Front-Door Photos

by Brittany on August 22, 2011

Yello bloggies :)

I just sat through my first class of the day which was bueno– However, NOTHING will compare to the great balls of fun (?) that I will be having during my last two classes of the day—

Bowling

bowling

Source

and Salsa

Salsa

Source

And to answer your question—Yes, I do attend a real university ;)

I knocked out the majority of my real credits within my first three years so now I practically have free reign over my electives, which is pretty baller if you ask me. Hopefully I will be looking like the people in both of those photos by the end of the semester.

Post breakfast, I was inspired to take an official “back to school picture” thanks to Michelle ;)

Although my childhood self brought some serious competition..

backtoschool

(Mom, am I wearing a shirt or a dress?)

I then proceeded to make my way over to campus a good hour or so before my class just to ensure that I was able to find parking. This ended up being a perfect opportunity to catch up on some CNN and conduct some serious carrot snackage.

salsa 003

After class, I went back to my apartment to eat lunch with my roomie Nicole & her cat Bella. A ghetto salmon salad may or may not have been consumed..salsa 005

Romaine, avocado, cooked pink salmon from a can, with balsamic vinegar and orange ginger dressing

salsa 006

with cherries

salsa 007

(and Bella)

A bit to think about: Have you ever taken any salsa or bowling classes in your life?

or

Do you remember taking “front-door” back to school photos?

Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 22, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Seriously…your next two classes are bowling and salsa? Man that is freakin awesome. I want to take salsa lessons with my boyfriend. I am jealous of your class schedule.

Itty Bits of Balance August 22, 2011 at 7:26 pm

haha well Will didn’t sign up for it so I’ll probably be dancing with some random people (Hopefully not creepos)

Jane @ Broccolini + Cheese August 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I had a pretty sweet schedule my last year of college too – although not that sweet! Good luck with bowling, don’t hurt your wrist :)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Happy 1st Day of School! I’m a terrible dancer. I have actually no rhythm at all, but salsa sounds like it would be fun! I just don’t know if I’d want to be graded on it!

Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm

All you need is a super cool lunchbox (say…power rangers or my little pony) to make a front door picture complete!

I never took those classes in college, but I did sign up for a drawing class which I promptly DROPPED. It was no joke and I just didn’t have the motivation (*cough*senioritis).

Jessica August 22, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Never taken salsa classes but they always look like a barrel of laughs and a great way to exercise! I didn’t even know you could get classes in bowling!

I don’t remember the first morning of school pictures but we sure have the sorry evidence. (Mine involved a hat and starched socks.)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Your class schedule sounds AWESOME! What a fun way to spend your last year of college! I used to always take the first day of school pics by the door! In fact, when I started my first big-girl job, I took a picture leaving my place by the door! :)

Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Awww you were adorable then and you are adorable now!!! :)

We really SHOULD meet for lunch some day – I work very close to UCF. I’ll convince Paula to come too.

Have fun this semester (how can you not?)!

Itty Bits of Balance August 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm

That would be awesome! And thank you, Michelle :)

Let me know what days would work for you two

kate @ pomelo sunshine August 22, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Whoa, nice shirt/dress! We definitely took those pictures every year in elementary school. I never took bowling or salsa in college but I did take both yoga and tango for credit which was amazing. Enjoy your fun semester!

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze August 22, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I’ve taken a salsa class and a bowling class!! loved both… hope you do too! And we always took back to school photos at the front door.. I will be sure to continue the tradition when I have kids :)

Faith @ For the Health of It August 22, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I haven’t gotten to take that many crazy classes because my English major was kind of constricting. I was so jealous of a guy I dated in college who took a water skiing class senior year – WHA?

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

Water skiing!? That’s awesome!

Nikki August 22, 2011 at 5:58 pm

This brings back so many memories! My neighbors across the street always put up a flag with an apple on it for the first day of school, and my sister and I always had to get a picture in front of it. They went to Catholic school, and even if our school started first, they always put the flag up for us. I still had to take the picture even until senior year of high school!

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

haha! That is too cute! I’d love to see those photos, Nikki :D

Sophie August 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Looks like a great first day back :-)
I never have taken a salsa class but would love to! I’m hoping my uni will have some kind of club that I can join (beginners of course!).
And you definitely have to get the back-to-school photo :-P
We’ve taken one pretty much every year since I started!

nikki August 22, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Glad your having a great first day back! I am jealous about your electives though!
I take first day of school photos of my kiddos every year! It is great to look back on.
Please say you had shorts or something more than undergarments under that Shirt/dress! haha… and they say we dress our kids these days in too little clothing!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 22, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am rather jealous of your electives, how fun!
You are so adorable too, love your blonde hair when you were young!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 22, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’m so jealous that you’re taking Bowling and Salsa dancing…for CLASSES. Uhm…what are midterms, finals, and tests like? lol. Do they even have those, because that would just be weeeirrrdddd. I’ve never actually taken a “front door” first day of school picture. When pictures are taken, they’re for some reason in the kitchen… :P
Hope your dancing and bowling went great!

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 8:27 am

Tests are mostly based on attendance and “progress” that the teacher observes since the first day of class haha

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I am officially inspired to take a picture on my first day of school with kiddos :) I’ll send it to my mom, she’ll laugh for sure!

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 8:27 am

Haha! Do it Julie!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate August 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh how I wish I was back in college…

Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm

LOL, I took a bunch of gym classes my senior year of college…volleyball, kickboxing, hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, and self defense. Glad I was paying college tuition for that! Haha!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Eee! You were the absolute cutest thing when you were little. That’s not to say that you aren’t now, but I just love that pic of the little you :D I have a pic of pretty much every first-day-of-school I’ve ever had, and while I hated posing for them at the time, it’s so nice to be able to look back at myself to see how I changed over the years :D

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) August 22, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Your pictures are both adorable!

Umm..I want to take a salsa class. How fun!! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 22, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Brandon and I took a “cha-cha” class one Valentine’s Day … he planned it himself! I thought it was a cute surprise. :)

I’m totally jealous of your class schedule. Makes me miss college haha!

Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 8:28 am

That’s adorable! I tried to get Will to take salsa with me but he refused haha :(

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes August 22, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I would love to take a Salsa class! So cool. I so got the front/back-door photos taken every year up to grade 12 :)

Mallory @ It's Only Life August 22, 2011 at 9:15 pm

so cute! !!!! yes, i totally remember those. Now it will be the first-day-of-real-world-job-front-door-photo. Oh wait, those don’t exist…

Liz @ iheartvegetables August 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Woah, scandalous dress ;) hahaha

I do remember a front door photo from kindergarten! But then I was homeschooled… so I don’t have any pictures until high school!

Christine @ Burning It Off August 23, 2011 at 6:17 am

I’ve taken a couple of salsa lessons for fun but not for credit. I wish my school had offered fun classes like that!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 23, 2011 at 7:15 am

front door photos..YES!!

my mother was ALL About them, every year!! :)