someone you love, than close to someone who you feel nothing for. The good ones are worth going through tough times for… it just makes being together that much sweeter. So happy for you, girlie :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:16 am

Thank you, Amanda!

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Aw, I love your little love story! That is seriously so cute! I did my own intro of Chris on my blog a couple months ago :)

Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) August 23, 2011 at 8:21 pm

This was so cute! My boyfriend and I were in the same pre-cal class junior year. We both liked each other but didn’t find out until the following semester, when we weren’t in the same class anymore. We started talking online/texting a lot. We were basically glued at the hip all of a sudden. Now, almost 5 years later, I am still completely in love with him!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:16 am

Great story, Allison :) I’m glad you two are still going strong! Thank you for sharing

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Awww cute story!! So glad you two are making the long-distance relationship work. One of my friends was in a long-distance relationship (Miami and Gainesville then Miami and New York) for over a year and now they’re happily married, and I was one of her bridesmaids. One of my other best friends just celebrated her six-year anniversary with her boyfriend, and they’ve been long distance about three of those years. Now they’re finally in the same city and are moving in together! Just wanted to give you some happy stories in case you hit any sad times while he’s away.

Jane @ Broccolini + Cheese August 23, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hi Will!!

Thanks for the intro, seems like an awesome dude :)

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) August 23, 2011 at 9:38 pm

This is the sweetest post ever, and you two are SO adorable together! I loved getting to know about your relationship (and Will) more. :) I definitely agree with “when you know, you know.” That’s definitely how I felt about The BB! :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal August 23, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Aww, Brittany – you and Will have such a cute story!! <3

Kris | iheartwellness.com August 23, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Awwww you two are so cute!!!!! I love Will!

Ryan and I met in High School, he liked me and I had no idea until later in my early 20′s then we went for dinner once and were hooked :)

xxoo

Alissa @ Two Bite Baker August 23, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Our stories are remarkably similar! I went to high school with my boyfriend. We never dated.. he actually claims he was a wing man when I went on a date with one of his friends, though I don’t remember that! We parted ways and went to college, he went to medical school and contacted me when he came through the town I lived in to interview for residency programs. After hardly talking for EIGHT YEARS we began dating and… here we are! Like you said… when ya know, ya know. :-) Loved hearing such a similar path to happiness!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:18 am

Haha! That’s awesome that our stories are so similar, Alissa! Isn’t it weird thinking back to the time when you knew him, but you two weren’t dating?

Thank you for sharing your story!

Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm

You guys are too cute! My hubby and I have a similar story actually, so I can totally relate to you on the long distance thing. It was tough at times, but totally worth it!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:19 am

Well I’m glad it worked out for you, Ashley :)

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 23, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Aw cute post! Mine and John’s story is kinda similar! We knew each other in high school but didn’t really talk and weren’t friends. Then two years ago we ended up talking again, I flew out to Florida(without telling my parents where I was..so bad) and we were long distance for two years. And now I’m here. :D

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:20 am

Haha! Awesome story :) It looks like you made the right decision by flying out to Florida under the radar

Ashley Crossland August 24, 2011 at 1:44 am

aww such a cute story :) So funny the way things worked out for you two. I love your “LOVE” ring in the last picture too!!!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:20 am

Natalie @ cinnamon bums August 24, 2011 at 3:35 am

I loved reading this! thanks so much for introducing us to Will haha. this is a sweet story and I loved how candid and honest you were about it.
I don’t have any great love stories to share right now – wish I did ;) but that’ll come later I suppose!

Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 6:21 am

Don’t worry Natalie, your time will come :)

Christine @ Burning It Off August 24, 2011 at 5:50 am

Very cute story, thanks for sharing! I also met my boyfriend in high school but we didn’t start dating until we were both in University (in different cities so we did the long distance thing for a bit too!).

Lisa @ Healthful Sense August 24, 2011 at 9:38 am

Love meeting Will =) I agree that when you know, you know. I knew when I met my husband at 16!!

Andrea @ Andrea out loud! August 24, 2011 at 10:45 am

What a fun story Brittany! So funny how you guys ended up together!
My boyfriend and I met in middle school through a mutual friend and he remembers the first time he met me I lent him $10 for lunch because he was telling a mutual friend he forgot his lunch money at home! haha. i dont really remember it but he was like “i will never forget it because I thought you were the nicest person EVER!”

Faith @ For the Health of It August 24, 2011 at 11:01 am

Aww, that’s cute :) You two are so sweet together!

My love story is super crazy…it involved a breakup, a tearful reunion after I’d forced myself to date someone else to get my mind off of things, but we literally just hit the one-year mark after two months of long-distance dating (only twenty-two more to go…lol) I hate what a saga we’ve been through but I think I’d have bailed much earlier if I didn’t know that it was definitely worth it. Crazy stuff!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods August 24, 2011 at 11:18 am

Aw, what a sweet post. And he’s such a super cutie!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 24, 2011 at 1:56 pm

What a wonderful post! I was literally just wondering the other day about your guys’ story so I’m so glad that you decided to share it. I love a good love story! :) It sounds like you guys were meant to be and I love that you too finally connected! I’ve never really done long distance so I’m really impressed with your commitment and I love Gina’s quote too- this is a testament to your relationship but I’m also glad that he’s going to be close by now :)

As for my own love stories- I’ve had some great ones so far but I’m not currently with anyone… here’s hoping that changes soon!

Nikki August 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm

This is adorable times a millionnnn! I am so happy you have found someone that is so supportive of your healthy living style…it’s such a refreshing feeling! My BF and I had to do the long distance thing every summer throughout college, and it wasn’t easy! I definitely know how you feel on this subject. He just left last week, too, to head home for the school year. Now we’ve flip flopped.. we spent the summer together now have to be without each other for the rest of the year! Luckily, he’s only an hour away! I love hearing about your relationship, so definitely keep the cuteness coming! :)

nikki August 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Aww… it is great to hear the story behind a couple! I’m glad you found someone who compliments you so well, and are still happy after 7 months. I am a firm believer in “if you know, you know!” My hubby proposed to me after just 4 weeks of knowing each other which if you knew him, you would think it was crazy as he has a hard time to committing to a menu pick at a restaurant… I was living 3 hours away when we met, and he felt it would persuade me to move closer, and justify the move. 12 years later we are still married, and I still am shocked at how quickly we were engaged then married…considering we have been pondering a kitchen cabinet reno for over 7 months! lol

Patty January 1, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ok, so I’m commenting on everything today it seems! What a lovely story!! Are you going to move to Florida? My boyfriend and I lived about 5 hours away when we first met, it was very difficult, but worth it! Wishing you the best!

Patty
Patty recently posted..Happy New Years!My Profile

Itty Bits of Balance January 1, 2012 at 11:51 am

Hey Patty! We actually both live in Orlando now and go to school together, but I’m about to graduate while he still has a bit left– so long distance might be in our future again :( However, I think we’ll figure something out :)
Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..New Year, New VisitorMy Profile