Back, Back, Back It Up

by Brittany on August 19, 2011

Good morning :)

Are any of my fellow bloggies going to Healthy Living Summit this year? I’ve already seen tons of photos (although the party hasn’t even officially begun) and wish I could be there with you all! Oh well, maybe next year ;)

The rest of my day yesterday was spent packing & trying to figure out how to back up my newborn bloggie. I had a mini- scare & I couldn’t log into WordPress for some reason. I kept having flashbacks of Michelle’s recent hacking experience and made it a priority to back up my baby (which took me a good hour or so to figure out)

Enough tech talk– for dinner, I topped a salmon filet with minced garlic, pepper, and dill, covered it with foil and baked it at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.

Uncovered:oiaj 008

Covered:

oiaj 010

Salad-topped & dressed:

oiaj 012

Romaine lettuce, avocado, and salmon, drizzled in fig flavored balsamic vinegar.

Due to the fact that I usually eat dinner anywhere from 5:00-6:00, my tummy was ready for round 2 around 7:30. I knew that it was prime cereal time ;)

oiaj 014

1 cup puffed brown rice cereal with almond milk & Truvia.

Hit. the. spot.

Later, Will and I headed out to catch up with an old friend at Wendy’s and we ended up sitting and chatting for a good hour and a half. I’m not complaining—the conversations where I can completely lose track of time are my favorite kind :)

This morning, I made the extra effort to spoon the last 2 Tablespoons of almond butter out of my Justin’s Maple Almond Butter jar and into another JUST to make it an Oats in a Jar (OIAJ) morning.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

oiaj 023

1/3 cup oat bran, 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (using Chia seed trick), 1 sliced banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and Truvia. Topped with MORE Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, and blackberries.

oiaj 017

Thankfully, toxic oats were not an issue this morning :D

I’m off to go pack-a-lack! Happy Friday!

A bit to think about: If you have a blog or website, do you back it up regularly?

or

What plans do you have for this weekend?

Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 19, 2011 at 8:37 am

Ugh on the mini-scare!! Glad you figured out backing up the blog!! It’s worth the extra effort – I swear :)

I really want to make it to HLS next year too! There was no room in the travel budget this year :(

Good luck with your move back up here! We’ll have to meet for lunch some day — and did you get the invite for the next CFL Lady Bloggers invite?

Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 19, 2011 at 8:38 am

{that was supposed to say “meetup”}

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 8:50 am

Haha that would be great, Michelle :)

and no I didn’t get one :(
Jackie @ Momjovi said she was going to add me to the list a while back but maybe she didn’t?

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 19, 2011 at 8:56 am

I do believe you’ll have to go into the ‘backing up the blog’ topic a little more…. This has the wheels turning!!!!
—You oatmeal looks like a face :) Mmmmm!
I’ll be working in my classroom alllll.stinking.weekend.

Steph @ StephSnacks August 19, 2011 at 9:09 am

Those overnight oats look fantastic! I was supposed to go to HLS but forgot that I have a wedding to attend this weekend.. kind of bummed but I will be going next year :-)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 19, 2011 at 9:11 am

I pay for monthly backups so yes, it’s backed up.

I could not imagine losing everything. *shudder*

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 19, 2011 at 9:16 am

Ooo I definitely need to backup my blog–good call!! Happy Friday!

Lindsay@LivingLindsay August 19, 2011 at 9:21 am

Love the voluminous jar of overnight oats :)
I need to start backing up my blog. And your post is a reminder for me to now do that.I just know the second I say that, something will happen. :)

Alexandra (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen) August 19, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’ve never even though of backing up my blog. I probably should though!
Love your OIAJ – so purty :) And the second picture looks like a bird! The blackberries for the eyes and the almond butter for the beak! :D
And I made oats in a jar this morning too and had it in a plastic jar so I let my oats cool for quite a while. Anyway, I was thinking of you while I was waiting for them to cool and the “toxic oat incident” ;)

<3 <3

Leashieloo August 19, 2011 at 10:46 am

I have a wedding tonight and then tomorrow we’re going to the Cincinnati Open to see a tennis tournament. I’m also trying to cram in a trip to IKEA, but we will see! Have a great weekend!

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze August 19, 2011 at 11:01 am

good luck packing!! I was so bad at it when at the end of the summer.. I got distracted WAY too easily and it took me forever! I’ve never even thought about backing up my blog, but now I’m thinkin I should!

Jane @ Broccolini + Cheese August 19, 2011 at 11:33 am

Holy yummness that bowl of OIAJ looks awesome. Definitely worth the extra effort!

And as for backing up my blog – I am such a newbie here. Do you really only need to do this if you are self hosted or should we all be doing it?!

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I’m pretty sure its only for self-hosted but I’m not 100%

Squirrel Snackin' August 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm

If you have any tips on how to back up your blog, I’d love to hear them! I’d be so disappointed if I lost everything. :( Your oats look excellent this morning! Kinda looks like a penguin face. :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Check out my new post– I showed how I did it :)

Maria@La_Piattini August 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Oh yikes I never even thought to back up my blog. Thanks for the advice!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Wait…back up my blog…?? ……*scratches head*
Plans for this weekend: chillaxin, and celebrating my birthday, sorta. :)

Katie (Sunny Side Up) August 19, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I have never backed up my blog, but I did move it from blogger to wordpress, and left the blogger one open so at least I have some files in there!

I am desperately trying to finish a jar of Peanut Butter and Co’s White Chocolate Wonderful right now so that I can rock my own socks off with some OIAJ before I go on vacay!

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

OO! Good luck with that Katie :) I loveee that flavor

Meri August 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Mmm the fig balsamic sounds so good! I haven’t backed up my blog before, I guess I don’t even know where to start!

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Check out my new post, Meri– I went through how I did it

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I’ve never even heard of backing up the blog… is this something I need to be doing? Eek. Please post tips! And your overnight oats look delicious! I’ll have to try and make some soon. And I wish we were both at HLS! Hopefully we can go next year!!

Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I posted some pointers on my new post, Emily :) And YES! I hope we go next year too! That would be great :)