Saturday of New Beginnings

by Brittany on August 21, 2011

You know that you’re a foodie when its 7:30 in the morning, and you’ve already devoured breakfast and made a grocery trip to Publix…

drive 011

But before we get into my morning, lets flash back to yesterday.

As most of you already knew, I was planning on leaving Miami and making the drive back up to Orlando for school. Well as it turns out, our church had also planned a water baptism for yesterday on the beautiful shores of Key Biscayne.

At first, Will & I didn’t think that we would be able to make it, but after some intense schedule-manipulation, we found a way to make a stop at the beach before the long drive.

And boy, was it worth it.

Baptism

(Beautiful photo taken by my phone on the way to the beach)

Baptism 6

My brother & I.

Baptism 8Baptism 7

Baptism 1

Baptism 9

The moms.

Baptism 10

Baptism 3

Baptism 11

Baptism 5

Baptism 2

Baptism 4

“Come on guys! Let’s play!”

Overall, it was a complete life-changing experience and one that I will undoubtedly remember for the rest of my life. I’m so unbelievably thankful that I was able to partake in the baptism before my departure– I literally feel like my arms are wide open for a life of new beginnings.

Immediately post-rebirth, I piled into the car and split for O-town.

I snacked on a Gala apple

drive 005

and was kept awake by my double café nonfat latte & agua :)

The drive was really not half bad and it gave me plenty of time to reflect on this mornings events/this upcoming semester/life/new goals/food. Does anyone else actually enjoy the act of driving alone? I feel like its one of those moments where I have pure “me” time & have the chance to jam out (and look crazy) by myself.

Thanks to my lunch stop at Whole Foods, I was more than ready to assemble dinner with pre-bought goods immediately upon my arrival :D

(Please excuse the ghetto-factor of these photos—I was a ravaging beast.)

drive 006

Garlicky kale and edamame succotash

drive 008

with multigrain mushroom soup. (This stuff is awesome, by the way.)

I spent the remainder of my night unpacking & organizing. Unpacking is not very fun, but I actually enjoy organizing & cleaning out old stuff. There’s something about “out with the old, in with the new” that gets me excited.

This mornings eats:

drive 010

My vegan wheat-free oatmeal pancake topped with a mashed banana and Maranatha Almond butter.

I still have lots of unpacking and organizing to do today so wish me luck! Hopefully I wont bury myself alive & will be back for another post.

Have a great Sunday! 8)

A bit to think about: Are you one of those people who likes to organize your stuff?

or

What are your favorite snacks for traveling?

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body August 21, 2011 at 9:25 am

That water baptism sounds like an awesome experience. It looks like it was a big group of you getting baptized, which I absolutely love to see..makes a huge smile spread across my face. That’s so great that you managed to get there before heading out!

By the way that oatmeal pancake looks fabulous, I just bookmarked the recipe :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 10:24 am

It was definitely an amazing experience :) And awesome Sarah! I hope you enjoy it :D

Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 21, 2011 at 9:29 am

Snacks on the go…mine are def apples! I try to always have one in my purse for those oooh my goodness I am starving momenta!

Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 21, 2011 at 10:03 am

Aww, what a nice way to start a new chapter in your life! (I don’t know too much about water baptisms, but if it makes you feel renewed and revived, then go for it!)

Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 10:24 am

Thanks Emma :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Oh wow, girl, that water baptism sounds like an absolutely amazing experience. It’s awesome that you were able to fit it in before leaving :D When I travel, some of my favorite snacks to bring are dried fruit, trail mix, nuts, chocolate bars, energy bars, bananas, pretzels, veggie sticks, or some kind of baked goodies.

Shannon ~ My Place In The Race August 21, 2011 at 11:13 am

Congrats on your baptism! What a beautiful experience it is! I’m so happy you shared it with us :D

Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thank you Shannon!

Sara K August 21, 2011 at 11:51 am

I love driving alone- it gives me so much time to just think about random stuff/musings/etc
I love to organize my closets/clothes/accessories…and I like it when things ARE organized but who am I kidding, my room almost always looks like a tornado blew threw it ;)

Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Haha, you are not alone on that one, Sara ;)

Errign August 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I am the queen of organization :)

Looks like a weekend full of great experiences and tasty eats!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm

God is good! -Glad that you two were able to experience it. I love that feeling of His love being washed allll over me :)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 21, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Looks like a great morning! I hate when things just sit around so I always have to put things away as soon as possible. Welcome back to Orlando!

Itty Bits of Balance August 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Sarah (everydaysapicnic) August 21, 2011 at 1:06 pm

The beach and ocean look stunning!
I love driving alone – I can sort out my thoughts and I always turn up at my destination feeling chilled out :-)

Faith @ For the Health of It August 21, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I actually really like driving alone – gives me time to relax and get lost in some good music. It’s a good thing because the two and a half hours from Orlando to Jax gets boring when I go up to see the coach, but I’m learning to enjoy it!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 22, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Congrats on your baptism! That is so wonderful and I’m so happy that you shared it on the blog! That picture on your way to the beach is gorgeous too! How neat that you and Will are now rooted in God. What a wonderful level to add to your relationship.

And I’m glad the drive went well! I sometimes enjoy a quiet drive too especially when I have a lot on my mind! Glad you are safely back at school. PS. Are those Kate Spade plates?!

Rebecca September 25, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I’m a bit late on this post, but I was poking around a little and noticed it. Love this! I got baptized about three years ago (was it really that long ago?) with about six-ish other people. We did ours in a hot-tub type immersion tank thing. It was interesting. But definitely an awesome Sunday!!
Rebecca recently posted..Made me laugh.My Profile

Amber April 2, 2012 at 11:45 am

Your baptism brought tears to my eyes! Awesome way to share your faith and not be afraid to tell/show everyone what you believe! I’m so glad to have found your blog. I’m sure I’ll be one of your avid daily readers!