Oodles & Oodles of Green Noodles

by Brittany on August 17, 2011

Happy WIAW! :D

With no idea what my body was craving last night for dinner, I threw together a random concoction of ingredients.Toffee 010

I sautéed some diced onion and garlic on the stove, mixed in some shiitake mushrooms, chickpeas, tomatoes, cumin, and dried basil, then combined it all with some Pasta Slim spinach fettuccine.

It was definitely too random of a meal to make for a crowd or a dinner party, but it hit my food spot (Although that’s one target that is pretty hard to miss ;) )

Oh, I forgot to mention—after I finished baking my toffee-oat bars yesterday, Chuck Bass picked me up for an afternoon on the town! (Sorry Will—I don’t think I mentioned this part of my day to you either… whoops!)

MeChuck1

We had a great time but he kept taking photos of the two of us with his camera phone. I guess he’s planning to update his blog today too ;)

Okay but really– I’ve decided that it would be a fabulous idea to select one picture from my wide assortment of FaceInHole images each week to put on the bloggie. However, the photo above is actually a REAL picture, so I guess we’ll begin that installment next week?

For breakfast, I dined in style with a wine glass parfait. Hot smile

Toffee 021

Into the mix:

Greek yogurt
    Raspberries
    Blueberries
    Banana slices
    Kamut puff cereal

!Bueno!

Toffee 023

I have a dentist appointment in a few hours (yikes) and am not looking forward to having my teeth cleaned and prodded :( (Especially since I can’t even remember the last time that I went to the dentist… whoops again.)

Have a fabulous Wednesday– I can’t wait to see how you all celebrated WIAW!

A bit to think about: Are you afraid of the dentist?

or

Have you ever had an afternoon on the town with a celebrity? ;)

Cherie August 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

Woah, that parfait looks heavenly

Sweet and Savvy August 17, 2011 at 8:26 am

Uh oh! Look at that pretty thing with chuck bass!! ;) she Even eats classy breakfasts in a wine glass!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 8:54 am

Aw you are too sweet, Savannah :)

Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 17, 2011 at 8:33 am

PARFAITS YUM!

I always love all of your face in hole pictures, too!

Lindsay@LivingLindsay August 17, 2011 at 8:43 am

I had a parfait yesterday, too :)
    I HATE the dentist. I always find myself gripping onto the arm rests with dear life as they scrape my teeth. Hate the sound of the scraper and I hate when they talk to you and ask you questions while their hands are in your mouth. How can I answer your question?!?!? :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 8:55 am

Haha! Sadly, I know EXACTLY what you mean!
    The last thing I want to do is chat with the person who’s drilling my pearly whites

Sierra August 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Hahaha! That reminds me of this little clip in the BBC series Walk on the Wild Side….watch it, you will NOT regret it! :D

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog August 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

Your food looks so delicious! I love parfaits!

Tiff August 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

I haven’t tried those noodles before. I’ll have to give them a shot.

Cute pic!

Jamie@cupcakedynamite August 17, 2011 at 8:49 am

Pretty parfait! Justin Timberlake has been at my gym in VA Beach the past two days in a row. Literally sharing weights from the same rack. Best two gym days of my LIFE.

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 9:02 am

SERIOUSLY!? Oh my gosh, did you approach him??

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 17, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I am BEYOND jealous of you. I know where I’ll be tomorrow ;) Even if it does cost me a few hundred to fly there.

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 17, 2011 at 9:07 am

Haha love that face in hole pic :). And your dinner looks delicious! Good luck at the dentist! I had an appointment a couple weeks ago and was kind of dreading it because I hadn’t been in a while either. But, everything was perfectly fine!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Glad to hear it Lindsay :)

Brittany @ RunWithBritt August 17, 2011 at 9:21 am

What a hot date! :) Haha. Good luck at the dentist, I just went on Monday for a cleaning, ick! The sound of the scraping thing makes my skin crawl. Where do you find the puff cereal? It looks fantastic and I’m always in the mood for parfaits.

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I get it at Whole Foods in the bulk cereal! The brand is Arrowhead Mills :)

Steph @ StephSnacks August 17, 2011 at 9:27 am

The parfait looks so fancy in a wine glass! I’m actually not afraid of the dentist.. maybe because he’s a family friend!

