I’m currently en route to Orlando!
This morning was very eventful but I will get into details about it when I have more time to write. What you do need to know is that I had Whole Foods again for the second day in a row.
I knew that I couldn’t leave you guys hanging without a post, so I’ve hooked you up with my toffee oatmeal bar recipe from earlier this week Enjoy!
Toffee Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chops
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In one bowl combine brown sugar, vanilla, butter, and egg yolk.
2. Mix in flour, oats, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Press mixture into bottom of 13x 9 greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top of bars. Allow to sit for abut 5 minutes and then spread melted chocolate layer out.
5. Sprinkle nuts over top. Allow bars to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
6. Dig in!