Haley Q August 17, 2011 at 9:33 am

If I ever had the chance, I would spend every single afternoon out on the town with Ryan Reynolds…that probably won’t be happening anytime soon though.
    I hate going to the dentist because of how they scrape your teeth. I’ve never been afraid, but it’s not a fun experience!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm

haha! SHH Haley, ANYTHING is possible– remember that ;)

Ali @ Peaches and Football August 17, 2011 at 9:40 am

not afraid of the dentist – but I go twice a year. My boyfriend on the other hand…. it’s been 3+ years since he’s gone. When he went last he had 8 fillings put in. He quit drinking Mtn Dew and bought a sonicare so now thinks he doesn’t have to go again. Ha ha

Lyndsie August 17, 2011 at 9:50 am

I despise the dentist! I too have not been in quite a while. Maybe I should follow your good example and make an appointment….

Liz @ Something To Chew On August 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

Hahaha I absolutely love the face in a hole pics :)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 17, 2011 at 10:36 am

Ugh, I hate the dentist. Apparently due to genetics I’m prone to gum disease so I have to go for a cleaning every four months instead of six, and I always know it’s going to be uncomfortable and expensive. No fun!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 17, 2011 at 10:38 am

You and Chuck make a cute couple ;) Haha awwr you’re too adorable girlie. I hope it all goes well at the dentist for you today. I seriously hate going to the dentist, especially because I have a huuuuuge phobia of needles, but just having someone poke around in your mouth is no fun at all :(

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Amanda (shh don’t tell Will that ;) )

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze August 17, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love concocting random dishes.. your pasta looks great! Good luck at the dentist! I hate going because even though I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day and floss twice, I STILL get cavities! (and my boyfriend who is not as diligent gets none.. what the heck!)

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) August 17, 2011 at 10:49 am

Ha, love the picture! :)

I was somewhat afraid to go to the dentist this last time, since it was a new dentist and I hadn’t been in awhile. I know you’ll do great though; it’s really not bad! :)

Lisa @ Healthful Sense August 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

LOVE the parfait!! Don’t foods taste better in a pretty glass?!!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Always does ;)

Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice August 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’m loving this face in the hole thing! haha!!

Happy WIAW!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

What a perfect looking parfait! Very pretty Brittany :)

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Thanks Tessa!

Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 17, 2011 at 11:27 am

I’ve always been afraid of the dentist! My first trip to the dentist – I bit him! Ha!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm

HAHA My LAST trip to the dentist– I bit him!

…okay not really, but I just felt inclined to say that lol :)

Nikki August 17, 2011 at 11:45 am

How cute to put your breakfast in the wine glass! Makes it so much tastier I bet! :) And the dentist and I don’t mix…ugh. I feel ya on that one!

Alexis August 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

Ahh love that photo ;)
    And your parfait looks perfect and absolutely delicious!
    I’m not afraid of the dentist I love having my teeth cleaned!

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:26 pm

You’re 1 in a million, Alexis! haha

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola August 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Haha what a fabulous picture! I love GG and Mr. Bass ;) I like your classy parfait in the glass- I’m usually too lazy to actually layer my yogurt so it ends up just in a bowl- but this looks much prettier! And good luck at the dentist- I used to have a great dentist but I don’t have one in SF and I’m a little scared to go because it’s been a while! Eash!

Ellie@fitforthesoul August 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm

omgshhh!! hahah I’m so slow sometimes! I literally thought that was you! wait–it is right? ;)

Your dinner looks so good actually~Quick mixes are the best sometimes. And I actually like the dentist!! I always have for some reason.

Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm

HAHA Of course it’s me!!

Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Nice date! He’s a cutie!! ;) I love the parfait in a wine glass!! It’s so pretty and sounds delicious. I absolutely hate the dentist. I’m always early to every other appointment with any other doctor, but with the dentist I walk in when my app. is supposed to start. Nothing bad ever happens (unless the hygenist scrapes my teeth because she has a fetish with it) but I just hate being there. Worst hour, every time, of ma life.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons August 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

ahhhhh! <3 get away from my man you hussy! ;)

Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 17, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Your little pasta creation looks tasty to me too!! I’d eat it. ;) Cute parfait idea! I lovee puffed kamut! Kashi makes a good 7 grain puffed rice cereal too.

emma green August 18, 2011 at 1:20 pm

woah! love the Chuck Bass pic!

Courtney August 18, 2011 at 11:25 pm

love the chuck bass picture that is great!!

your pasta looks great and so simple to make, love recipes like that!